IGNORED

Let's talk college football

bamagrad03
Note: This thread is 4185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I can't believe it's already here!  I am a Fresno State fan, but I don't think we're making any big headlines this year, at least as far as I know.  (Unless lightning strikes and we beat Oregon in Eugene to start the season)

I also root for UCLA (wife is an alum) but, well, expectations there aren't extremely high either.

Regardless, very excited for the upcoming season!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm playing in alumni band day at Texas Tech. I'll get to see the opening game fo' FREE. Can't wait.

Driver - Cobra S3 9.5* - Mitsubishi Rayon JavlnFX M7 
Fwy - Titleist 904F 18*
Irons - Mizuno MP-14
Wedges - Cleveland 588 54*, Ping Tour 58*
Putter - Ping D66 (iWi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU_justin View Post

14-0 or 12-1 depends what happens on November 3

How's Mettenberger lookin? LSU is the only team on our schedule that scares me. That's not saying we won't lose another, coming off a title you're always bound to have a stupid slip up. But on paper, both teams playing their best games, LSU is the only one I see who can beat us, and it'll be largely contingent on QB play.

Quote:
I'm playing in alumni band day at Texas Tech. I'll get to see the opening game fo' FREE. Can't wait.

That's so cool! What do you guys think of Tuberville?

tOSU... The Ohio State University baby!

Not that this year's record will mean anything, but I'm definitely looking for 10-2 or better!

Originally Posted by Spyder

tOSU... The Ohio State University baby!

Not that this year's record will mean anything, but I'm definitely looking for 10-2 or better!

It will mean something. I remember when we went 10-2 in a bowl banned season. I enjoyed Bama beating Tennessee much more than I would have some out of conference team in Jan. Plus, you get the good fortune of avoiding a loss to an SEC team in a bowl game. ;) JUST KIDDING!

Originally Posted by bamagrad03

It will mean something. I remember when we went 10-2 in a bowl banned season. I enjoyed Bama beating Tennessee much more than I would have some out of conference team in Jan. Plus, you get the good fortune of avoiding a loss to an SEC team in a bowl game. ;) JUST KIDDING!

Haha, very funny!

The only thing that most of us care about is destroying Michigan as usual! A 10-2 season would be great, obviously, but beating Michigan 49-7 would be quite satisfying as well!

Originally Posted by Spyder

Haha, very funny!

The only thing that most of us care about is destroying Michigan as usual! A 10-2 season would be great, obviously, but beating Michigan 49-7 would be quite satisfying as well!

There may not be anything left for you but Michigan scraps after we get done with them...I'm curious, does one's hatred for the SEC supersede their hatred for their biggest rival? Will OSU fans be pulling for Bama against UM?

• Upvote 1

Mett is getting a lot of praise from the receivers. He has a lot of confidence in himself. Coaches have said they plan to air it out more and I hope they do. I'm just glad that we finally have a decent quarterback.

USC! Biggest contender against USC right now is Oregon. If we beat Oregon and win the rest, I see a national title game with USC vs. someone in the SEC.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

Originally Posted by RPMPIRE

USC! Biggest contender against USC right now is Oregon. If we beat Oregon and win the rest, I see a national title game with USC vs. someone in the SEC.

I can see USC in the hunt, but I'm still a little vexed as to why they're everyone's national title favorite this year. They went 1-1 vs ranked opponents last year. Struggled with some bottom feeders, got clobbered by Arizona St, and had a really really bad defense.

If they can sew up that D, I think they can make a run. But I don't think Oregon is going to go quietly.

I expect a good game with Oregon. The D will have to be up to "speed" especially with how fast Oregon runs their offense. A lot of Defenses that Oregon plays always looks winded starting late in the 3rd quarter to the end of the game with all the no-huddles and posters with the random pictures on them.

I can see USC in the hunt, but I'm still a little vexed as to why they're everyone's national title favorite this year. They went 1-1 vs ranked opponents last year. Struggled with some bottom feeders, got clobbered by Arizona St, and had a really really bad defense.

If they can sew up that D, I think they can make a run. But I don't think Oregon is going to go quietly.

Best Regards,
Ryan

In the :ogio: bag:
:nike: VR-S Covert Tour Driver 10.5 :nike: VR-S Covert Tour 3W :titleist: 712U 21*
:nike: VR Pro Blades 4-PW :vokey: Vokeys 52*, 56* & 60* :scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2
:leupold:
:true_linkswear: 

There may not be anything left for you but Michigan scraps after we get done with them...I'm curious, does one's hatred for the SEC supersede their hatred for their biggest rival? Will OSU fans be pulling for Bama against UM?

To be honest with you, tOSU fans (as I can't speak on behalf of other Big Ten team fans) for the most part do not hate SEC teams. We only hate when SEC fans try to rub our (Ohio State) losses to SEC teams in our faces - as if we have forgotten!

Our hatred of Michigan will never be superseded by anything though and will go on for ages. I also mean hatred as a fun rivalry, smack-talking type of hatred. The fans that fight it out and get really personal are just really ignorant and give fans of the sport in general a bad look. I'll heckle a Michigan fan but keep it friendly, I could just never pour beer on one or get physical over it. I only bring up that aspect of the rivalry because far too many college kids do this stupid stuff at the games or popular bars on game day.

I just enjoy good football and am a die-hard Ohio State fan. I typically root for the under dog as well, but I've always liked 'Bama football and we Thank You for Trent Richardson in Cleveland!

I just do not enjoy LSU & Gators at all! I have no problem backing 'Bama if we're not playing them!

Who's your team? How are they gonna do this year?

Roll Tide.

I think we'll do pretty well.  Offensive and defensive lines look to be dominant, and that's where games are won and lost.  I can't wait to see Jesse Williams bench press Michigan's offensive line.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Originally Posted by bwdial

Roll Tide.

I think we'll do pretty well.  Offensive and defensive lines look to be dominant, and that's where games are won and lost.  I can't wait to see Jesse Williams bench press Michigan's offensive line.

Ha, it's gonna be awkward in this thread if Bama gets blasted week one against UM.

I'm not a fan of USC but Silas Redd is that good and will make USC that much better plus I think the D will be slightly better this year.

As for me I'm a Notre Dame fan and I don't know what to think I mean they have talent but they need to clean up all the mistakes. If they play well I could see them going 9-3 or 8-4 with the chance of a miracle season 10-2. I just don't see them being able to beat Oklahoma on the road and USC plus I could see them dropping a game to Michigan, Michigan St, or Miami. I hoping they don't do what they have been doing blowing leads by stupid mistakes.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Note: This thread is 4185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!