IGNORED

Best Mid Price Ball?

Note: This thread is 4284 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Best Mid Price Ball?

• Callaway Big Bertha
    • Titleist NXT
    • Titleist NXT Tour
    • Titleist DT/SoLo
    • Srixon Soft Feel
    • Srixon AD333
    • Pinnacle Exception
    • Nike Juice 312
    • Nike Ignite
    • Maxfli Fire
    • Maxfli Red Max

On the basis of this advice I decided to buy a box of NXT Tours. I haven't noticed much of a difference in length between them and the Callaway Warbirds I have been using but around the greens the difference is phenomenal. I'm a 29 handicap and I shot 25-over today, not bad for £18.

--------------------------------------------
In the Bag ()

Driver: MX-560 9.5* S
Woods: SQ2 15*Irons: VR-Forged CB 4-PWWedges: Vokey SM 54.08 X-Forged PM 60*Putter: White Steel RossieBall: Z-URS

My favorite ball that is cheap is the Maxfli Revolution Solid. You can pick up 2 dozen balls for $20. This ball feels good and is very usable around the green. You won't get as much spin as say a Pro V1 but it still spins fairly good.

I shoot in the Low 80 occasionally in the 70's. I have been playing this ball for a few year and like it a lot. I still once in a while buy Pro V1s but I still find it hard to justify the price.

Driver : SQ Sumo 5000 9.5˚ VS 65 proto
3 Wood : V steel
Irons : MP-32 3-PW
Wedges : R-series 56˚ & 60˚
Putter : Tri-Force 2Ball : Pro V1x

I shoot in the Low 80 occasionally in the 70's.

Unless you're playing courses that rank one notch above Mack & John's Putt-Putt Haven, sounds like it's time to update that 12 handicap

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

As my signature shows I have been playing E-5s for several months. I have never played a 2 piece ball I could spin before. It spins suprising well on chips and pitches. I wouldn't recommend it to a high ball hitter, try the E-6. But for the golfer who relys on their short game, wants to work the ball a little and doesn't want to sacrfice much distance, I am about 3-5 yards shorter with a driver due to less roll, it really is the best ball I have found for my game.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

I use to only hit the Titleist pro v, a friend of mine who is a PGA member suggested I try the: Top Flight DD2 feel, wow was i impressed. The DD2 had very good fell and realy seem to grab the greens. I have to say ive prob lost about 4 yards off my clubs, but gladly for the feel with my wedges, short irons and putter. Wow the feel in my putter was amazing. For the Price difference i have to admit I bought 3 boxes. There harder DD2 i didnt not have the same result, so if like a lot of fell I have to recomend the TOP FLIGHT DD2 fell. Cant say i found any great differences in ball flight like the dimple in dimple technology claims. But I was sold on the feel.

I use to only hit the Titleist pro v, a friend of mine who is a PGA member suggested I try the: Top Flight DD2 feel, wow was i impressed. The DD2 had very good fell and realy seem to grab the greens. I have to say ive prob lost about 4 yards off my clubs, but gladly for the feel with my wedges, short irons and putter. Wow the feel in my putter was amazing. For the Price difference i have to admit I bought 3 boxes. There harder DD2 i didnt not have the same result, so if like a lot of fell I have to recomend the TOP FLIGHT DD2 fell. Cant say i found any great differences in ball flight like the dimple in dimple technology claims. But I was sold on the feel.

I agree, my Wife bought me a box of the D2 Distance for Fathers Day from the kids and I've enjoyed them alot....imo I won't get anything other then the TF now, for cost reasons and useability reasons too....

Everyone is saying good things about the D2!
I cant wait to try one now, they are supposedly very good for the money.

In the Wilson Stand Bag

Driver:........Ping........G5 Reg shaft
3 Wood:......Mitsushiba.........M575-15°

Irons:.........Taylormade RocketBallz......3 Hybrid - PW..Stiff Shafts

Wedges:....Cleveland CG16 56 & 60

Bridgestone e6

I haven't looked back since i bought my first sleeve.

Second to that would be the DT/Solo for me. Since i'm not at the level to really notice a huge difference, i just go by what feels the best to me when i hit the ball. I hate balls that feel like rocks.
R7 Superquad 10.5* REAX regular flex shaft
FT 5 wood
675XC forged irons 3-PW, True Temper DG SL stiff(S300) shafts
55* BeCu sandwedge
e6+ balls or ProV1
Cougar X-cat putter (odyssey 2-ball rip-off)

Everyone is saying good things about the D2!

I'll officially vouch for them, been using them solely since Fathers Days and even bought 2 more boxes ($15.99 for 15) at Wal-Mart just to have around....great price, great ball imho, not downing any of the others though.

How important is your swing speed to the ball selection? My swing isn't very fast, although I don't know the exact speed as I havn't ever used a launch monitor. I usually hit my 9 iron around 95 yards. I know some people use the 5 or 6 iron distance as an indicator, but unfortunately my iron distance seems to max out at my 7 iron, which goes around 115 yards. After that, my 6, 5 and 4 are about the same ~120 yards (assuming I can even hit them). I hit around 150-160 yards with my 5 wood (and the same with my Driver).

Obviously I would get no benefit from the high performance balls, but in the value/distance ball category I was thinking of trying the Bridgestone E6 or the Srixon AD333, but then I read somewhere the AD333 was designed for players with swing speeds over 80 mph (which I don't think I am). What happens if I hit a ball like that at only 70 mph? Maybe I would be better off with something like the D2 Feel or the Callaway Warbird or Big Bertha balls ?

In my Bag: (Sun Mountain C-130 '07)

Driver: X460 11°
5W: Big Bertha Ti '05
4h: Fusion FT 23°5i-GW: Big Bertha '04SW: CG11 56° Putter: G5i Anser

for sure the e6

In the OGIO OZONE Bag
Driver: SuperQuad 9.5
3 Wood- V steel 15 ALDILA NV s
Irons- Hogan Apex FTX
Wedges- CG14 52 56Putter- Odyssey XG model #9Ball- Pro v 1 xShoes- Adidas Tour Metal

• 2 weeks later...
I voted NXT tour but I am looking forward to trying the Maxfli Fire. I have heard good things about it. Has anyone else tried it?

I just bought a dozen yesterday. So far I like them. I had been using Callaway Hot HX. I think the Fire go farther and have better spin.

Have you continued using the Fire?

A decent strategy but this game is expensive enough and to be honest at this stage in your game you wont be able to notice a difference in any of the balls. I would stick with a cheaper ball for now until you start to play better. Spend your money on the driving range or greens fees for now.

I'm a high handicapper. I've gotten to the point where at least half my shots on the golf course are "pretty good." I have fewer and fewer topped shots or balls that go careening off course. In every round I have a few shots that much better golfers are impressed by. In a scramble we're starting to use more and more of my shots.

All that being said, I still buy the $6.96 per dozen recycled balls at Wally World. Most of the time I couldn't tell you what label is on them. I suppose someday the ball will matter to me but at this point it doesn't. When I manage to hit a great shot, I'm pretty sure it's not the ball. When I flub one, I don't blame the ball. Somehow, I don't think the ball is the issue at this point.

• 4 years later...

The e6. No question for me. I look for accuracy off the tee and feel off the irons. My short game is substantially easier to handle if the ball is finding the green consistently.

|   Callaway Diablo Octane Driver (9.5*, graphite, stiff)   |  

|   Callaway Diablo Octane Tour Fairway Wood (15*, graphite, stiff)   |

|   Cobra Baffler T-Rail Hybrid (19*, graphite, stiff)   |

|   Callaway Razr X HL 4-PW (steel, stiff)   |

|   Callaway X-Series Jaws Chrome Wedges (54.12, 58.8, steel, stiff) |

|   Vulcan Putter   |

|   Callaway Diablo HX Diablo, Bridgestone E6 Balls |

Note: This thread is 4284 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!