IGNORED

Mizuno JPX-825, JPX-800

Matchupo
Note: This thread is 3561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Mizuno JPX-825 or JPX-800… which ones are better?? Took me 3 months this summer to decide of my new iron set. I was finally ready to buy the 800 but then the 825 came out; Are they better? Having lost all that time and being really ready for new irons, I sincerely don’t mind the 100$ difference between the 825 and 800, just want to buy the best out of these two iron sets.

Thanks for your feedbacks!

IMO, the feel of the 825s is a bit better than the 800s but youre not talking a huge difference.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

FWIW I bought a 'slightly used' set of the 800s from a guy who claimed he loved them.  He was selling his to make room for the 825s - go figure.  I've enjoyed the 800s and recommend them.  I swung a demo 825 and thought that they looked markedly cooler too, but didn't notice any difference from using in a bay for 15 minutes.

This didn't help you out at all did it

switching from right to lefty so: 

tinkering with a plethora of equipment and brands; I now feel like its all about mechanics and less equipment- stay tuned

i got the 800s from 2nd swing for $499 used and then i traded in some clubs to get it even lower. the non-forged used clubs don't really look too used unless they've been abused, so it wasn't a big deal not to get them new.

personally i don't think the 825s look better than the 800s, but that's personal opinion. either way i'm sure the 825s perform just as good, if not better, than the 800s and i hit 7 different sets of irons before deciding that the 800s felt the best by far.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

I can't speak to the 800's, but I just bought a set of the 825's.  I had them customized to fit me and I can say they are some amazing clubs.  By far the best set of irons I have ever hit and I have hit darned near all of them.  I also have a set of MP-58's  which is a forged club and to me the 825's have a better feel.  I don't think anyone could go wrong with a set.

• 4 weeks later...

That is exactly where I stand as well having the MX 23's and ready for the JPX 825 Pros's!!!!  Really interested in how they will differ...the Mizuno rep stated that I would really notice the difference of the square groves, playability & distance of the 825's ?  They also seemed exceptionally lighter than my MX 23's with Dynalite R300 shafts which would take some getting use to I would imagine?

Any thoughts appreciated,

ScatCat

For you guys who have older Mizzys, you will notice a big difference simply because shaft technology has come such a long way, the clubs are lighter, the shafts are longer and the lofts are stronger.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• 7 months later...

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

• 5 months later...
LATE ?!?!    I took it up at 46.    No telling how good I could have been if I started early when I had a good back & knees.    Could be worse, I was talking to the starter a few rounds ago & he started when he retired at 65 ...

Wow I don't feel so old now lol. Hopefully when I get to 46 I will be a pro and able to become a teacher of the worlds most amazing sport *thumbs up*

Oh off topic but how are you getting on with the JPX 825's? I am getting either those of the JPX EZ after xmas.

Wow I don't feel so old now lol. Hopefully when I get to 46 I will be a pro and able to become a teacher of the worlds most amazing sport *thumbs up*

Oh off topic but how are you getting on with the JPX 825's? I am getting either those of the JPX EZ after xmas.

I like the JPX825's alot.    Pretty forgiving & as long as most anything I've played recently.     They do sound better than most GI clubs though for some reason - not quite the same crack as a purely struck forged club, but surprisingly close.     I've seen some great online deals on JPX800's out there now for $399 (budgetgolf.com) - I would have went that route if they were available at basically half what I paid for the JPX825's.

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like the JPX825's alot.    Pretty forgiving & as long as most anything I've played recently.     They do sound better than most GI clubs though for some reason - not quite the same crack as a purely struck forged club, but surprisingly close.     I've seen some great online deals on JPX800's out there now for $399 (budgetgolf.com) - I would have went that route if they were available at basically half what I paid for the JPX825's.

Have you tried the 800s? I was going to get these because they are really cheap on ebay but the golf shop near me doesn't do a custom fit on that club. They only do 825 and EZ. Are the 825's forged or cast? I would prefer Forged because its what I am using now but i'm gonna give both a wack when I have the money. Nothing worse than falling in love with a club and not being able to buy it.

You'll find shops wont do custom fitting on anything that is not current year models.    Even if they have left over inventory, they won't do custom fitting on sale/discount clubs - I think it is actually manufacturer driven, the pro shops have to play by their rules.     The 825's are cast, not forged.   I hit the 800's - only in a simulator though - felt pretty good - probably couldn't tell the difference between them and the 800's in a blind taste test.

Aren't the 800 muscle back and the 825 cavity?

Aren't the 800 muscle back and the 825 cavity?

The JPX-800's are the game improvement version a year older than the JPX-825's - both cavity backs

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

• Administrator

@Klarkus , @inthehole - Your discussion was OT in the other thread so I merged the posts here.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 7 months later...

I just got a set of the 825's and have played a couple of rounds with them. I am a leftie and play to a 12-14 most days. These are the most accurate irons I have ever played. My most recent set was a set of 712 AP2's. The Mizunos out play them completely....from full shot to short shots around the greens. I have the  4-GW with the TT Dynalite R300 shafts. The feel of these clubs is amazing. I have played all type of blades for years and didn't want to give up the feedback from the irons. I did not have to with the Mizunos. Every shot I have hit with them has gone straight at the flag. Distance seems to be about the same as the AP'2 but I expect my distance to come up a bit as I get more used to the Mizunos. Buy these and you won't be disappointed in the results you get from these irons.

Note: This thread is 3561 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!