IGNORED

Whats your most unbelievable golf story?

BuckeyeNut
Note: This thread is 4216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It can be a single shot or a fantastic record over time.  What his your most unbelievable story?

My unbelievable story........My home course is 7122yds 75.1cr and 144 slope...............there are 10par 4s and I've made eagle 2 on 7 of them!  7 out of 10........in DA HOLE from the fairway.

The Dali Lama stiffed me for a tip, but he promised me enlightenment on my death, so I have that working for me.

Sincerely,

Carl Spackler

Lets hear your story....................

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

I was playing Royal Liverpool during Open week this summer.  We had just played a par 3 and were standing on the tee box of a par 4.  I heard the group behind us yell "fore" so I turned around to see a ball coming over the hill at the back of our tee box.  It hit and bounced a couple of times before hitting me in the leg.  I looked down and it was MY golf ball.  I had lost it a few holes earlier and the guy behind us found it and then hit me with it.

• Upvote 3

3 or 4 weeks ago my buddy and I were playing at the muni and I hit my drive fairly straight and low to about 240 on a 320 par 4. He teed up drove a high fade that bounced a couple times and hit my ball! Both went opposite directions about 10 feet. Never seen it before, but I'm sure it's happened. I bet I never see it again. Roger

Golfing with a couple of friends many years ago, we're on the 13th or 14th hole, the hole runs along the road that leads to the clubhouse.  Bordering the road is a low 2 rail fence, my friend hits his drive and it lands a foot or so just inside the fence.  As he gets ready to hit his second shot, a car is driving down the road heading to the clubhouse, the car gets about 20 yards past him as he hits the ball.  We watch in horror as the ball is screaming straight for the car and in the last moment it dips down, hits the road, and hits the underside of the car.  But, it keeps bouncing, like a basketball player dribbling a ball, it must have bounced up and down a dozen times before the driver stopped.

We're doing everything in our power not to hit the ground in laughter, as the older gentlemen in the car gets out.  We all appologized numerous times over, but after that, not sure any of us hit another good shot for the round as we couldn't stop laughing.  I'm sure the poor guy in the car thought he had just dropped a rear end with the noise that ball must have made bouncing up and down on the bottom of his car.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I have played somewhere around 2000 rounds of golf and have never once had a ball go in from more than 50 yards on any hole (and only once from about 45 yards). 0 for 36000.

I have two.

Occasionally, I will travel for business meetings in the bay area. On my last two trips, I managed to sneak out onto the Harding Park 9 hole course for a late afternoon round (in my experience, this is the only SF-area golf course that doesn't completely gouge out of towners). The course has a 270 yard - par 4 8th hole that is fairly straightaway. On my first round, I drove the front of the green and then holed a 30 foot putt. On my second, I hit my drive left of the green, and pitched from 20 yards straight into the cup. I've played the hole twice and am 4-under total - I don't think I can go back!

I have posted my second story on this forum before, but I think it's worth re-telling. A few years ago, I was invited to play at a private country club as a guest of a gentleman that I did some business with. After 15 holes, he had to leave early to coach his son's little league game, but agreed to let me stay to play the last 3 holes without him (this is a strict violation of country club rules, but hey, what could go wrong in 3 holes??). Wouldn't you know it, on the very next hole, I yank my approach shot left of the green and into a group of gentlemen standing on the tee box for the next hole. One of them ignores the "fore" cry and turns to look and wham! gets nailed square in the jaw from 175 yards on the fly. In summation, my member gets written up in his "file" and I have not been invited back since!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I guess I have a couple "cool" stories.  I was playing a 550 yard par 5 at my home course and hit my drive straight down the middle about 320 with a little wind behind me which left me 230 to the hole.  I decided to go for it which I normally do so I chose a 4 iron due to the wind and made my second shot on a par 5 for a doulbe eagle or albatross whatever you know it by.

An actual funny story is the second par 3 on my home course hole number 6 just to the right of its green is the number 7 teebox (pretty dangerous spot) well I hit my tee shot off of number 6 tee box and was heading to the right of the green towards 7 tee box.  Wouldn't you know it I landed right in the trash can on the fly at 7 teebox.

One last one I can remember off the top of my head is I had a 50 yard approach shot to the green of a par 4 and I hit the ball and it hit the very top of the flagstick coming straight down.  I hit my shots very high and the angle it hit the flag stick at was nearly perfect and still only left me with a 2 foot putt.

I didnt have any of my golf equipment at school and havent played in months but i still wanted to play. I got a good deal at a private course my sister worked at. So i had 10 year old crappy RAM rented clubs, no golf shoes, no glove, and a dozen of the cheapest top flites they had. I didnt expect much i just wanted to play. On the 8th hole, an uphill 195 yd par 3, i took out the steel shafted 3 hybrid and hit a low line drive hook(not on purpose) that went in the general direction of the green. I walk up to the green with my wedge and putter expecting that it rolled off the back. Cant find it. Look in the hole. There it is. My first hole in one. I think it was about all luck and the only skill being that i know how to swing a golf club.

Driver:  907 D1 (10.5*)

3 Wood:  Burner Superfast 2.0 (15*)

Hybrid:  Idea Pro Gold (21*)

Irons:  VR Pro Combo CB (3-PW)

Wedges:  VR Pro (52*,56*)

Putter: Method 004

Ball:  Penta

Hmmm.... nothing comes to mind from the past year or two, however several years ago before I stopped playing for a while I struck a ~310 yard drive with my 3 wood. Nobody really believes me when I tell them that.... Only my father since he was there. Only time in my life that it has ever happened. I had to approximate, but the distance was accurate within 10 yards. My second shot mised the green, but it was pin high and I was close to the 200 yard marker. Given that my hybrid wasn't going to have much more than 230 yards distance tops, and its possible that the 550 yard Par 5 was 530 or so in actuality, 300 - 310 yards is a pretty logical range from that particular Tee (which was marked at 550 at the box).

Nobody believes me when I tell them. Even when I stress the "freak of nature" type of shot that it was and that it only happened one time, still no one thinks it possible. I suppose I don't blame them, but its not like I go out telling people that THAT is how far I hit my 3 wood..... :-p

Driver: :adams: Speedline F11 9.5* loft 3 Wood: :adams: Speedline F12 15* Hybrid: :adams: Idea Super Hybrid 17* - Used in place of my 5 wood Hybrid: :adams: Idea A1 i-wood 21* Irons: :adams: Idea A1 5-PW Wedges: :adams: Watson 52*, 56*, 60* Wedges Putter: :tmade: Rossa Lambeau, Black

I had only been playing about two months when I got my first set of clubs. On the sixth hole of my third round with my new clubs, I went to tee off with my 3 wood. I didn't impact the ground at all, just all ball, and I truly don't remember where the ball went, but the clubhead ended up about 50 feet down the path from the tee box, and I was left holding most of an Aldila shaft. the head didn't pop off, the shaft broke right at the point where it came out of the head. Had to be a weak spot in the shaft or something.

Also, I holed out two of the first four greenside bunker shots I ever played, but have only done it once total in the six years since.

I'm not going left or right of those trees, ok? I'm going over those trees...with a little draw.

.......the most crazy/unbelievable shot I never actually witnessed:

A 150-170yd par 3 plays downhill and it's completely surrounded by trees...

My group had just finished playing the hole when this guy hits his approach to the green in the following group.   We hear cursing, we hear a ball rattling in the trees, and then pandemonium followed.  His entire group went insane.......his tee shot played ricochet rabbit in the woods and was then spit out and into the cup for an ace. We didn't actually see the ball drop, but we didn't need to see it to know exactly what happened........LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

So my almost but not quite unbelievable story is that I was travelling on the train home one night from London when I got talking to a Fijian chap...turns out he coaches for London Wasps.

Then a few weeks later Im out playing golf and eventually end up paring with a chap who was also playing the round by himself. We get talking, find out he is a pro from one of the local clubs and that he is Fijian. I say to him, snap, I met another Fijian just the other day. Turns out that was his brother!

See...told you it was almost unbelievable

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

I have two of these, both of which I'm sure will never happen to me again (although one is good and one not so much).

1.  When I was probably about 18 I thought I was John Daly and my driver swing included a shoulder somewhere in between Daly and Jaime Sadlowski.  Unfortunately, unlike those guys I was just as likely to completely miss as I was to hit it anywhere near my target.  Well one day I'm playing with my dad at a decent course and on hole #2 off the tee I try to swing at about 110% and pull the ball left by at least 30 degrees off my target.  It hits a pine tree about 20 yards away absolutely as dead center as possible (sounded like a gun) came back and drilled me square in the chest just as I was recoiling from my follow through.  If I wasn't rolling on the ground laughing I probably would've been in a bit of pain!

2.  This happened 2 weeks ago.  #14 is about a 400 yard downhill par 4 with a huge hill lining the right side of the fairway and green.  The cart path is also on top of that hill.  2 of my buddies had hit their shots already and since they were in the other cart decided to ride down the path and towards the green as I was lining up for my approach.  Well, I hit my approach and missed it right.  It was headed right at them and I yelled but they didn't hear.  The ball nicked a tree just above them, dropped sdown onto their moving cart, bounced off one of their bags on the back of the cart, rolled down the hill and finally stopped about 2 feet from the hole.  I'm sure there are all kinds of rules that would cause that to be a penalty, but it's definitely the most memorable 3 I've ever had on a par 4

SEX!!!!!   Was on a golf trip in North Carolina and we noticed a golf cart up in the woods. I started up to it and realized what was going on. The girl was on top of her man going to town. They didn't seem to care, he waved at us. We told him to "get in the hole" and off we went. Was probably the most memorable moment of the trip.

Big Daddy Joe

In My Bag

G 20 Irons

Diablo Tour Balls, Lots and Lots of Balls

.......the most crazy/unbelievable shot I never actually witnessed: A 150-170yd par 3 plays downhill and it's completely surrounded by trees... [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/59833/] [/URL] My group had just finished playing the hole when this guy hits his approach to the green in the following group.   We hear cursing, we hear a ball rattling in the trees, and then pandemonium followed.  His entire group went insane.......his tee shot played ricochet rabbit in the woods and was then spit out and into the cup for an ace. We didn't actually see the ball drop, but we didn't need to see it to know exactly what happened........LOL

Looks like a nice par three , pleasing to my eye at least

Cart Bag

Hi Bore  xls Driver

Big Bertha steelhead plus  3 and 5 Woods

Pro Gold 20 and 24 degree Hybrids

MD Superstrong Irons

MD Norman Drew Low Bounce wedges

Putter 

Hmmm.... nothing comes to mind from the past year or two, however several years ago before I stopped playing for a while I struck a ~310 yard drive with my 3 wood. Nobody really believes me when I tell them that.... Only my father since he was there. Only time in my life that it has ever happened. I had to approximate, but the distance was accurate within 10 yards. My second shot mised the green, but it was pin high and I was close to the 200 yard marker. Given that my hybrid wasn't going to have much more than 230 yards distance tops, and its possible that the 550 yard Par 5 was 530 or so in actuality, 300 - 310 yards is a pretty logical range from that particular Tee (which was marked at 550 at the box). Nobody believes me when I tell them. Even when I stress the "freak of nature" type of shot that it was and that it only happened one time, still no one thinks it possible. I suppose I don't blame them, but its not like I go out telling people that THAT is how far I hit my 3 wood..... :-p

Cool, but definitely believable.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 4216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!