IGNORED

Hunter Mahan carrying his clubs in New York's Penn Station?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 4253 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

You think this is him? The bag is right as is the goatee. I thought he was taller. Yea or nay?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Looks too fat... I say not him

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

Totally him

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

• Administrator

Looks like him to me.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Can't see his headcovers - and they're rare to see - Iliac

But it looks like him.

Remember, cameras make people look shorter and fatter ....

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Looks like him. I met him a few months ago as the company I used to work with is one of his sponsors. He's really not that tall.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Looks like him. I met him a few months ago as the company I used to work with is one of his sponsors. He's really not that tall.

Wikipedia lists him at 5"11'. He's probably hunched over a bit with the bag and suitcase.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Wikipedia lists him at 5"11'. He's probably hunched over a bit with the bag and suitcase.

The bag makes him look short - at least for me.

It is Mahan. As a local, I can tell you that Bethpage to NY Penn Station to Union Station DC is one of the saner, no sitting in traffic ways to get to DC. None of the hassle of airport security. No stewing in a car. I wonder how many people recognized him? Big +1 from me in the common sense department.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Did you get a chance to talk to him at all?

My bag:

Driver: G10 10.5* w/ Pro Launch Red Reg 

3 Wood: G10 w/ Pro Launch Red Reg 

18* and 21* hybrids: G10 with Pro Launch Red Stiff 

4-PW: Ping Eye 2 Irons w/ Reg GS 95 

56* and 60*: Tour-S Rustique Wedges w/ Stiff KBS Tour 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 

First you posted a blurry picture of him running through the station.  (Hopefully stopping off at Dunkin for a coffee - I hate that we don't have Dunkins out here)  Then a pretty clear picture standing right behind him.  Then another clear picture from the seat behind him on the train.  Are you stalking him??

Also ... is it just me or does he have, like, 4 putters in that bag?  It's weird that he doesn't have a protective travel case.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

First you posted a blurry picture of him running through the station.  (Hopefully stopping off at Dunkin for a coffee - I hate that we don't have Dunkins out here)  Then a pretty clear picture standing right behind him.  Then another clear picture from the seat behind him on the train.  Are you stalking him??

Also ... is it just me or does he have, like, 4 putters in that bag?  It's weird that he doesn't have a protective travel case.

I'm Twitter stalking him.

These are photos from what looks to be his girlfriend's/wife's Twitter account.

My interest was piqued by someone who could easily have taken a plane, the nobrainer decision because he isn't price sensitive, but opted to take a cheaper, in this case, more efficient route, more environmentally friendly option.

And I schlep my clubs in Penn Station frequently, so I can actually relate to his experience, although my carry bag is much much lighter.

Us urban golfers, we're different.

Steve

Originally Posted by nevets88

I'm Twitter stalking him.

These are photos from what looks to be his girlfriend's/wife's Twitter account.

My interest was piqued by someone who could easily have taken a plane, the nobrainer decision because he isn't price sensitive, but opted to take a cheaper, in this case, more efficient route, more environmentally friendly option.

And I schlep my clubs in Penn Station frequently, so I can actually relate to his experience, although my carry bag is much much lighter.

Us urban golfers, we're different.

Oh OK ... I thought you were just following him around with your camera. This makes a lot more sense.

I commend him as well.  It would have been very easy to fly and avoid Manhattan altogether, so maybe he is making a conscious decision to be green.

I frequent Penn Station as well (not "frequent" like you, but each time we visit NY)  but not with golf clubs. My wife's family (originally from East Meadow) moved out here a few years ago, so now our NY trips are limited to mostly cold, and busy Thanksgiving time.

Originally Posted by jamo

Being 6'3" a lot of people don't seem that tall to me I guess.

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

Looks like him alright.  His name should be on the bag usually at the top around the rim right on the front.

Question while I'm here... How can I add the "What's in my bag" section to my signature?

Currently in my Cart Bag:

Driver:     RAZR Fit Driver, 8.5-degree, Stiff Flex Graphite Shaft

Wood:      RAZR Fit Fairway 5 Wood, 18-Degree, Stiff Flex Graphite Shaft

Hybrids:  Bazooka JMAX Tour Hybrid Iron-Woods, 3 (21-Degree) and 4 (24-Degrees) [Precision Ultra Lite Steel Shaft]

Irons:      Bazooka JMAX QL Irons, 5-PW, +1/2-inch [Precision Ultra Lite Steel Shaft]

Wedge:   Bazooka JMAX 304 Stainless M812 56-Degree Sand Wedge [Precision Ultra Lite Steel Shaft]

Putter:     Tour Tech Putter, 35-inch (Right Handed)

Champion Member since August 2012

Originally Posted by SpiderWebbs

Looks like him alright.  His name should be on the bag usually at the top around the rim right on the front.

Question while I'm here... How can I add the "What's in my bag" section to my signature?

I don't know.  I just edited my signature and typed it all in there manually.  (The logos are on the "smiley" toolbar)

They should make those bags with some rollerblade wheels in the bottom and a telescoping handle....boom, rolling luggage. Probably wouldn't help in this case, two things rolling is impossible.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

Note: This thread is 4253 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!