IGNORED

Big Break: Greenbrier

JetFan1983
Note: This thread is 4116 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Man I cant believe Mark won. It sucks for James because he was playing lights out for most of the round. Just goes to show it aint over till its over. Either one definitely deserved to win, both played great golf throughout the season. I remember early on I figured Mark could very well win it do to his consistency. Great season, agreed on the best finale ever too. James will be on the Web.com tour if he sticks and pursues his goals.

Great final show with very well played golf. I think that the better balanced, more consistent swing from Mark just stood up to the pressure better. I hope that James is looping for Mark at the next Greenbrier tournament as it seemed that the admiration for each others game was genuine. I don't know if James would be a good caddy (that is for Mark to decide), but it would certainly generate some publicity with the winner and the runner up out there together.

Why do they call golf "golf"?  Because all the other four letter words were taken.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Chipless

That was a great final!  I added up each of their scores.  James shot 67 and Mark shot 65.  I think they both played really impressive golf.

Yeah, that was impressive and fun to watch.  Not sure about the tee or pin locations, but since the course itself was setup for this years Greenbrier at the time, that is even more impressive.

Originally Posted by 0ldblu3

Great final show with very well played golf. I think that the better balanced, more consistent swing from Mark just stood up to the pressure better. I hope that James is looping for Mark at the next Greenbrier tournament as it seemed that the admiration for each others game was genuine. I don't know if James would be a good caddy (that is for Mark to decide), but it would certainly generate some publicity with the winner and the runner up out there together.

Question ...

When this year's Greenbrier rolls around and they, presumably, show the first couple of rounds - at least - on the Golf Channel ... will they make any effort to show him on the telecasts?  I can't remember them ever doing that in the past, but I have never watched the Big Break before, so I wouldn't have recognized anybody anyway.

Now that I have some vested interest in this guy from watching this show, I'd love to watch him perform during the tournament next year.

Guess I tuned into the right show -- the final!

3 down/5 to go and the tide turns.

James' swing was so quick on the downswing that I couldn't track it by casually watching.

It's possible Mark put too much pressure on himself from the portion I viewed, until the last 5 holes. I guess when the short game clicks, and the putts start falling - you can lighten up.  :-)

It was a TGC show worth watching...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

hard to admit it was fun watching golf on TV.  But that was a great final.  That it took an eagle to stay in it and then win really says a lot.  I was rooting for James, but these two were my favorites so either way it was fun.  Following individual players and getting commentary that way is SO much more interesting than the same old PGA broadcasts jumping all over the place with dull announcers talking about this or that putt.

the reunion show, I think, really brought out the real personalities, though.  So we had a club slammer, someone a little snotty, two dorks, two that were a bit bullyish (at least in regards to the dorks), but even each of them had a good story and their positives far outweighed the negatives, IMO.  And the rest seemed just like decent guys overall.  Most Popular = $5000 - nice gesture to split it up.

Bill - 

I thought the clips before one of the commercial breaks set Liam up to look like a jerk, but he responded well and explained.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

This is definitely one of the better Big Break seasons and more specifically, probably the best ending episode ever.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

This was the first Big Break that I've ever watched (and I started watching the episode Chan was eliminated).

I think it was superbly done.  Even my wife, who loathes golf, seemed to be decently interested once the finale came around.

Frankly, it was just refreshing to see a reality show where it seemed like the final four were just genuinely good dudes, and were all pulling for each other.  I'm glad that the producers didn't try to add conflict.

All men are frauds.  The only difference between them is some men admit it.  I myself deny it. - HLM

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

When and where is the next one???

The next one airs in May, they said during the reunion show, but they didn't specify where it was being shot, nor whether it would be ladies-only, co-ed, or "all-star" edition. Since the last three seasons have been men, women, and co-ed respectively, I suspect the next season will feature players from past competitions.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

This may be my favorite season of all Big Breaks...............they finally found some guys who could play, and play they did!   Wow.....I really enjoyed this season.  This season had the best final 4 ever......(I hated to see any of them lose)

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 4116 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!