IGNORED

Sneak Peak: New Titleist 913 Driver! In Hand Pics!

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Had a great day last week at the Titleist media day for the new Titleist 913 line.  Thanks to Chris McGinley and Eric Soderstrom for the great day.  Here is an exclusive first look at the 913 D2 driver.  I can't get into too much info.  All I can say for now is that there will be a D2 model and a D3 model, similar head shapes to that of the 910 line.  But there are some major upgrades.  Look for our Bag Drop early next month for more details.

This is the new Titleist 913 driver that Rory Mcilroy just won the PGA with.  I had the opportunity to hit the driver at the Titleist Performance Institute/Oceanside Test Facility.  I was very impressed with the combination of technology with the stylish, pear shaped Titleist look that is recognizable to many golfers.  It's going to change most golfer's perception of Titleist drivers.

Some pics of the 913 D2 9.5 degrees

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You can do better than that, Mike!

Other sites, including Titleist, have told us more.

More forgiving towards the perimeters because of a new face insert

So - hotter feel

Less Spin

Adjustable weight is spread over more of the club

Head shape is slightly different (looks more appealing - thanks for the pic)

Some have said the adjustable hosel is smaller in appearance

Titleist has said all the stock shafts except the Bassara W are OEM Aftermarket Shafts (not "made for")

Now tell us what you think - at least a little bit...

• Upvote 1

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Mike can do the latter. And if he'd done the former he wouldn't have given you the opportunity to post some things! :)

Titleist asked Mike not to post too much information. He's obviously chosen to take the SUPER-strict interpretation for now.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Is the shaft adapter the same as the 910? Will the 913 take 910 shafts?

I'm a long way from needing an upgrade, but it would be nice to have existing shaft work so I could create shaft options.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

Is the shaft adapter the same as the 910? Will the 913 take 910 shafts?

I'm a long way from needing an upgrade, but it would be nice to have existing shaft work so I could create shaft options.

Yes, the 913 will fit the 910 sleeve, according to Titleist.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Originally Posted by Harmonious

For me, the best thing about this is that, with the rollout of the 913, the 910's will hopefully come way down in price.  Maybe it will be time to upgrade from my 909D3 to the 910.

You should see a price break over the next couple of months to close them out.

You should see a price break over the next couple of months to close them out.

Sweet, I love that 910 D3 with the Project X shaft! Come to papa!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Sweet, I love that 910 D3 with the Project X shaft! Come to papa!

BINGO!

Edit: oops I have the D2 but I much prefer my D2 so Bingo for me.

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Yes, the 913 will fit the 910 sleeve, according to Titleist.

I need to add that I read something on wrx that the 910 sleeves will not work with the 913f and h.

But do work on the driver.

I need to add that I read something on wrx that the 910 sleeves will not work with the 913f and h.

But do work on the driver.

Yes that is correct

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Other sites, including Titleist, have told us more.

More forgiving towards the perimeters because of a new face insert

So - hotter feel

Less Spin

Adjustable weight is spread over more of the club

Head shape is slightly different (looks more appealing - thanks for the pic)

Some have said the adjustable hosel is smaller in appearance

Titleist has said all the stock shafts except the Bassara W are OEM Aftermarket Shafts (not "made for")

Yes there are only a few "made for" shafts.  Most are the actually premium shafts, according to Titleist.  Funny note, the Bassara "made for shaft" is what Ben Crane uses.

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Erik was spot on with what he said but I gotta listen to our members, so here goes a2_wink.gif

I think the D2 is a definite improvement because of the reduced spin, especially for Titleist's core audience.  85% of pros that played the 910 Titleist drivers used the D3.  With the new 913, there has been an uptick with D2 usage.  D3 is still #1 but I think Titleist listened to a lot of feedback of previous D2 models and made some great adjustments with the 913.  I know a few Titleist guys, one that went from TaylorMade to Titleist and felt the 910 D2 did not go as far as his Super Fast TP.  This probably won't be the case with the 913 D2 due to minimizing spin.

I played a round with the 913 D2 and didn't see any distance loss. Great looking driver at address and the SureFit system seems like it's a step ahead of everyone else.  Like with most drivers, "standard" works well with me so I didn't experiment too much with it.  I tend to miss it on the toe and when I did that with the 913 I actually got some pretty good results.

The 913 D3 is similar IMO to the D3 910 but the face is hotter and it sounds better.  Little more "bang" at impact.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Yes that is correct

Yes there are only a few "made for" shafts.  Most are the actually premium shafts, according to Titleist.  Funny note, the Bassara "made for shaft" is what Ben Crane uses.

Erik was spot on with what he said but I gotta listen to our members, so here goes

I think the D2 is a definite improvement because of the reduced spin, especially for Titleist's core audience.  85% of pros that played the 910 Titleist drivers used the D3.  With the new 913, there has been an uptick with D2 usage.  D3 is still #1 but I think Titleist listened to a lot of feedback of previous D2 models and made some great adjustments with the 913.  I know a few Titleist guys, one that went from TaylorMade to Titleist and felt the 910 D2 did not go as far as his Super Fast TP.  This probably won't be the case with the 913 D2 due to minimizing spin.

I played a round with the 913 D2 and didn't see any distance loss. Great looking driver at address and the SureFit system seems like it's a step ahead of everyone else.  Like with most drivers, "standard" works well with me so I didn't experiment too much with it.  I tend to miss it on the toe and when I did that with the 913 I actually got some pretty good results.

The 913 D3 is similar IMO to the D3 910 but the face is hotter and it sounds better.  Little more "bang" at impact.

Thanks, Mike. You haven't given up anything that would offend Titleist.

I understand from Rory's fitting (published by Titleist to the public) that he claims 15 more yards with his new 913 D3 combo over his 910 D2 combo. Seems like a lot of improvement - apparently, the new face works.

And I have little in common with Ben Crane, other than we both use the Titleist Bassara, which is the primary reason I can use a TItleist. It's funny, I haven't touched a TItleist since the 983K, but picked up the 7 wood to convert to a 9 wood, kept it as is, and picked up the 4 wood. They just work, and I have no reason why they do - they feel right in my hands - and the feel/sound are great to me. They have me thinking about a 913 in November...

Haven't they been claiming a 10-15 yard increase for some time now? The guys should be hitting it 400 yards soon. :-P

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

For me, the best thing about this is that, with the rollout of the 913, the 910's will hopefully come way down in price.  Maybe it will be time to upgrade from my 909D3 to the 910.

I don't know about way down but my 910 was priced pretty decent new when I bought it last month.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Originally Posted by Zeph

Haven't they been claiming a 10-15 yard increase for some time now? The guys should be hitting it 400 yards soon.

I don't think center hits in terms of what the head can do have changed since COR is the same, but yardage can increase due to

better launch

less spin

aerodynamic head design (more swing speed)

shaft (more swing speed)

improved face technology that allows off center hits to have nearly as much ball speed as center hits

longer shaft length

etc....

• Administrator

I understand from Rory's fitting (published by Titleist to the public) that he claims 15 more yards with his new 913 D3 combo over his 910 D2 combo. Seems like a lot of improvement - apparently, the new face works.

Interestingly, Rory tends to heel the driver a little (he plays a pretty big draw and tends to catch it in the heel to take a little draw spin off). So maybe the "hotter face" actually works here, or at least works a little bit.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Mike's keeping his powder dry for the new Ping Anser driver!

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Stretch

Mike's keeping his powder dry for the new Ping Anser driver!

But I thought Ping uses a .350 tip

Bleah...

Note: This thread is 4241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!