IGNORED

Would Snedeker Trade FEC for Green Jacket?

lville lefty
Note: This thread is 4195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Would Snedeker Trade the Fed Ex Cup for a Green Jacket?

• Yes
    • No

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Yes - he has plenty of money.

But a green jacket is priceless ... and it brings in money.

That's what Im' thinking. Plus lifetime entry to the Masters

Callaway RazrFit Extreme 9.5 w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XHot Pro 15* 3Wood w/Project X 6.5
Callaway XTour 18* 2h w/S300
Callaway XHot Pro 4/5 irons w/S300
Callaway XForged III 5-PW irons w/S300
Callaway Forged 52*/58* Wedges
Odyssey 7 Versa 90
Callaway Hex Black Tour

I disagree, the tradition, media attention and pressure of playing in a Major far exceeds regular tournaments.  Most large tournaments feature the majority of the Top 100 OWGR but the overall setting and course setup for a major makes them quite different from a regular tournament.

Originally Posted by ThominOH

Majors are over-rated anymore..  In my opinion..  There are plenty of regular tournaments that have world class fields almost equal to that of a major.. Just as in the past there were many of tourney's that were considered of major quality by the players, but as golf history evolved, they were forgotten and ignored..  So sad.. In fact, Masters is a very over hyped weak field for a major.. It has approx 100 players invited, where 10 or more of the invited players are OLD past winners that have virtually no chance of winning, leaving only about 80-85 player field.. In the same breath we have players like Ernie Els that are not invited, and we all saw what happen this year..  The US Open and British Open are true majors with huge strong fields.. Now with the Fed Ex cup, some of the final four tourneys actually have a stronger field then the Masters..

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Several folks here are saying that winning the major will "bring in lots of additional money."  I'll agree that is true, but how much?  How much does winning one major net a golfer in additional endorsements and appearance fees?  I don't know, but I'm guessing it's nowhere near $10 million.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

I would think the endorsement deals would be dependant on the popularity of golfer that won the major and demographics they would appeal to.

Originally Posted by k-troop

Several folks here are saying that winning the major will "bring in lots of additional money."  I'll agree that is true, but how much?  How much does winning one major net a golfer in additional endorsements and appearance fees?  I don't know, but I'm guessing it's nowhere near $10 million.

Joe Paradiso

• Administrator

If he's not a complete freaking moron he would, yes.

I have no idea what 33% (currently) of voters are thinking.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

If he's not a complete freaking moron he would, yes.

I have no idea what 33% (currently) of voters are thinking.

Some of us 33%-ers explained our answers up above so it'll give you an idea what some of us were thinking.

By the way, welcome back!

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Some of us 33%-ers explained our answers up above so it'll give you an idea what some of us were thinking.

By the way, welcome back!

Yes, this has been hashed out and explained already...the question this week is whether he would trade the Fed Ex Cup for winning his singles match and the Ryder Cup?

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Originally Posted by MEfree

Yes, this has been hashed out and explained already...the question this week is whether he would trade the Fed Ex Cup for winning his singles match and the Ryder Cup?

Umm, no.  RC is important, but it's not that important.

As for the "unless he's a freaking moron..." comment, the choice doesn't seem that clear to me.  TC+FEC win got him $11.4 million.  A green jacket was worth $1.4 million this year, plus some vague and unspecified "bonus" in endorsements and appearance fees, and "legacy".   His payday nearly equaled his total career earnings to date at that point.  At that point in his career, or at that point in another similarly situated golfer's career, it doesn't seem that clear of a choice.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by k-troop

Umm, no.  RC is important, but it's not that important.

As for the "unless he's a freaking moron..." comment, the choice doesn't seem that clear to me.  TC+FEC win got him $11.4 million.  A green jacket was worth $1.4 million this year, plus some vague and unspecified "bonus" in endorsements and appearance fees, and "legacy".   His payday nearly equaled his total career earnings to date at that point.  At that point in his career, or at that point in another similarly situated golfer's career, it doesn't seem that clear of a choice.

I think any golfer, at least without a major, would rather select $1.4M plus a major over $11.4M plus FEC+TC.

Originally Posted by MEfree

Interesting question, and a different one. He can always play himself into a green jacket or another FedEx Cup, but that Ryder Cup is gone with the wind.

Bill M

Note: This thread is 4195 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!