IGNORED

We were young once, and hit two iron......

Ricepr
Note:Β This thread is 4250 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

First time poster. Havent played for 5 years due to illness. Back now with new clubs replacing the 24 year old Wilsons. Took me a bit to get used to a 3 and 4 hybrid. Irons and woods were ok, just a lot shorter than they had been Love em now, and just got a 5h I have told friends if I get a belly putter to put me down The Burner 2.0 3w, 3-5h, 5-p are nice but it feels like cheating they work so much better. Hell yes I am keeping them. :-)

Driver -Β RBZ 10.5Β 

3 Wood -Β Burner 2.0 - 15

Hybrids -Β Burner 2.0 3-18, 4-21, 5-24

Irons -Β Burner 2.0 Β 5-P

Wedges - RAC 52 and 56

Putter -Β Β Anser 2Β 

Ball -Β Β NXT-Tour

Don't feel so bad my staff's are collecting dust too, and yes the 2 iron also. I'm fully on the hybrid bandwagon now though and am looking t get a 5h real soon, just bought a 2h 17* and love it, in fact I got to say I bought that club specifically for one hole at my course lol.

I started back up after a 3 year break,Β  albeit with the same clubs I was swinging when I gave it up.Β Β Β  I agree though,Β  golf has a steep learning curve,Β  and the 'memory' of past glory days certainly doesn't make it any easier!

Easing back into it after a 10 year break...yes you read that right.

This weekend I replaced my ancient oversized Dunlop driver with a used (8.5/10) Cleveland Launcher DST and was consistently driving the ball 40+ yards further at the range.

Also borrowed a Mizuno JPX 800 6 iron and added 25 yards over my firesole 6 iron.

I haven't yet tried a hybrid, but expect more miracles

switching from right to lefty so:Β 

tinkering with a plethora of equipment and brands; I now feel like its all about mechanics and less equipment- stay tuned

Β 

Originally Posted by Ricepr

First time poster. Havent played for 5 years due to illness. Back now with new clubs replacing the 24 year old Wilsons. Took me a bit to get used to a 3 and 4 hybrid. Irons and woods were ok, just a lot shorter than they had been

Love em now, and just got a 5h

I have told friends if I get a belly putter to put me down

The Burner 2.0 3w, 3-5h, 5-p are nice but it feels like cheating they work so much better.

Hell yes I am keeping them.

Welcome!

I replaced the 2i with a 2H and traded the 3i for a 3H. When I went to the belly putter, I put the 3i back in the bag just to save face (not really just liked the lower flight). Β Now that you have 3 hybrids, we will have to keep an eye on you in case you decide to go all in and get a chipper and a broomstick putter with a suction cup on the end so you don't have to bend over.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*Β  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100Β 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S |Β Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro PlusΒ Β 

I had a 10 year break as well that ended last March.Β  Like everyone here the change to the new clubs, lofts, distances, and balls can't be assimilated in a couple of rounds. The difference between the gear that I bought last year what I had been playing was striking. I think that practice time is really important and it helps me develop a repeatable swing.Β  You know, when it comes to golf, these can be the "good old days"Β  I played this morning and had the best round that I have played since I've been back.Β  My driver let me down today but my irons were good and I made nearly everything from 10 feet and in. No belly putter for me either.

Hybrids...Other than technology continuing to advance, I don't know what to make of these. Β Maybe I'll try them out, but I don't understand in common terms what they are replacing and why.

Finish this statement for me please: Β My __________ game was bad and my _________ club was miserable. Then along came the hybrid to remedy both.

thanks

tinkering with a plethora of equipment and brands; I now feel like its all about mechanics and less equipment- stay tuned

Β 

Still keep a 2i in the bag. You can't hit a good 'cheater' into the wind with any hybrid. They'll balloon and die. Into a decent wind I can still poke a low burning runner out to 220 or so. Never gets more than 15yds off the deck. A 3W or 3H might get there but will be really at the mercy of the wind. It also makes for a good escape club when under some trees and still quite a ways out. A very workable club to escape those situations.

Originally Posted by RoyHotPower

Hybrids...Other than technology continuing to advance, I don't know what to make of these. Β Maybe I'll try them out, but I don't understand in common terms what they are replacing and why.

Finish this statement for me please: Β My __________ game was bad and my _________ club was miserable. Then along came the hybrid to remedy both.

thanks

My 2-iron game was such that I often went with a 3-iron or a 3-wood from the fairway. Then along came a 2-hybrid to allow me to go for pretty much every par 5 I've ever played. Not that I do, but I could.

A 2-hybrid replaced a 5-wood for me. It depends on the course though. At my home course I leave it out and go with 13 clubs.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

My 2-iron game was such that I often went with a 3-iron or a 3-wood from the fairway. Then along came a 2-hybrid to allow me to go for pretty much every par 5 I've ever played. Not that I do, but I could.

A 2-hybrid replaced a 5-wood for me. It depends on the course though. At my home course I leave it out and go with 13 clubs.

thanks sean

Β 

Originally Posted by broomhandle

LOL, does this mean in the sense of they should insult you or they should euthanize you?

I meant the latter, but I guess I should never say never Β :-)

Driver -Β RBZ 10.5Β 

Wedges - RAC 52 and 56

Putter -Β Β Anser 2Β 

Ball -Β Β NXT-Tour

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

Welcome!

I replaced the 2i with a 2H and traded the 3i for a 3H. When I went to the belly putter, I put the 3i back in the bag just to save face (not really just liked the lower flight). Β Now that you have 3 hybrids, we will have to keep an eye on you in case you decide to go all in and get a chipper and a broomstick putter with a suction cup on the end so you don't have to bend over.

Well I have to ride as I have no strength in my legs, and the hardest thing to do is get the ball out of the cup, so.......I got a suction cup, but no broomstick. I can use my 8-9 iron as a chipper. After the last few years, I am just happy to be alive, suction cup and all.

• Upvote 1

Driver -Β RBZ 10.5Β 

Wedges - RAC 52 and 56

Putter -Β Β Anser 2Β 

Ball -Β Β NXT-Tour

Originally Posted by RoyHotPower

thanks

Lost a lot of length, my 3 and 4 irons went no further than the 5, well some but not 10 yards per. 3-5 hybrids, still have 5 iron as there is a gap twixt 5h and 6i that it fills. Β Plus WHEN I get in trees I can hit a knockdown with a 5 irons

Driver -Β RBZ 10.5Β 

Wedges - RAC 52 and 56

Putter -Β Β Anser 2Β 

Ball -Β Β NXT-Tour

Well I have to ride as I have no strength in my legs, and the hardest thing to do is get the ball out of the cup, so.......I got a suction cup, but no broomstick. I can use my 8-9 iron as a chipper. After the last few years, I am just happy to be alive, suction cup and all.

And you have a good sense of humor. A definite requirement for the forum!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*Β  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100Β 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S |Β Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro PlusΒ Β 

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

And you have a good sense of humor. A definite requirement for the forum!

TourSpoon, I'm pretty new to this forum, but you are the first person i've seen that uses the same irons i do! Β I am probably not a good enough golfer to be playing with 735CM's, but i'm still hanging on to the glory days and hoping they will return.

I recently dropped my 3 iron for a ping G15 20 degree hybrid. Β I get about 5-10 yards more distance which has made a bit too big of a gap between my 4 iron and this club, but I make it work. Β The bigger problem I have is that miss hits are definitely worse than a 3i. Β When I miss hit a 3i i lose some distance, but there's not as much risk of a high launching shot left or right. Β Is this normal for a hybrid? Β it's the first one i've owned. Β wasn't really sure what to expect.

Note:Β This thread is 4250 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!