IGNORED

John Daly- back on Tour full time?

MEfree
Note: This thread is 4185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

John Daly currently sits #132 on the money having won 479 K in 12 events.  He is playing this week on a sponsors exemption and will have a chance to make top 125 to regain his first full time PGA Tour status since 2006.  There are 4 more events including this week and he is about 108 K behind #125 and will likely need about 200 K more in winnings as some of the guys ahead of him will pick up some checks in the coming weeks.

Are you rooting for him?

Do you think he will make it?

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Not rooting for him and dont think he will make it.  Daly has had his chances and screwed it up every time.  I have absolutely no sympathy for him.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I hope that he does well.  David Feherty's interview showed me that he's constantly fighting his demons and hopefully winning this time.  The fact that he self-destructed in the past doesn't take anything away from the fact that he's a two-time major championship winner and a unique personality amongst the seemingly interchangeable average tour pros.  I wish the best for John Daly.

I'm rooting for him. He's a likable guy with his own demons. The tour would benefit from him getting his card & being a regular on the tour as opposed to the occasional sponsors exemption.

I don't know what it is, but I enjoy watching him and always find myself oping he'll play well.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm not rooting for him in particular, nope.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by MEfree

Are you rooting for him?

1. Yes - I would like to see him continue his recovery.

2. How could I possibly know? I'll wait and see.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

John Daly currently sits #132 on the money having won 479 K in 12 events.  He is playing this week on a sponsors exemption and will have a chance to make top 125 to regain his first full time PGA Tour status since 2006.  There are 4 more events including this week and he is about 108 K behind #125 and will likely need about 200 K more in winnings as some of the guys ahead of him will pick up some checks in the coming weeks.

Are you rooting for him?

I enjoy rooting for Daly because he reminds me of that hard nosed old school blue collar type of guy that you can bs with about crazy things he's done, while smoking a fat stogey, drinking some drink and playing poker all night.

Plus he's entertaining as hell so I will definitely be interested to see him play and hope that he does well.

Are you rooting for him?

yes

TBD

switching from right to lefty so: 

tinkering with a plethora of equipment and brands; I now feel like its all about mechanics and less equipment- stay tuned

Last time I saw him play, he wore trousers that played havoc with my TV's contrast settings.

Good luck to the bloke - who knows what is in all of us when life turns to mud.

Taylor Made R11S 9 Degree

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

absolutely...............i like guys who play golf, not golf swing. The tour is filled with beautiful swings with healthy young over acheivers......one for the sinners, please.

I like him. I'd love to play his course "The Lions Den" in Dardenelle, AR.

My Bag:

Burner 9.5

X 3&5 Woods

DCI Gold 3- PW(48*) + 52* Vokey wedge

56* sand wedge

Cushin Putter

Will he make the 125? Not sure, but I really hope so. Go JD!

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST

Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 3H

Irons: Cleveland Launcher

Wedges: Cleveland cg 15 46, 52, 56, 60

Putter: Odyssey tour black

Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

I don't care much for him, but he is good for the Tour. The one time I was at Augusta, the two largest crowds following players was following Tiger and Daly. He draws fans so it is obvious why he is able to get so many exemptions.

Bill M

I kind of hope that the guy makes it although I doubt he will. Even if he does it's likely he'll have some sort of meltdown next season.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I have mixed emotions towards him.  He had great talent and wasted it so in that sense I would feel bad for the guy that's worked hard and would be kicked off the tour to make room for Daly.

I also believe in 2nd chances, so if he's really got his act together this time I'd like to see him beat the odds and be successful on the tour.

Joe Paradiso

JD is -7 thru 17 today and is t9 with Watney, Garrigus and a few others at -9, so he has put himself into position to get a nice check.  Not sure what his sponsor invites look like for the rest of the year, but top 10 are automatically eligible for next week.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I have mixed emotions towards him.  He had great talent and wasted it so in that sense I would feel bad for the guy that's worked hard and would be kicked off the tour to make room for Daly.

I also believe in 2nd chances, so if he's really got his act together this time I'd like to see him beat the odds and be successful on the tour.

I do believe that some players have more talent than others and some work harder, but that is really the nature of sports in general.  Nobody would be "kicked off the tour to make room for" him.  Yes, if he plays well and earns a top 125 position, that MIGHT mean someone else has lower status, but not necessarily.  First off, #126 (through 150) have conditional status which gets them into a number of tournaments AND they get to go to Q School Finals with a chance to earn back a full card.  Also, the guy who finishes #126 could actually have higher full status than Daly (assuming he is top 125) a number of different ways including having won a major/Players within the last 5 years, a regular event in 2011, etc.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 i 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey: 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

Note: This thread is 4185 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!