IGNORED

Golf.com's 6 week practice routine to break 80 ?

ScottL
Note: This thread is 4223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

anyone ever done this? if so, how did it work for you? did you improve at all? if so, by how much? Im thinking of starting this week as my guy's golf trip is in exactly 6 weeks from this weekend...

im currently about an 18-20 handicap, so im not sure it would get me into the 70s, but if it could maybe drop 4-5 strokes in 6 weeks, Id be happy to shoot in the high 80s everytime out.

http://www.golf.com/instruction/how-break-80-your-six-week-plan-lifetime-low-scores

Driver: D2 - 10.5° - Fujikura Rombax 5X07
5 Wood: R9 - 19°
Irons: Taylor Made CB
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 52°, 56°, 64°
Putter: Scotty Custom Studio Design  Balls: ProV1

I haven`t done this, but think it should help you.  The structure to it should give you focus.

You are doing the right thing by trying to get serious 6 weeks in advance as opposed to the week before.  From personal experience, I find that I am usually hitting the ball better 2-4 weeks after putting in some longer range sessions.

If you have more than 3 hours a week, I would hit an extra bucket or two of balls in addition to what golf.com has laid out.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

my problem is im married, 2 kids, job, etc so its hard for me to be selfish and go "play" golf all the time. lol

i picked up this game about 5 years ago when I was 27, so I have had a late start, then considering I dont get to play/practice near as much as Id like, im not really where I want to be. Id say I probably play about 12-15 rounds a year and hit the range about the same amount, if that... probably less.

I do not think that comes out to a 70s golfer... But I would like to be a low/mid 80s golfer and think that is within reason. I have a decent swing and overall am pretty happy with my game.

Iv played 3 rounds in the past 2 weeks and all 3 rounds have been low/mid 90s, which is typical for me, but the good news is I havent lost a single ball/penalty in 3 rounds. Im striking the ball good, really good for me. But where Im losing strokes is around the green, i continue to leave all my chips short and leave me with long putts, and my putting has been horrible, again, leaving everything short.

so im not making bad shot mistakes, im hitting it good, im just not getting my distances right, i think doing some REAL practice like this might help me dial in some things and hopefully get me over the hump im at... id love love love to turn these 92s into 86s !!!

Driver: D2 - 10.5° - Fujikura Rombax 5X07
5 Wood: R9 - 19°
Irons: Taylor Made CB
Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 52°, 56°, 64°
Putter: Scotty Custom Studio Design  Balls: ProV1

If you are pressed for time, I would skip playing the next 3 weeks and devote that to practice time.  Good luck

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Note: This thread is 4223 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!