IGNORED

Best Mid Price Ball?

Note: This thread is 4278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Best Mid Price Ball?

• Callaway Big Bertha
    • Titleist NXT
    • Titleist NXT Tour
    • Titleist DT/SoLo
    • Srixon Soft Feel
    • Srixon AD333
    • Pinnacle Exception
    • Nike Juice 312
    • Nike Ignite
    • Maxfli Fire
    • Maxfli Red Max

Best mid price ball?

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood
Callaway X Hybrid (24*)TaylorMade r7 Irons (5-PW)Mizuno MP-R Series Wedges (52,58 degrees)Ping G2 Anser Putter

Bridgestone e6 gets my vote...
Driver: Bridgestone J33R 460 10.5*
3 Wood: Sonartec NP-99 14*
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black 19*
Irons: Mizuno MP-58 4-PWWedges: Nike SV 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: Scotty CameronBall: Srixon Z Star

Just ordered 2 dozen NXT Tours from Tincup (Eric). They seem the best for me. Not too much spin but still the feel of a better ball.

Good luck,
Ryan
ogio.gif Vision SS Bag:
cleveland.gif Launcher DST 10.5*  taylormade.gif R9 16.5* 4W
taylormade.gif Rescue Dual 19*  taylormade.gif Burner 2.0 4-PW
vokey.gif 250.08, Spin Milled 54.10, and 58.08
yesgolf.gif Callie  bridgestone.gif B330

I voted that that the NXT Tour as the best mid-priced ball, but it really boils down to what you are looking to get out of your ball.

If you want distance, I would go with the HX Hot. If you want feel and spin, the NXT Tour is the ball. If you want a less expensive two-piece that combines distance and spin, the Big Bertha and Srixon AD333 are good options. I am still losing a lot of balls when I play, so I have been using the Big Bertha (can get logo overruns at Golfsmith for $15 a dozen). It goes a long way and has decent feel.

Driver: Launcher, 10.5°
Fairway: Big Bertha 2007, 15° & 18°
Hybrid: Rapture, 21° & 24°
Irons: Big Bertha 2006, 5 - PW
Wedges: Vokey, 52° & 56°Putter: White Hot XG, Rossie Ball: HX HotI'm not saying my golf game went bad, but if I grew tomatoes, they'd come up sliced. ~ Lee Trevino

I voted NXT tour but I am looking forward to trying the Maxfli Fire. I have heard good things about it. Has anyone else tried it?
Drive for show, putt for dough

PutterKarsten Anser2
WedgesX-Forged 52* 58*IronsX-20 tours P-3HybridX 21 stiff4-wood R9 17 mitsubishi rayon fubuki StiffDriver R9 11.5 mitsubishi rayon fubuki Stiff

Haven't tried that one but must admit I'm a bit curious to see what its like. They are running a big TV campaign with John Daly featuring these in the UK at the moment. No doubt they'll shift a few boxes.

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood
Callaway X Hybrid (24*)TaylorMade r7 Irons (5-PW)Mizuno MP-R Series Wedges (52,58 degrees)Ping G2 Anser Putter

In my entire life, I've had about 4 dozen Srixon Soft Feel. Out of htat list, I must say they were awesome. I got a ton of check on chip shots and pitch shots, and it came off the driver/woods pretty well. I really like that golf ball - HOWEVER, It's hard to find them anywhere around me. I noticed Golfsmith and Dicks and Sports Authority doesn't even carry them...their's "Jeff's Golf Shop" about 40 minutes from me but that's a hike everytime I want golf balls, you know?

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

In my entire life, I've had about 4 dozen Srixon Soft Feel. Out of htat list, I must say they were awesome. I got a ton of check on chip shots and pitch shots, and it came off the driver/woods pretty well. I really like that golf ball - HOWEVER, It's hard to find them anywhere around me. I noticed Golfsmith and Dicks and Sports Authority doesn't even carry them...their's "Jeff's Golf Shop" about 40 minutes from me but that's a hike everytime I want golf balls, you know?

yeah, I was using that ball today. I lost 3 of them [2 in the same lake], but it was a great ball.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5*
3W: r7 Draw 15*
2H: Slingshot Hybrid 17*
7W: Launcher Sport 22*
Irons: Launcher 5-PWGW: X-Tour 50*SW: SV Tour 56*Putter: Sabertooth 34"Ball: TaylorMade TP LD Red

Quoting 2007 Hot List: It's nicknamed the Pro-V1 lite for a reason. Save yourself a buck fifty and see if you miss it's older brother.

totally believe it. just a good ball that im not to worried about losing

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

where is the Bridgestone E6????
it's better than the NXT Tour (feels softer and seems just as long)

In My Bag

Taylormade Burner 09 TP 9.5 Fujikura REAX 65 S
Cleveland Launcher 2009 15 UST V2 75 S
Cleveland Launcher Steel 19 UST V2 75 STitleist 585 H 21 Aldila VS Proto STaylormade R7 TP 4-PW DG S300 StiffTaylormade TP Satin 54 and 58Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2Taylormade TP...

where is the Bridgestone E6????

For sure, BRIDGESTONE balls kick butt, i would recommend the e6 & e5 to anyone who was looking for a mid price range ball.

Have you considered a Top-Flite D2, i thought they would be crap but i played one today, i shot in the same range that i always do, plus there cheap.
In my black carry bag
Driver- 909 D2 10.5* 76g Stiff UST Proforce V2
3-Wood 909 F3 14.5* 82g Stiff UST Proforce V2
Hybrid- 585-H 19* 85g Stiff Flex Adilla Proto
Irons- Z-B Forged 3iron-PW Project X 6.0Gap Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 52|8Sand Wedge- Vokey Spin Milled 56|10Putter- Scotty Cameron...

I voted for the NXT Tour because I do believe it's the best all around ball in this category. However, I'd say the Callaway HX Hot (not on the list), Srixon Soft Feel, Regular NXT, and Bridgestone e6 (not on list) are right there too.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I play the Srixon soft feel and the Noodle long and soft. I usually grab a ball out of the bag at random and rarely can tell the difference. The Noodle feels a little hotter of the tee, the Srixon feels a little softer of the wedge, but the differences are barely noticeable.
In my bag:
The failed hopes and dreams of 25 years of golf (on DG S300 shafts with Lamkin Crossline midsize grips)

• Administrator
Quoting 2007 Hot List:

Uh, what is? What ball are you talking about?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just got a dozen srixon soft feel. I am set with balls, but I lost my towel so I was going to get a new one, and there was a deal where if you buy a dozen of any srixon ball, you got a tour srixon towel free, so I got a towel and a dozen srixon soft feel for $20. I can't wait to try them out.

In The Bag...

Driver: SQ Sumo 10.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto
3 Wood: Burner
Hybrid: SQ 18*Irons(3-PW): 755 w/ Dynamic Gold S30052.08*: Vokey Oil Can56.14*: Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Newport 2Ball: pro v1xShoes: Footjoy Athletics

Uh, what is? What ball are you talking about?

I'm pretty sure that he's alluding to the Titleist NXT-Tour's. Those are the best balls on the list that I've played, but they're most definitely a step below any tour ball in spin and feel.

Driver: 905R 9.5° (Titleist Speeder by Fujikura - S)
3-Wood: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce v2 - S)
5-Wood: 909F3 18° (Matrix Ozick - S)
Irons: Amp Irons 4-PW (True Temper Dynalite 90 - S)
Wedges:   Oil Can 248.06, 254.10, 260.04
Putter: White Hot XG #5

I would like to try those Bridgestones, I really liked the 330 model but seeing how those run nearly as much as the Pro V1 that is for another conversation.

I voted NXT Tour, as a pervious poster mentioned, they're nicknamed Pro V1 lite for a reason. I just picked up another doz today as a matter of fact. They're on sale at Austads for $21.99 ( www.austads.com ) $5.99 shipping if you don't have access to an Austads store. Still total of under $30 for a great ball.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

it's on sale $19.99 at my local golf store.....they said that the new NXT tours are going to be out shortly....

In My Bag

Taylormade Burner 09 TP 9.5 Fujikura REAX 65 S
Cleveland Launcher 2009 15 UST V2 75 S
Cleveland Launcher Steel 19 UST V2 75 STitleist 585 H 21 Aldila VS Proto STaylormade R7 TP 4-PW DG S300 StiffTaylormade TP Satin 54 and 58Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2Taylormade TP...

Note: This thread is 4278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!