IGNORED

best cart bag?

Note: This thread is 3534 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sun Mountain C-130 is what I have (the '07 model) and it is great, although not perfect. As long as you don't anticipate having to carry it to far I would go for it, but if you might have to do a fair bit of walking to/from clubhouse or whatever, then it may not the be the best option.

There was an excellent discussion on cart bags you should read in this thread: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6660 Here is what I had to say about the C-130 in that thread:
I have the 2007 Sun Mountain C-130 Cart Bag. I liked the look of it, the huge array of compartments, the external putter well, external umbrella sleeve, plastic lined cooler pocket with drain, the 14 full length dividers, etc. A really nice full featured bag. I use it about 80% of the time on a pull cart, and 20% on a power cart. The only cons of this bag are the sheer size and weight. If you have much of anything in the side pockets, it can take up more than its share of space on a power cart... It would be hard to put two of these suckers side by side I think. It barely fits in my trunk. It also is pretty darn heavy and a bit akward when you have to carry it (such as going to the range, especially when the main level is full and you have to take it upstairs!). It does have an extra wide padded shoulder strap, but the balance isn't quite right on it, and it tends to want to slip off your shoulder while walking.

In my Bag: (Sun Mountain C-130 '07)

Driver: X460 11°
5W: Big Bertha Ti '05
4h: Fusion FT 23°5i-GW: Big Bertha '04SW: CG11 56° Putter: G5i Anser

• 3 weeks later...

Ogio Atlas!

I got mine for xmas two years ago, and did a ton of research before committing my list to Mrs. Santa. It has room for everything, looks great, is durable, and stands out in a sea of staff cart and carry bags at outings.

Favorite features: separate lined compartment for each club, ball pocket with simple pull-to-open zipperless mouth, and material quality.

Atlas Cart Bag
ISI Irons
ONE Platinum ball
CG10 60 degree wedge
r7 stiff shaft 10.5 degree driver
Two ball White Hot XG putter
Warbird XTT Stand bag

Heaven is 630 a.m. Saturday morning, 65 crisp degrees headed toward a comfortable 80, first tee (elevated, of course) . . . and not another worry in the world.

Driver: r7 quad/10.5 degree, stiff shaft
3W: Steelhead III, stiff shaft
7W: r5, stiff shaftIrons (2-SW): ISI K/Black dot, stiff shaft,...

• 6 years later...

I think that this forum is pretty perceptive about the "lack of sun mountain" bags on pro tours.  Yep ... but I do think that if you look closely the features of Sun Mountain bags are either copied or they use Sun Mountain to make the other bags.  Sun Mountain started out small and has really grown.

My like for sun mountain increased after I sent a bag back for repair and they sent me a new bag free of charge.  There is no substitution ( name brand or whatever ) for really standing behind your Product.

Carry bag - three five ( had an orange one and they tried to match color as much as possible in giving me a new bag )

That one act of kindness hopefully will lead to additional sales cause everyone that asks me my opinion has a Sun mountain carry bag ( or cart bag )  if they value my opinion.

Ironically - I do have another cart bag, but I got it my teen years ... and it is an Old Leather Ben Hogan Staff bag.  Really too big and bulky for a speed cart or even as an every day bag.  Looks great with the set displaying in the LIving room or my OFFICE

Note: This thread is 3534 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!