IGNORED

5SK Video Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 3007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mike, is what you are showing in this video commonly referred to "speeding up #4"? I have heard this comment before but not known exactly what is meant, is this video showing that or am I way off?

Michael

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mchepp

Mike, is what you are showing in this video commonly referred to "speeding up #4"? I have heard this comment before but not known exactly what is meant, is this video showing that or am I way off?

Not to speak for Mike, but yea, you are correct. Or maybe saying "unloading #4" is better. Or not. Maybe its the same.

I definitely need to do this more looking over my swing just now.

Pressure Point 4: the lead armpit, or where the lead arm touches against the chest.

Corresponding Power Accumulator 4: The angle between the lead arm and the shoulders, which is not being released at all in the player on the left in Mike's video lesson (or being released too slowly or very little).

Sorry for jumping in here, hopefully Mike answers your question.

Tiger does this so freakin' well.... all the tour guys do.

Erik posted two awesome photos demonstrating this from DTL on Tristan's swing thread:

• Upvote 1

Constantine

• Administrator

Heh heh. Mike said "nipple."

• Upvote 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Heh heh. Mike said "nipple."

Yes he did... and more than once.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Not to speak for Mike, but yea, you are correct. Or maybe saying "unloading #4" is better. Or not. Maybe its the same.

I definitely need to do this more looking over my swing just now.

Pressure Point 4: the lead armpit, or where the lead arm touches against the chest.

Corresponding Power Accumulator 4: The angle between the lead arm and the shoulders, which is not being released at all in the player on the left in Mike's video lesson (or being released too slowly or very little).

Sorry for jumping in here, hopefully Mike answers your question.

Nice post, yeah you can look at the pressure points as being the arm pits or the muscle ( coracobrachialis...no I can't pronounce it) that's in contact with the pec at address.  Like I said PP#4 moves and can use the nipple as a reference.  Yep I said nipple again! lol

Obviously I'm not going to use the power accumulator term for these "simple" videos.  Like JF said, you're are correct, speeding up #4 (4th Accumulator) is another way of saying it.  Although I prefer the image of creating that space or of PP#4 moving down the chest.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Hi Erik,

i watched all of the posts you put here and put them into action today. One of my best 9 holes. Shot 44, very pleased

R11s driver 

R11s 3 wood

Rescue 11 3  18*

Rescue 11 4  21*

MP-59 5-pw

ATV wedge 54* 60*

Metal-X 2 ball putter

3.0 buggy

DX-3 ball

FLX glove

Shoes

Towel

Oakley antix sunglasses 

solar umbrella 

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Shortylook

Hi Erik,

i watched all of the posts you put here and put them into action today. One of my best 9 holes. Shot 44, very pleased

Thanks! Keep at it. Check out evolvr.com if you haven't already, too (of course, if you want to keep going the "free" route that's cool too!). :)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Coincidentally I too have been way hung this series on this thread, and I have adjusted my swing based on these videos--even though they are clips--I have been able to glean from them a ton of info. Last Sunday I shot a dismal 102 if memory serves--which I want to forget--anyway yesterday I also shot a 44 on 9 (didn't have time for 18). And reading your response @iacas--I had been considering the evolvr thing--I'm new but I gather its video based training (swing analysis) but after watching and breaking old habits and still not 100% on the new ones I'm trying to implement I have to admit I'm scarred to cram too much in at once and totally screw myself up. Though my fear may be unwarranted maybe I just need to understand a little better what evolvr really is and what I can accomplish with it. I thought about just ponying up for the DVDs-which is a small price for the knowledge to gain. Maybe I just answered my own ?

Originally Posted by mvmac

Obviously I'm not going to use the power accumulator term for these "simple" videos.  Like JF said, you're are correct, speeding up #4 (4th Accumulator) is another way of saying it.  Although I prefer the image of creating that space or of PP#4 moving down the chest.

Very good point. It is called "five simple keys" after all. I keep forgetting that part.

If there's one thing I'm noticing its just how much the hands have lowered in the player who unloads the lead arm correctly vs. the player who does not. Tristan's hands have a very high low point whereas Tiger's hands very nearly reach his knees! Looking at my swing thread, the low point of my hands is not very low.

Originally Posted by twisted5ltr

Coincidentally I too have been way hung this series on this thread, and I have adjusted my swing based on these videos--even though they are clips--I have been able to glean from them a ton of info. Last Sunday I shot a dismal 102 if memory serves--which I want to forget--anyway yesterday I also shot a 44 on 9 (didn't have time for 18). And reading your response @iacas--I had been considering the evolvr thing--I'm new but I gather its video based training (swing analysis) but after watching and breaking old habits and still not 100% on the new ones I'm trying to implement I have to admit I'm scarred to cram too much in at once and totally screw myself up. Though my fear may be unwarranted maybe I just need to understand a little better what evolvr really is and what I can accomplish with it. I thought about just ponying up for the DVDs-which is a small price for the knowledge to gain. Maybe I just answered my own ?

Here's an example evolvr lesson. That's Zeph. He's a regular here. This is from like 2010 or something. Working on the takeaway. Evolvr takes a bit to get used to: like how to film your swing right, get enough frames per second, and giving them the best view to work with you. But after a little bit, you get into it and can form a routine with how its done.

I'd recommend it as a great way to get relevant information to your swing at an affordable price. It took me some time to build up to signing up, but now I'm really glad I did, and I wish I did it earlier. You really gotta put the practice in to get better, but at least now, I know what to practice.

Constantine

The beauty of Evolvr is that you have the option for multiple uploads per month.  Helps after an analysis to "check in" or ask any questions you have have.  And an analysis just focuses on one swing piece or one Key.  We don't do 20 min analyses and break down all your faults.  We want you to get better right now and we focus on your priority piece.

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Very good point. It is called "five simple keys" after all. I keep forgetting that part.

If there's one thing I'm noticing its just how much the hands have lowered in the player who unloads the lead arm correctly vs. the player who does not. Tristan's hands have a very high low point whereas Tiger's hands very nearly reach his knees! Looking at my swing thread, the low point of my hands is not very low.

Yeah have to realize most golfers don't like the technical stuff.  This is where I think Golf Evolution excels, we can go back and forth between technical lingo and Joe average speak.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

• Upvote 1

• Administrator
Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Awesome drill idea!

You can play golf doing it too.

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Awesome drill idea!

Very much so! I've been looking for something to help me with my trail knee and this sounds pretty good! Gonna try it out tonight!

Thanks Dave

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Mike's first video and Dave's together will help me.  I really think this is one of my problems.  I went back and looked at a driver video I sent in to Evolvr and my right knee is moving forward towards the ball a lot.  I know my swing path is in to out and my miss is a push or push fade with the driver.

Anyone have a good way to get alignment sticks to stand at an angle at an indoor range?  Not all of us are in SoCal!! I want to set up a stick like Mike did in the first video above.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3007 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!