IGNORED

Beverage Cart Service?

Wemps
Note: This thread is 3564 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

They have the number to the pro shop and the beverage cart on all the golf carts at one of the courses here in NY and it's great. Problem on the course? Call the pro shop. Need a drink? Call the beverage cart. It's a nice setup.

Originally Posted by jimdandy

Why not just call the cart girl? course gives her a phone, course gives you the number?

That's what I was thinking.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

Originally Posted by Putridgasbag

If you need the cart more than a couple of times in a round then maybe you should be sitting at the bar watching golf on the big screen rather than trying to play it.

Dad?

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

I couldn't care less..............

I only drink water when I play and fill up at the many watering holes along the way.  If a player is really that desperate for beer.......they can always call the clubhouse to send the cart girl in their direction.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Well considering at most courses you start near the clubhouse and have a halfway shack/ clubhouse after 9, you really are only talking about having to cover 2 hours between visits to a stationary cart. So if you need more than 1 visit to the cart each nine then you have problems and at most courses I have been to the chances are you will see the cart a couple of times a 9. I can only imagine the problems of running a cart randomly around a course or getting stuck behind a group in which they call for it 5 or 6 times in 9 holes.

Sun Mountain carry bag

Driver: Titleist 910D3*

Woods: Titleist 910F 13*, Alpha 18* Hybrid,

Irons: Titleist 681

Wedges: Vokey TVD 54* and 58*

Putter: Some Odyssey Anser Style.

Balls: Pro V1x,

There are a few courses here that do this via the gps on the cart. Actually it goes beyond that, you can order food from the clubhouse restaurant, contact the pro shop to report issues on the course and some other things. Pretty fancy carts at that course. As soon as you head towards the first hole it fires up a touchscreen menu.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by joekelly

Sorry, wemps. Folks on this forum do not think about beverages nor girls during a round of golf so your app is pointless.

Speak for yourself!

To the OP,

The only issue sometimes with trying to summon a beer girl, or "beverage cart" to be PC, is that they have to drive through the course while trying not to hold up play. They're stopping around greens and tees and waiting for players to hit. Unless they're in your general area, you're still looking at waiting close to 20 minutes depending on the course's length and/or layout.

I could have used this sort of app yesterday afternoon - saw the beer cart girl (woman actually - she was around 30) while driving to the first tee, then didn't see her again until the 9th tee.  Kind of annoying, because I had finished off my Gatorade and was getting thirsty.  I commented that we had not seen her the entire front nine and were wondering if she had gone home, and I think she then swooped by us on every hole from the 10th to the 17th.  First not there at all, then practically hovering over us.

I've seen signs on carts from several courses listing the bar/grill's phone number and one course even has a full menu printed out and attached to the cart for call-ahead orders to pick up at the turn.

In my bag: - Ping G20 driver, 10.5 deg. S flex - Ping G20 3W, 15 deg., S flex - Nickent 4dx 3H, 4H - Nike Slingshot 4-PW - Adams Tom Watson 52 deg. GW - Vokey 58 deg. SW -Ping Half Wack-E putter

Originally Posted by Wisguy

I've seen signs on carts from several courses listing the bar/grill's phone number and one course even has a full menu printed out and attached to the cart for call-ahead orders to pick up at the turn.

Our course has the sign and the parents club has the menu on the 9th. On Sat-Sun they have a grill and several ice trays full of beer, pop and water on the 10th hole. Though at both places you can take as much food/drink out there was you want as long as it was bought and paid for on the premises. They will fill a cart cooler with ice if you ask for one. I'm usually out late in the afternoon so by then the cart service has ended. Concessions are a huge money maker with the $3.50 beer and pop. I don't see the problem. If anything they are around too much where I play.

Originally Posted by Wisguy

I could have used this sort of app yesterday afternoon - saw the beer cart girl (woman actually - she was around 30) while driving to the first tee, then didn't see her again until the 9th tee.  Kind of annoying, because I had finished off my Gatorade and was getting thirsty.  I commented that we had not seen her the entire front nine and were wondering if she had gone home, and I think she then swooped by us on every hole from the 10th to the 17th.  First not there at all, then practically hovering over us.

probably after neglecting the people on the front nine she sells stuff like crazy on the back

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• 1 year later...

Sounds like a solution to a problem that's not really there.  In fact the cart girl comes around so often where I play I actually find it a little annoying.

I like the idea, but I don't see how this could really work too well on most courses.  There is usually only one "road" through the golf course from beginning to end that the girls can follow so she can't get to the next group without passing the last group.  If I buzz her, does she ignore everybody she passes who's frantically waving at her until I get my soda?  That seems like it would be less effecient because she would be driving around all haphazardly. If I ran a golf course, I would tell the cart girl or girls to just do backwards loops and always skip holes 1,2,9,10,11 and 18 as best as they can.  That seems easy enough.

These were my initial thoughts too. Pretty much only one route on a course and even if you called the cart it would still have to pass by (and maybe stop for) other golfers. Plus in my area after about 5-6pm the cart finishes for the day. It's easier to simply plan ahead and bring a cold drink or snack with you.

I use my laser range finder to estimate the time before the cart girl arrives ... :-D I play a lot on a course where most golfers own their cart, and they stock them prior to play ... In fact, there is typically not a beverage cart ...

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

I like the idea, but I don't see how this could really work too well on most courses.  There is usually only one "road" through the golf course from beginning to end that the girls can follow so she can't get to the next group without passing the last group.  If I buzz her, does she ignore everybody she passes who's frantically waving at her until I get my soda?  That seems like it would be less effecient because she would be driving around all haphazardly.

If I ran a golf course, I would tell the cart girl or girls to just do backwards loops and always skip holes 1,2,9,10,11 and 18 as best as they can.  That seems easy enough.

These were my initial thoughts too. Pretty much only one route on a course and even if you called the cart it would still have to pass by (and maybe stop for) other golfers. Plus in my area after about 5-6pm the cart finishes for the day. It's easier to simply plan ahead and bring a cold drink or snack with you.

Yeah... seems like that could be a problem if everyone had it.  The beverage cart attendant would get whiplash from spinning u-turns. :loco:

Courses are going to coolers here. When the bev cart stops you buy several drinks and they top off your ice.

Hmmm - not any of the courses I play in Colorado.  I haven't observed any change in the beverage services.  I use the cart service more often for a candy or granola bar, since I mostly drink free water while I'm playing.  If I do more than that I might buy a diet Pepsi.  A whole cooler would be excessive for most of the folks I play with.  Even the entire foursome wouldn't use up a full six-pack cooler.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Hmmm - not any of the courses I play in Colorado.  I haven't observed any change in the beverage services.  I use the cart service more often for a candy or granola bar, since I mostly drink free water while I'm playing.  If I do more than that I might buy a diet Pepsi.  A whole cooler would be excessive for most of the folks I play with.  Even the entire foursome wouldn't use up a full six-pack cooler.

You will probably see coolers if you play in the metro area when you get back. It's pretty slick really. The cooler is mounted on the side of the cart opposite the ball washer. The two courses I play most use them differently. At one they keep them behind the bar and offer it if you buy drinks before you start. If you need ice or more drinks at the turn you bring it in. The other keeps the coolers on the carts but you can take it into the bar and fill it with whatever. Out here, Brighton, Ft Lupton, Erie etc.  the bev carts only run during peak hours and weekends. If you play twilight they are put up for the day. But there is a catch and I spend and drink more than I should. A six pack of beer is the same price as 4 if you buy them one at a time. A sixer of 16 oz Coors is just a few bucks more than you can buy it at the store.

Colorado National had on course food and beverage service that could be ordered via the GPS for a while. They ran different carts for that, just regular carts that wouldn't be mistaken for the bev cart. They employed a few kids that ran back and forth. Because they geo fence the carts there they know exactly where your cart is, well exact to about 40 yards anyway. The GPS courses use in carts is similar to the GPS we use to track vehicles we have a secured interest in. If you ping it you get real time direction and mph. Because of the fly overs, POP clocks and messages that are displayed I am certain the carts send alerts and communicate with the host as they pass certain points along the way. We get the grill advertisement when we get to 8 tee. It's handy for calling in and getting them to prep our bar/restaurant order, no snack bar at Todd Creek just full service restaurant. They will fill a bag with ice and whatever you want to grab on the way to 10 tee. I just leave my credit card at the bar and close my tab when I leave.

Note: This thread is 3564 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!