Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

hola from NY

2 posts in this topic

New to the forum, I have been golfing for 8 years.  I currently golf for school a division III college here in NY.  I have a WICKED slice from time to time, due to an outside-in swing.  There aren't many good swing coaches around here, so I'm hoping my coaches at school can put an end to it!  I usually golf 3 times a week over summer, and the driving range 4 or 5 days a week.  Come next week I will be out 5 days a week on the course and the range for school.  I'm looking forward to meeting members on here and learning a few things!

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Great to have you.  If you have any other questions about using the site, check out our "Using the Site" section ,

Here are some great threads to get started and familiar with The Sand Trap

Want to follow some bright people and some awesome members? Check out this article . Want to talk about more than golf or quickly find like-minded folks? Check out our Groups .

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Can't hit long irons at all... any tips?
      Hitting a long iron is like to write a Constitution for a newly-born country. It must be based on a lot of factors such as Current Economy, Geography, Culture an a lot more. Move on from there and look for a good GDP, then make some Amendaments because you have to do something else to foster the change.  I am into my fifth month of playing golf. I've found out that long iron is the most difficult club to hit consistently let alone acuracy and good distance. I am now commited to use only 4iron at driving range for a period of 3 months.  The word FRONTIER means there a lot of things to discover on my swing. So let pin down 20 techniques I must discover. After 3 weeks, I could say I have gained some and currently I am still looking to achieve some more techniques or up to 20 techniques to make pure swing every time.  Following are what I have discovered and these techniques have been already sunk in my TISSUES, my CELLUAR through deliberate practices.  1. Target line  2. Hip turn  3. Left arm straight  4. Right toe stands upright after swing 5. Be careful on backswing 5. Downswing is slow around first half and accelerate throughout second half 6. Backswing is tension free (if you can't handle the backswing with tension free, you are too weak and should wait after few sleeps) 7. Free tension on shoulder during backswing 8. Your eye, your mind, your soul strictly focus on the point of impact MOI (to the rest of your life with any golf club) 9. You must be heathly at all time with long iron (if you don't feel well that day, please no long iron) 10. High spirit (if not, you lose consciousness, all the techniques can't be incorporated)  11 to 20 are techniques I am discovering. Keep in mind if you want to have a tan skin, go to the salon and stay in the box to be tanned. Only tons of practices make you tanned.  Chapter 1: to attain consistency level (every swing is airborne, ignore the distane and accuracy) Chapter 2: to attain accuracy with consistency Chapter 3: to attain distance with accuracy and consistency 3 month with the 4iron. Enjoy and good luck
    • 2-meals-a-day vs. 6-meals-a-day Debate
      Isn't the six-meal idea sort of a bodybuilding related thing. The idea is to cram in the fuel since you need it after all that lifting. Usually, I'm on two-and-a-half real meals. Breakfast is real small. It's typically a cup of yogurt or some toast. I need to stay away from the famous fourth meal that generally consists of beer and junk.  
    • Winning a major vs winning a gold medal
      The Ryder Cup has a history and is a team event. Apples and oranges.
    • What Climate Wars Did To Science
      This picture illustrates people who don't believe in climate change issues:
    • Winning a major vs winning a gold medal
      So, what's all the hoopla about Ryder's cup?   For the look of it, everyone is trying to make the team, they show lots of emotion during play, etc..   Shouldn't Olympic elicit more from the players to make the team, and play one for the nation?   What are your thoughts if the thread was about making/winning Ryder cup vs winning a major?   Ryder cup vs Olympics?
  • TST Blog Entries

• Images

• Today's Birthdays

1. sirhacksalot
      (33 years old)
  • Blog Entries