IGNORED

Vehicle damage

HighHandy
Note: This thread is 4250 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by kymonopoly

My favorite course of action when someone takes up two parking spots is to back into a "spot" right next to them so my passenger's door is so close that they can't possibly open the driver's side door far enough to get into the car.  I only key a car when someone jacks the parking spot I am patiently waiting on.

I honestly think keying a car is one of the most cowardice acts a man can do.  Maybe when you decide you have a pair you'll stop doing cowardly things, perhaps.

• Upvote 2

Jeff

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good to see someone owning up to it. I play at a course where houses line the right side of the fairway on 3 or 4 of the first nine holes. I'm sure some have experienced more than a broken car window.

In my  Recoil bag:

Nike SQ Machspeed Black STR8-FIT Driver 

Cobra Baffler Rail 3 Wood 

Cobra Baffler Rail 3 Hybrid

Cobra Baffler Rail 4 Hybrid

Nike SQ Machspeed Irons 5-AW

Cleveland 588 - 54 Degree

Cleveland 588 - 58 Degree

TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spider Putter

NXT Tour

Originally Posted by SloverUT

I honestly think keying a car is one of the most cowardice acts a man can do.  Maybe when you decide you have a pair you'll stop doing cowardly things, perhaps.

No probably not.  But then again, I did it when the person was standing there.  I've done it when they are in the car.  I genuinely didn't care.  I've done it twice.  Once when 16 (and stupid) and once about 3 hours after I found out a good friend was diagnosed with a terminal illness.  Pretty bad day.

I saw a guy hit a ball into a moderately busy road and a car hit the bouncing ball and it looked like the ball cracked the windshield.  The car stopped and got out of the car and the man who hit the ball walked down the road after seeing the car stop and talked to the guy for a few minutes and hand over a business card.  I understand that it costs money but I don't understand why courses with a "road hole" don't put up more preventive measures like a giant mesh screen or something of the like.  I would think that the course could be held responsible for the damage (then again I'm not a lawyer so I wouldn't know).

Originally Posted by kymonopoly

No probably not.  But then again, I did it when the person was standing there.  I've done it when they are in the car.  I genuinely didn't care.  I've done it twice.  Once when 16 (and stupid) and once about 3 hours after I found out a good friend was diagnosed with a terminal illness.  Pretty bad day.

You strike me as a rather unlikeable person.

Driver:  :adams: super S

Fairway Woods: :tmade: RBZ 15* 3 wood

Hybrids:  :tmade: Burner 2.0 18* 3H, :adams: A7OS 22* 4H, :adams: A7OS 25* 5H

Irons: :adams: A7OS 6-PW

Wedges:  :cleve: 588 RTX 50* GW, :cleve: 588 BeCu 56* SW

Putter:  :odyssey: White Hot XG #7 2.0

Originally Posted by bnz506

I live in NYC where finding parking can drive any person insane so if someone takes up two spots I make sure I go back to key the car after I find a parking spot (if its basically the direction I want to go).

...anywayzzz this year I hit a drive way left and it curved around a tree and I assume onto the road (I couldnt see) and hit a car because I heard the thud but none of the cars driving by turned onto the golf course so I assume they didnt care.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wisguy

After taking a peek around to make sure no one else is looking, I like to kick a nice dent in the door when I see someone taking up two spaces.  It's the little things you do that make life fun.

People like you are the ones that I worry about, being a new father, in that it will be so much harder to teach him right from wrong when people like you two are walking around with absolutely zero common sense or self-respect.

God forbid I ever witness anything like this happening to my own, or anyone else's property. Jerry Springer and Maury will continue to make millions off of people like you.

Originally Posted by ndb8fxe

I see you are one of those guys who has a car so fancy that you find it necessary to use two parking spots when everyone else requires one.  Like you, I park in a spot that is least likely to get hit by a ball.

I never EVER take 2 spots.......

I took that pic in the car-wash parking lot as I was leaving. It was a beautiful sunny day and had a camera handy so I backed in crooked just long enough to snap a quick pic.  if you look closely, you can see the car is still a little wet and you can see where water is dripping on the pavement beneath the just/washed car.

People who double park annoy me too........  I just park far enough away "IN 1 SPACE" so nobody will park next to me.  I actually agree with you 100% with regard to people who take multiple parking spaces.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

After taking a peek around to make sure no one else is looking, I like to kick a nice dent in the door when I see someone taking up two spaces. It's the little things you do that make life fun.

Originally Posted by Spyder

People like you are the ones that I worry about, being a new father, in that it will be so much harder to teach him right from wrong when people like you two are walking around with absolutely zero common sense or self-respect.

God forbid I ever witness anything like this happening to my own, or anyone else's property. Jerry Springer and Maury will continue to make millions off of people like you.

Spyder, please relax, go to wikipedia and look up "tongue in cheek."

I've kicked a dent in someone's car once in my life and that was when they parked, literally 7" from my driver's side door in order to allow 7' of space on their own driver's side door, forcing me to get in through the passenger side.  Even then I might not have done anything other than leave a nasty note on their windshield, but for the fact that the parking lot was half empty and there were plenty of other spaces so there was no excuse whatsoever for parking me in like that.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Quote:

After taking a peek around to make sure no one else is looking, I like to kick a nice dent in the door when I see someone taking up two spaces. It's the little things you do that make life fun.

Originally Posted by Spyder

I've kicked a dent in someone's car once in my life and that was when they parked, literally 7" from my driver's side door in order to allow 7' of space on their own driver's side door, forcing me to get in through the passenger side.  Even then I might not have done anything other than leave a nasty note on their windshield, but for the fact that the parking lot was half empty and there were plenty of other spaces so there was no excuse whatsoever for parking me in like that.

So vandalizing a car is ok if you only do it once in your life? How many times do you get before you're an a-hole? 2? 5?  I'm just curious.

Bill

Obviously it's not tongue in cheek and you were referencing something that you've done in the past. A note would be fine and actually would be funny. Kicking someone's car, regardless of how idiotic they are being, is going way below their level.

Someone parking so close to another person's car that they could not open their driver's side door wide enough to slip a can of soda through the gap into the car deserves to have something bad happen to his or her car.    I've never done anything like that in my life and cannot imagine parking so that I prevent someone else from getting into his or her car - it is unbelievably rude and thougthless behavior.

Spyder, I've never keyed, kicked or otherwise touched anyone else's car just for double parking, and I walk by a new 911 at least once a week whose douchebag owner takes up two spaces in a very crowded parking garage.  How is it that you are not capable of understanding that taking up two parking spaces (which may or may not effect anyone else in any way at all depending on the parking lot)  is an entirely different situation than parking someone in so closely that becomes difficult for either driver to exit the parking spot without the cars scraping?  Totally different situations.  Analogy:  saying "If I saw a guy wearing poofy plus-fours and a beret out on a course, I'd punch him" is not the same as saying "A drunken jerk called my wife a wh*re and gestured as he if was going to fondle her chest, so I punched him."  One can joke about the one situation (which clearly would not be justified and was made to be humorous) but actually committing the act in the second situation would be justified.  A little more thinking and a little less mischaracterizing and jumping to conclusions will benefit you Spyder.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Someone parking so close to another person's car that they could not open their driver's side door wide enough to slip a can of soda through the gap into the car deserves to have something bad happen to his or her car.    I've never done anything like that in my life and cannot imagine parking so that I prevent someone else from getting into his or her car - it is unbelievably rude and thougthless behavior.

Spyder, I've never keyed, kicked or otherwise touched anyone else's car just for double parking, and I walk by a new 911 at least once a week whose douchebag owner takes up two spaces in a very crowded parking garage.  How is it that you are not capable of understanding that taking up two parking spaces (which may or may not effect anyone else in any way at all depending on the parking lot)  is an entirely different situation than parking someone in so closely that becomes difficult for either driver to exit the parking spot without the cars scraping?  Totally different situations.  Analogy:  saying "If I saw a guy wearing poofy plus-fours and a beret out on a course, I'd punch him" is not the same as saying "A drunken jerk called my wife a wh*re and gestured as he if was going to fondle her chest, so I punched him."  One can joke about the one situation (which clearly would not be justified and was made to be humorous) but actually committing the act in the second situation would be justified.  A little more thinking and a little less mischaracterizing and jumping to conclusions will benefit you Spyder.

Kudos to you for the remarkable restraint displayed by not teaching those 911 owners a much-needed lesson in manners.

You've really turned me around on this. How stupid of me for not seeing the similarities between defending my wife's honor, and committing a crime in order to get revenge for someone who doesn't park to my satisfaction.

Thank you for showing us the light.

Bill

I am very sorry but I don't think I can offer you any logic as a response because your terrible analogy lacks any sign of it to begin with.

You're taking offense to my opinion based on something that you openly admitted to doing. Maybe you shouldn't do things that you need to be so defensive about as you obviously harbor a little bit of inner-guilt?

A little more thinking about what you're saying and admitting, prior to trying to defend your actions with a terrible analogy, will benefit you.

Originally Posted by Fore Left

Membership at  TheParkingLot.com  is soaring.

ParkingLOT.com........Now that's an idea!!!

IMO....it should look like this...........

I think this theme could work.........

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by BuckeyeNut

ParkingLOT.com........Now that's an idea!!!

IMO....it should look like this...........

I think this theme could work.........

If you swapped out a few of those for Husker banners, I think you could be on to something.

Driver:  :adams: super S

Fairway Woods: :tmade: RBZ 15* 3 wood

Hybrids:  :tmade: Burner 2.0 18* 3H, :adams: A7OS 22* 4H, :adams: A7OS 25* 5H

Irons: :adams: A7OS 6-PW

Wedges:  :cleve: 588 RTX 50* GW, :cleve: 588 BeCu 56* SW

Putter:  :odyssey: White Hot XG #7 2.0

So they parked within seven inches of your door, leaving themselves seven inches to get out of their own car in an otherwise empty parking lot?

Please pardon my skepticism.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4250 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!