IGNORED

Ball stuck in its own pitch mark

Subaroo
Note: This thread is 4070 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, looking at Rule 24 in the current book i see no mention of 'dropping a ball on the green', as you suggest.  Considering Rule 24-2, ii, 'Immovable obstruction in a bunker', if that is a reference you offer as evidence, i just don't see it in the book. Remotely possible when moving backwards as desired from immov obstruction to find a nearby green in which to 'drop' but i don't think that idea is good either. And when you state 'most of the time' do you mean 51% or 99.99% of the time?

Originally Posted by Dormie1360

Hey Rulesman,

I'm guessing you missed this in my answer...........I get very wordy.        I doubt you are implying relief was available for lie only.  I called it an "exception" which probably isn't the best choice of words.  Just so there is no confusion for others, the player is entitled to his original lie AND line of play.

I just quoted the decision which doesn't mention line of play.

Originally Posted by joekelly

Well, looking at Rule 24 in the current book i see no mention of 'dropping a ball on the green', as you suggest.  Considering Rule 24-2, ii, 'Immovable obstruction in a bunker', if that is a reference you offer as evidence, i just don't see it in the book.

Yes, specifically Rule 24-2b (ii) (b)

Remotely possible when moving backwards as desired from immov obstruction to find a nearby green in which to 'drop' but i don't think that idea is good either.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger, under the rules it is an option when proceeding under the Rule 24-2b (ii) (b)

Keep in mind when you do drop under the above rule, or the others that i mentioned, if  the drop is on a wrong putting green (not the green on the hole that you are playing), you then would proceed under R25-3 Wrong putting green. If it's on the hole that you were playing, after the drop you would then do the normal mark, lift, clean, and then place.

And when you state 'most of the time' do you mean 51% or 99.99% of the time?

The latter.  You'll occasionally see a drop from a water hazard on the green, the others are pretty rare.

Regards,

John

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4070 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!