IGNORED

BMW Championship Discussion Thread: PGA Tour Playoffs

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just two weeks after Rory McIlroy and Tiger Woods were paired for the first time in a PGA Tour event, they’ll be back at it once again.  The only players with three PGA Tour victories this year, they will compete together during the first two rounds of this week’s BMW Championship based on their current FedEx Cup standing.  With players in threesomes off two tees for the opening 36 holes, McIlroy (No. 1 on the points list) and Woods (No. 3) will be joined by Nick Watney (No. 2) at Crooked Stick.

With a victory at the Deutsche Bank Championship on Sunday, McIlroy further extended his lead in the Official World Golf Ranking, while Woods remained in third after a solo third-place finish.

Here's the full article on Tiger and Rory

Quote:

“He's a great kid and it's great to be around him,” Woods said. “What an amazing talent he really is. I just hope that everyone just lets him grow and develop as a player, because it's going to be fun to see over the next 20 years how this kid's career is going to pan out.”

“I feel every time I've played with Tiger, he's sort of brought the best out of me,” McIlroy countered. “I really enjoy his company.”

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Zwick

They were on the range together, Bromance in full flight.

I never thought I'd here this sentence used in reference to Tiger Woods!  As much as I hated to see the Tiger Woods scandal hurt his reputation I'm glad to see he has changed.  He has embraced his roll as a senior player on the tour and it's nice to see him mentoring the youth of the PGA.  It's nice to see a little rivilry and friendship forming.

Also Rory is a little ahead of Tiger in Player of the year award, more than likely, because of the major win.  So if Tiger could knock out another win or two, that might propel him into Player of the year....along with the other accolades of doing well in the playoffs.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Tiger has had other PGA pro's as buddies in the past.  I think his mentality is like a fighters, he plays every round trying to win and crush the competition.  Having friends on Tour makes it tougher to be that way.

I'd guess as he gets older and less competitive he will become more friendly and take some of the younger guys under his wing to mentor.

Joe Paradiso

Watching this live on PGAtour.com.  So I guess the reason why they won't show Tiger or any "marquee" groups is some sort of agreement with Golf Channel who will broadcast later?

Driver: TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Superfast, 10.5*, Regular

5 Wood:  TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Superfast, 18*, Regular

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Rescue Mid 4, 22*

Irons:  Nike Slingshot OSS 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG16 Black, 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter:  Nike OZ Black T130, SuperStroke Slim 55

Ball:  Bridgestone e6

Rangefinder:  Callaway Razr

Tiger and Rory both lighting it up.  Both 5-under through 10.   Is this going to be another 20-under week?

I am only able to follow the PGA Shot tracker. 186 yard Drive from Tiger on the 4th hole? That seems to be wrong.

Edit: Yeah that is correct. A crap drive.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

Tiger almost just aced the par 3 6th (15th).  Hit the hole.

I will watch later on my DVR, but whatever is happening right now is likely good for golf (this growing Tiger vs Rory competition) with them being paired together and both going pretty low so far.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by colin007

Does anybody know what happened on 4 with tigers drive?

Gotta think it hit a tree or something.

How fortunate for Oosthuizen and Hoffman that a new tournament is being played to divert attention form Hoffman giving fellow Titleist ball player Oosthuizen one of his balls in the trees under full view of millions of spactators.

It was conveniently swept under the carpet and the commentators have clearly been told not to mention it.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

How fortunate for Oosthuizen and Hoffman that a new tournament is being played to divert attention form Hoffman giving fellow Titleist ball player Oosthuizen one of his balls in the trees under full view of millions of spactators.

It was conveniently swept under the carpet and the commentators have clearly been told not to mention it.

That really happened?

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

Originally Posted by Shorty

You can give a playing competitor a golf ball according to the USGA(the PGA tour is a bit more restrictive with regards to golf balls, but again still legal)..  If they played the same make/number, by PGA tour rules it would be ok afaik

Note: This thread is 4229 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!