IGNORED

My Swing (Vegas Renegade)

VegasRenegade
Note: This thread is 4042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: over 40 years

My current handicap index or average score is: Have not kept a HC lately stop playiy for about 5  years. Last summer shot about 50 rounds average\ score 97

My typical ball flight is: Hard slice right or hard push left.

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Currently hate everything trying to have a swing that is repeatable instead of my wood chop/  If you look at it you will know where Sir Charles learn his swing.

I am taking lessons from Golf Tec. I am one month in. I hope to have a new swing ready to debut next summer when I retire. I am posting my first swing before my first lesson and my swing after my 4th lesson. Any and all feed back is welcome. I have posted the actual lesson videos on my blog if you would like to comment on what I am working on.

Thanks

Videos:

After my last lesson I felt I was understanding the connected golf swing and weight shift. At yesterdays practice session I could not feel it at all. Was getting no turn swing was all arms once more. Checked for some drill to use and these three that have helped me get that feeling. First drill which has helped a lot. I was losing all freedom in my swing trying to do everything correctly. This drill help be to feel the freedom of the swing. I think I was overcome by paralyses of analyses. This drill allowed me to stop thinking and just swing. When I went to practice today. My numbers on the monitor for half way back were Shoulder turn. 49 degrees and hips 28 degrees. This an improvement from yesterdays numbers of St 20 hip turn 20.

this video is the one that helped

You seem to have one of the same problems I am working on currently.  Going from address to where your clubshaft is parallel to ground, your clubhead is inside your hands.  Then you kind of go straight up to the top of the backswing.  You get your hands really high at the top but somehow you still come over the top a bit and then you have a pretty pronounced flip at the ball.

My golf teacher gave me a drill that helped me and it might help you.  This guy is not my instructor - but it's the same drill.  One difference is my teacher also told me to take it back over the stick, drop my hands straight down to my waist, and then lift up a bit and swing from there.  It really helped me out a lot but it put a small loop in my swing, too.  It was a lot better than what I had, though, and I was able to get rid of it pretty easily once I stopped taking it back under plane.

Be warned - I am not a golf teacher or a particularly good golfer - but that's what I see.  Hope it helps!

• 1 month later...

After 8 weeks getting the back swing down. Starting on the way down yesterday. Hip bump is what I am working on. Here are some photos of my first swing two months ago and yesterday top and starting down. complete lesson is posted on my blog. Let me know what you think.

That is awesome changes in 6 wks.  Can you get into that A4 (top of the backswing) alignment regularly?  If so, your instructor at Golftec has earned his paycheck.

Originally Posted by VegasRenegade

Fell pretty good after today's lesson got to the right arm at last here is photo of my first swing and today 6 weeks latter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Any feed back

Post a video of your new/updated swing.  From what I can see - you cleaned up a lot of the geometries.  The club is more on plane at the top which is a huge improvement.  I'd like to see your transition on video to see if you are able to get the club on plane on the downswing.

The original video... You had a lot of loose ends, and really don't want to comment on it given you have gone through 8wks of changes with Golftec.  From what I can see in the stills, your swing looks much improved.  Good job VegasRenegade.

Also, please comment on what your current misses are (post changes).  How are you hitting the ball?  What is your typical ball flight?

• Administrator

Any feed back

On what specifically? Hip bump is a good thing to work on, yes. Try to feel ground pressures in your feet for awhile, specifically the left foot.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I can now get to the top position pretty well at this time with decent tempo. I have just started to move to down swing.  My total swing still wants to come over the top.  So I do not have another full swing video to post yet.  I am not sure about misses since I am truly not hitting that many balls at this time lots more shadow swings.  Instructor says not to worry about contact yet. But from here on out my down swing should start to improve. The process is very much learn one thing at a time.  Hoping to just get some feed back on new top position and to the point I am at on down swing. Which I have only just started.

Thanks for the comments keep them coming

I can now get to the top position pretty well at this time with decent tempo. I have just started to move to down swing.  My total swing still wants to come over the top.  So I do not have another full swing video to post yet.  I am not sure about misses since I am truly not hitting that many balls at this time lots more shadow swings.  Instructor says not to worry about contact yet. But from here on out my down swing should start to improve. The process is very much learn one thing at a time.  Hoping to just get some feed back on new top position and to the point I am at on down swing. Which I have only just started.

Like I said, your instructor earned his paycheck - if you are actually able to hit those new positions in the swing - with a golf ball.  Anyone can go up put you in position, and then take a still photo.  The real work comes in with doing it yourself, and hitting balls with the swing while hitting those new geometries.

From the stills - things look much better.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Quote:

Like I said, your instructor earned his paycheck - if you are actually able to hit those new positions in the swing - with a golf ball.  Anyone can go up put you in position, and then take a still photo.  The real work comes in with doing it yourself, and hitting balls with the swing while hitting those new geometries.

From the stills - things look much better.

yea I can hit all the positions with  a golf ball that we have worked on so far. But am lost if i try to move past that point. The still for the most part are screen captures from a swing except for the last position that we work on. That is general a slow motion swing   I still struggle with not trying to just hit the dam ball when it is in front of me.. I am trying to think of just swinging through the ball

Well this weeks lesson ended up being about getting me back to the proper top position.  As I starting focusing on the down swing. I lost depth and some turn and my  hand position was off.  I think the big problem was that The move from the top felt easy for  me to do so I practiced more at home with out the feed back of the System.  I am taking next week off for the holiday so two weeks to get it right.

Note: This thread is 4042 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!