IGNORED

Hovering driver

xbdi
Note: This thread is 4271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've always had a problem with grounding the driver & the immediate snap hook that always resuts.   I hover it now & go several rounds without grounding it .      It works nicely for me ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I struggled a lot with my driver in the past, I read an article that suggested hovering the driver. Since during the driver swing, you make contact with the ball off the ground...why start the swing on the ground. Anyway, it made sense to me, I tried it and it worked. I've hit many more fairways since hovering my driver.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Hate to double post but I forgot something I wanted to ask and can't figure out if I can edit my last post to add it in.  When you hover are you supposed to tee up higher? The guy I saw doing it at our course was doing so. But I just looked at the slideshow of Bubba Watson's swing and he seems to tee it fairly low, unless maybe it just looks that way from the angle. What do you guys do?

I don't know that I tee up any higher than normal.. But since I started hovering I have tee the ball a little higher than I used to. If you can get your hands on the Golf Digest issue with Bubba on the cover... Think it was "The Driver Issue" he talked about teeing the ball higher to get better distance and contact. I have been teeing to where the ball is just slightly higher than than half way above the driver when the club is grounded. I think that's about normal height but like I said, is higher than how I used to tee. I think it's helped me with my drive considering I play allot more from the fairway now.

Tee the ball high and let it fly... I started "hovering" this year. As long as you are consistent where your clubhead comes thru it doesn't matter where you tee it.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4271 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!