IGNORED

Johnny Miller to Coach Tiger?

showtime583
Note: This thread is 4235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This guy is just insufferable......

"According to the October issue of Golf Magazine , Tiger Woods once asked Johnny Miller to be his coach.

"Not many people know this, but when Tiger had been on TOUR for two or three years, his people called and asked if I would give him lessons on short irons," Miller said in the magazine. "Jack Nicklaus told him I was the best short iron player ever — a pretty great compliment."

Miller added that he declined because of his commitment to NBC as an announcer and a desire to spend time with his children and grandchildren.

However, if given the opportunity now, Miller said he would be interested.

"He’s the guy I’d like to help most," Miller said in the story. "I’ve been watching him since he was in junior golf. I know all the swings he’s had. I think I could help him get back to his natural swing, not the swing someone else wants him to make. I’m open to helping him."

Enough already Johnny!!!!

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

• Administrator

Uhm, no.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Doubt they spent much time together. Tiger would have won the 2007 U.S. Open a Oakmont by like 10 shots.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Chris diMarco said this morning on Morning Drive that he thinks that Johnny is "misremembering" the whole thing.  He doesn't believe that Tiger's people ever asked him for any help at all.

Miller's a tremendous player but not a good enough instructor to coach Tiger, here's a good reason why

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I don't know about the Tiger thing but Johnny Miller was one of the best if not the best iron player in modern times.  I think his final round of 63 in the "73" US Open record still stands (I tried to confirm this is still the final round record for the US Open but couldn't find it).   Whether Johnny is a teacher or not I don't know but I enjoy his commentary.

Butch

Originally Posted by mvmac

Miller's a tremendous player but not a good enough instructor to coach Tiger, here's a good reason why

He dialed in the fade - when it was on the face. LOL  MVMAC... Teach me how to do this - please!

Looks like Tiger is playing some pro-combos or something there.  Thats news to me.

Just the 2-iron (and the 3-iron at a few events, I believe).

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Beachcomber

He dialed in the fade - when it was on the face. LOL  MVMAC... Teach me how to do this - please!

Should have come to the school!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Should have come to the school!

Haha, Beach!  I am going to be able to school you every time out once I learn to start controlling the ball while it's on the face!  Your loss!

That's Key #6- defy physics

Originally Posted by jamo

Just the 2-iron (and the 3-iron at a few events, I believe).

Yep, he's getting old ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Note: This thread is 4235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!