IGNORED

Ping Anser vs. Titleist 913 D3

Note: This thread is 4108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So these are 2 of the new models out for 2013 and I am struggling to work out which one is better.  I have traditionally been a Titleist fan but in my research so far thinking that the Ping might be worth a look.  Very interested to hear which one you would go for? or if you have already had experience with one - well the Ping anyway...

I've hit both and currently testing the Anser for review.  Both are really good.  The 913 has more options in terms of adjustability.  The Anser has a similar shape to the G20/913 D2 with the black matte finish and produced lower spin than both those drivers.  In terms of spin, the Anser is between the G20 and i20.  D3 has a more compact head, very similar to the 910 D3, sounds great and I would say has similar spin characteristics to the Anser.

You can't really go wrong with either, just depends on the look you prefer at address.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by JamesTucker

So these are 2 of the new models out for 2013 and I am struggling to work out which one is better.  I have traditionally been a Titleist fan but in my research so far thinking that the Ping might be worth a look.  Very interested to hear which one you would go for? or if you have already had experience with one - well the Ping anyway...

No driver is better than any other at that level.

You need to find one you like the look of and try to get the right shaft.

Another person's experience will;have no bearing at all on your own impressions.

You have to make up yoiur own mind.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

totally different drivers d3 is more of a tp, its small. i started off good with it but as the season went on i just couldnt hit it. its not for you average joe. i picked up the ping anser today. it compares to the d2 which my buddy has and I can hit. i liked the anser right away and according to the monitor I hit pretty well so I said eff it. its not as adjustable ut im kind of over adjustability and had it back to A1 anyway.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I went for a fitting yesterday for the 913. Ended up going for the D3 in 8.5 with a prolaunch red stiff shaft in. Beautiful controlled flight with a bit of run on the ball. Super happy with results, can't wait to get it from Titleist & get out there :)

Note: This thread is 4108 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!