IGNORED

Sunglasses?

Note: This thread is 4220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wondering what everyone is doing for sunglasses.  Normally I don't play with anything because I've found for sports/activity I can sometimes get a little bit of pressure headache at my temples from glasses.  (I'm a tennis player and can't comfortably wear them for tennis.)  But I played yesterday morning and it was SO bright out there.  I really was wishing I had a good pair.  What is everyone else wearing?  Do folks have special pair just for golf or do they just wear their regular everyday shades?

I have a pair of Oakley Gascans that I wear everyday. I wear them to the course and the 1st tee, but they get too hot and don't breathe well. I may put them on if we are teeing off into the sun, but other than that they are off. I'd like to find a pair of sport specific ones though.

I had the same gascar shades. But, I had no issues until I lost them. All I have now is Aviators, but they are too light and do not stay on my face. I need to find something new.

In my bag:

Nike Mach Speed Black

Nike Dymo 3 wood

TaylorMade Burner 3 hybrid

Mizuno MP-53 PW-3

TaylorMade RAC 52, 56, 60

Odyssey Black Series Tour Design

I have a pair of Oakley M Frame with golf specific lens (can't remember which one).  I only use them for golf, they are in a case in my golf bag, that way I always have them.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I think I need a pair of the tighter fit shades. I have aviators and they are just not good for golfing. Unsure if I'll actually be able to make solid contact and focus though.. while wearing them.

What's In My  Stand Bag

Driver:  FT-iZ 9*

Hybrids: C3 3,4,5

Irons: C3 6-GW

Wedges: C3 58*/8 and 54*/12

Putter:  blade

Ball: Gamer V2

http://cdn.thesandtrap.com/0/0d/150x50px-LL-0d81d772_tst_award_kickstarter_otm.png

I have a pair of Oakley Flak Jackets with the Black Iridium lenses. Best sunglasses I've ever had, bar none. The lenses actually cracked just sitting in my car a few months ago, but Oakley's customer support was great and replaced the whole glasses nice and quickly. The frames are pretty durable, and if the lenses ever get scratched they're very easily replaceable.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Though I like Oakleys, they are too expensive for the use/abuse/loss that I get from them - so I've switched to Suncloud optics from REI (and other select retailers).

Players play, tough players win!

I tried out maxx sunglasses this year.  I got a pair for golf and a pair for driving.  Very inexpensive and they are very nice to look through.  They claim to have some sort of HD lens technology.  I don't know about that but lookng through them is amazing when playing.  They do seem block out the sun well and make your vison more clear without being too dark.   The only thing that I have heard some people say is that they are not dark enough.  I like them though and you can wear them when it is slightly overcast as well and it seems to help.   They are about $20 a pair as well and a lot of pro shops are starting to carry them.

http://www.maxxsunglasses.com/index.php/lens

http://www.maxxsunglasses.com/index.php/sunglasses/golf.html

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

I have a pair of Oakley Flak Jackets with the Black Iridium lenses. Best sunglasses I've ever had, bar none. The lenses actually cracked just sitting in my car a few months ago, but Oakley's customer support was great and replaced the whole glasses nice and quickly. The frames are pretty durable, and if the lenses ever get scratched they're very easily replaceable.

+1 I was never able to play in sunglasses until I got my flak jackets. You don't even know they're there and they stay put, even if you sweat a lot. I only use them for golf (G 30 lenses) so they stay in my bag. Outstanding glasses. Worth every penny.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I own many pair of sunglasses. I've owned and own many Oakley shades, but the glasses I wear most for golf are MaxxHD. The lenses are great and they're easy on the wallet.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Originally Posted by David in FL

+1

I was never able to play in sunglasses until I got my flak jackets. You don't even know they're there and they stay put, even if you sweat a lot.

I only use them for golf (G 30 lenses) so they stay in my bag. Outstanding glasses. Worth every penny.

+2

i got them with the XLJ lenses so they're a little taller lens-wise than the regular, but i got them with the pink G30 lenses and they're great. they don't weigh anything and i forget i'm wearing them after a few holes.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

I own many pair of sunglasses. I've owned and own many Oakley shades, but the glasses I wear most for golf are MaxxHD. The lenses are great and they're easy on the wallet.

I've got a few friends who have those and like them. If I had a reason to own two pairs of sunglasses, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to drop $20 on a pair of those.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

+++ for the Oakley Flak Jacket but I also just bought a pair of Tifosi Slope with Fototec (photocromatic) lenses that I really like and with the changing lenses it's the same in the shade of the sun. Not nearly as expensive as Oakley and they have several models with lenses made for golf.

http://www.tifosioptics.com/products/results/search&sport;=Golf%7cTennis/

I have light sensitive eyes and so generally struggle a bit - I was recently given a pair of Polaroid's and (rather sceptically) tried them out, now I swear by them and probably wouldn't give them up any time soon.

Ive got a cheap pair of wraparound sunglasses that I bought at Target for $20.  Nothing special, nothing expensive but they filter out the UV rays and help to protect my eyes from the sun.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I don't think you can go wrong with the SUNDOG glasses.  you can always find good deal on them especially the Hunter Mahan Signature Edition since he is no longer with Sundog.  I got mine for $20 and the MELA - LENS ™ are Amazing!!   Best Sunglasses I have owned for use during golf.

Note: This thread is 4220 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!