IGNORED

My Swing (JE355804)

JE355804
Note: This thread is 4223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Ok so I just got a lesson at Golftec... It was good to be able to see my swing in ultra slow motion.

Conclusions:

Back swing was pretty good. Hip turn and shoulder turn back were both good. I'd like to get my hands a little higher.

Downswing... turn for both my shoulders and hips was NOT enough. My hand lag is good right until the club gets to my back leg and then it release just a hair too quickly.

My question is do you guys know of any solid drills for improving shoulder turn on the down swing with increased lag of the hands?

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Your tempo looks solid.  Can you get some Caddy Views posted of the changes you've been working on?  Also, what are your misses?  What's your current stock shot?

Well to be honest, I have only been swinging in the house for the last 2 weeks trying to improve my swing. I was able to get out yesterday, although I only played four holes (I was teaching my wife how to golf so we were going slow.)

My miss prior to the changes was a weak right shot, due to sliding and other issues. So I made all the changes you guys recommended. Along with some drills to improve (increase) my hand lag.

Got out to the course and I was really drilling my short irons pretty much dead straight.

Driver was all over the place, which I attribute to not having swung a driver for about 2 weeks.

At the end of the day, I'm trying to get down to scratch from about a 7-8 handicap that I'm at now... so I'm working to master the 150 yard and in game. Looking to make any improvements necessary.

I'll add those caddy views tomorrow hopefully.

Note: This thread is 4223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!