IGNORED

2012 Ryder Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Zeph, did the Euro's (Poults & Rose) get up-and-down at 17 for par to win the match?  ESPN3 stopped streaming.

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

[quote name="mvmac" url="/t/62332/2012-ryder-cup-discussion-thread/72#post_772288"] These guys are good These guys are ssssssssllllllloooooooowwwwwww: Could be my work internet connection and the buffering, but these guys are at a trickling pace.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Zeph, did the Euro's (Poults & Rose) get up-and-down at 17 for par to win the match?  ESPN3 stopped streaming.

They certainly did. 2-2

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Horrible round from Tiger.  Some of his drives reminded me of my play at Poppy Hills ..... ugh.

But he's playing again right away in the fourball, my guessing is that he'll recover after a good lunch.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Quote:

It took two holes to ramp up the 39 th Ryder Cup

On the par-3 second, in the foursomes format, Rory McIlroy hit his tee shot right of the green and it landed near a sprinkler head. His European partner, Graeme McDowell, requested relief, but American counterpart Jim Furyk disagreed that the sprinkler head interfered with his swing.

After a 10-minute delay, rules officials agreed with Furyk. McDowell ultimately chipped to 6 feet and McIlroy missed the par putt.  Brandt Snedeker made his par save for the U.S. side, to draw first blood in the matches and go 1 up.

McIlroy evened the match by chipping in for birdie on the par-4 fourth.

Personally I don't see what the problem was.  McDowell is hitting a pitch shot and where the sprinkler head doesn't interfere with the club on the backswing or impact.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Originally Posted by mvmac

Personally I don't see what the problem was.  McDowell is hitting a pitch shot and where the sprinkler head doesn't interfere with the club on the backswing or impact.

Does stance matter?

Regarding Tiger's grouping being slow, I did hear that they were put on the clock at some point.

Some of the players might be remembering the Charl Schwartzel relief

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I must be seeing things.  During the 2nd round of matches, Tiger Woods hit his first tee shot on this short stretch of grass that runs between the left and right sides of rough.

Originally Posted by bplewis24

I must be seeing things.  During the 2nd round of matches, Tiger Woods hit his first tee shot on this short stretch of grass that runs between the left and right sides of rough.

Was it the ladies' tee box?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by mvmac

Yeah, looks to me like the right call was made. Though I can understand wanting to get rid of a possible distraction if the rules allow it... but "mental interference" doesn't count.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I like the European color scheme. Sort of a jade green color going on. No let-up here from Bubba and Webb.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

The Tiger/Stricker vs. Westwood/Colsaerts group is one hole away from being put on the clock .

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

The Tiger/Stricker vs. Westwood/Colsaerts group is one hole away from being put on the clock .

Tiger cares not about the time.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Before saying what I am going to say, please understand that I believe  the USA have the stronger team and in Davis Love 3 you have a gentleman Captain supporting all that is good in golf.

The course has been set up to favour the home team ( understand that ) but to me apart from the length it is resembling a resort course, spray the ball about and you have little chance of finding a difficult lie.

In my opinion the game (Ryder Cup) is being dumbed down. This is not sour grapes, just a sad note.

Note: This thread is 4210 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!