IGNORED

5SK Video Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Paging @cipher and a few others…

This is the exact drill that I am working on at the moment.  Pretty much at the 5:32 mark...the pump then hit drill.   One question I have is, at what point does the left leg (RH) start straightening? I can pretty much see it in the video here, but as far as thinking about the drill, is there a certain point that I need to start thinking "straighten the leg?" I am exaggerating the flex in the left knee all the way to impact in my drill, then straightening and good extension on the follow through.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One question I have is, at what point does the left leg (RH) start straightening? I can pretty much see it in the video here, but as far as thinking about the drill, is there a certain point that I need to start thinking "straighten the leg?" I am exaggerating the flex in the left knee all the way to impact in my drill, then straightening and good extension on the follow through.

For the drill I would suggest to start extending or push off at about A6, shaft parallel to the ground as Erik is doing.  Basically when you give yourself that little "pump", then start to extend.  You're adding so much pressure under your left foot and engaging that left quad, extending the legs should almost be "instinctual".

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

For the drill I would suggest to start extending or push off at about A6, shaft parallel to the ground as Erik is doing.  Basically when you give yourself that little "pump", then start to extend.  You're adding so much pressure under your left foot and engaging that left quad, extending the legs should almost be "instinctual".

Makes sense. It is for the most part.  Just trying to fix a premature straightening problem that I've had.

Bryan A

Makes sense. It is for the most part.  Just trying to fix a premature straightening problem that I've had.

Yeah then doing this drill or something similar would be great for you.  If your left quad is sore the day after a range session you know you're doing it right ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Yeah then doing this drill or something similar would be great for you.  If your left quad is sore the day after a range session you know you're doing it right

Yes sir.  I could tell a HUGE difference the first rep or two. It for sure tells me that it's not a move I normally do. Thanks

Bryan A

• 2 months later...
is that green swing path product still available that used in an early demonstration video? I can't find it on their website.

@oakleys20 Do you mean the magical green potion you drink or the vision track? The green potion is all gone, we drank it, but the vision track can be purchase here .

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Paging @cipher and a few others…

This is the exact drill that I am working on at the moment.  Pretty much at the 5:32 mark...the pump then hit drill.

Oooh, great vid!

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Good drill. For so long I have been practicing my impact position by statically holding it there to get the feel. What I have found is in my swing im stopping at impact and flipping. It just finally clicked that impact is dynamic and that I should be focusing on swinging thru and noticing the feels after impact, weight left, right wrist hinge still maintained, head down and arms fully extended from my body. The hit and hold drill has done wonders for me. This drill will be great because it reinforces the same ideas! You guys know your stuff. Keep up the good work

- Jered

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Here is the first of the four videos Mike and I recorded while I was in San Diego…

Note: We are not suggesting that you necessarily "throw your arm out" in order to hit "out" at the ball, or to get the clubhead "inside the hands" at A6. Most players who attempt this will simply just come over the top with their hands AND the clubhead. Still, this video can help a few… just use this one with caution, please. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Here is the first of the four videos Mike and I recorded while I was in San Diego…

Note: We are not suggesting that you necessarily "throw your arm out" in order to hit "out" at the ball, or to get the clubhead "inside the hands" at A6. Most players who attempt this will simply just come over the top with their hands AND the clubhead. Still, this video can help a few… just use this one with caution, please. :)

Yeah this video is more of a "informational" video than a "drill" video. Please consult your nearest 5SK instructor if you think this video pertains to you :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Yeah this video is more of a "informational" video than a "drill" video. Please consult your nearest 5SK instructor if you think this video pertains to you

My 5SK instructor, @sk golf , is having me work on this exact drill in my latest Evolvr lesson.  I have been working on it for a couple of weeks with mirror work.  I haven't even it balls yet.  My swing was a lot like the left video, coming in very steep.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I don't usually compare, but the video on the left is what Haney would teach - club head in front of hands with lots of counter clockwise forearm rotation ... (and then take off the loft with by turning the front wrist towards the ground at impact) and swinging out to right field (for righties)....

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

• Administrator

This one is important to a lot of people.

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@iacas I noticed that your head is turned more behind the ball on the left frame, is this so you can make a longer turn with your body and not compromise the steady head condition?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator
@iacas I noticed that your head is turned more behind the ball on the left frame, is this so you can make a longer turn with your body and not compromise the steady head condition?

It's because my neck doesn't twist 150 degrees yes. That backswing makes a point, but I never play with a turn that big.

• Administrator

• Upvote 1

Nice, thanks guys!!  Good to know that what I'm already working on with Stephan is helping to accomplish this.

Is the relationship between the head and hips in the good video what you guys refer to as secondary axis tilt?  I've been thinking about that lately, and hit a few shots at the range the other day while thinking about trying to keep my head back, and it seemed to work.

Note: This thread is 3032 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!