IGNORED

BMW Championship Discussion Thread: PGA Tour Playoffs

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What's scary about McIlroy is that he's had been scoring low rounds despite all those bogeys... And hasn't tiger had a bad week in driving stats? i thought i saw that he was DFL in driving for this tournament...

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guys are making mincemeat out of yet another course.  Hopefully East Lake will be a sterner test, it gets a little boring watching birdie - par - birdie - par - par - birdie - birdie......

Driver: TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Superfast, 10.5*, Regular

5 Wood:  TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Superfast, 18*, Regular

Hybrid:  TaylorMade Rescue Mid 4, 22*

Irons:  Nike Slingshot OSS 4-PW

Wedges: Cleveland CG16 Black, 52*, 56*, 60*

Putter:  Nike OZ Black T130, SuperStroke Slim 55

Ball:  Bridgestone e6

Rangefinder:  Callaway Razr

And hasn't tiger had a bad week in driving stats? i thought i saw that he was DFL in driving for this tournament...

He's T58 in driving accuracy at 57% and 70th (dead ****ing last) in driving distance at 272 yards.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by Zwick

http://social.rorymcilroy.com/photos/221741

They were on the range together, Bromance in full flight.

Should be a good tournament, altough I have never seen the course before. As long as the leaderboard contains the same names as last week it doesn't really matter.

Seems like Tiger is more friendly and welcoming towards the young guy than any of the established stars were towards him when he broke in.

Originally Posted by TN94z

Also Rory is a little ahead of Tiger in Player of the year award, more than likely, because of the major win.  So if Tiger could knock out another win or two, that might propel him into Player of the year....along with the other accolades of doing well in the playoffs.

I'm as big a Tiger fan as there is, but even if Tiger wins this week AND the Tour Championship to take his third Fedex Cup Rory is still POY.  3 wins including a major beats 5 wins, IMO.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

He hit that 180 yard drive in the first round on one of the two measured holes. That brought down his average a good 30 yards. So it really isn't that bad this week.

Originally Posted by jamo

He's T58 in driving accuracy at 57% and 70th (dead ****ing last) in driving distance at 272 yards.

1 hour delay for Saturday tee times, and split tees.

Also, I noticed that the programming for today is inverse from the programming for tomorrow.  Today the coverage starts on NBC and finishes on the Golf Channel.  Tomorrow it starts on the Golf Channel and finishes on NBC.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

1 hour delay for Saturday tee times, and split tees. Also, I noticed that the programming for today is inverse from the programming for tomorrow.  Today the coverage starts on NBC and finishes on the Golf Channel.  Tomorrow it starts on the Golf Channel and finishes on NBC.

Yup. You can thank college football for that one.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Tiger is limping the wrong way and Phil is racing ahead. Top 6: Phil, Vijay, Scott, Dustin, Rory, GMac Could make for an interesting sunday.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Tiger's struggling but he just chipped in for birdie. It seems like he hurt his left ankle. Phil is charging hard (tied for the lead now actually), as is Adam Scott. Rory and Vijay each -1 for the day. DJ just tied for the lead with Phil and Vijay.

In my bag:

Should be exciting 5 current or past number 1 ranked players in the world and a really dorky guy who plays left handed (of course I don't think he has ever been ranked #1).

Originally Posted by Infamous 273

The # of Champions Tour wins Vijay gets next year?  I'm saying 6 minimum.

I'm saying a third of that, max.

He'll keep playing on te regular tour. Why would he start playing on the Champions Tour? Just because he's 50? Not Vijay.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

My boy Tiger pulled out a decent round after what could have been a disaster...

They asked him after the round if his chip-in gave him a bit of a momentum swing. Let's see, he was +3 going into it, and with the chip-in he strung together 3 straight birdies and 4 out of 6. :-D

In my bag:

I'm saying a third of that, max. He'll keep playing on te regular tour. Why would he start playing on the Champions Tour? Just because he's 50? Not Vijay.

Agree. He may be 55 before he plays anything but majors on the Champions tour!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 4235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!