IGNORED

Cheapest Weekday Golf in Central Ohio

TTH83
Note: This thread is 4043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mornin!

I'm a third-year law student, and I've set up my schedule to have large chunks of time during the day for studying golf. To play a lot of golf, my cost per round has to be pretty cheap. I'm in Columbus. You other Ohioans out there, what's the cheapest 18-hole golf around that isn't an utter dog track? Thanks!

The problem with columbus is, the amount of private golf courses to public. Dayton, and NE ohio have alot better selection...

I've played Winding Hollow the past three years on a yearly golf trip, and its a very good course. But its 50 bucks to play it. So not sure how much your looking for. About a 25-30 minute drive south is Cooks Creek, that has 30 dollar play after 2pm, and is a very good golf course. Also, about 35 minutes west is Granville country club, which is a very good course for about 40 dollars walking..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Walnut Hill is pretty cheap.  I think its something like $12 for 9 holes.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

A lot of the cheaper courses arent even on Golfnow.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by GaijinGolfer

A lot of the cheaper courses arent even on Golfnow.

Really? I didn't know that. Is that for all of GolfNow or just in Ohio. I did a quick search in Ohio for tomorrow and got rates at 3 different courses....... 18 holes with cart tax included for 13,16, 17 or 18 bucks.

Check out Champions. It's in a rough neighborhood and it's no frills but a great track. I'm a member at another club in town and I still play Champions several times a year.

• 6 months later...

In addition to GolfNow, try EZLinks.  The biggest problem is finding a single spot.

Thought I read a month ago or so that Walnut Hill is being shuttered.

I've been spoiled the last few years because our office has a huge outing at a course that give us member priveliges.

Note: This thread is 4043 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!