IGNORED

What golf ball did you play with in your last round?

Note: This thread is 4147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Playing random soft balls.... Sirixon soft feel, Noodle Softest, Nike PD soft or Titliest solo or NXT-S. Leaves eat up the balls and the temp is low so I am using the found balls I would not use normally in the summer. Otherwise I would use a ProV1 or ProV1x, I just like the way they play. They do not fly as far for me as other balls.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I will try to keep this as short as possible. Started playing May 2011 using every ball I could find at 50 cents or less, this year I moved up to $1 - $!.50 each priced balls. How did I do.........I broke both 100 and then 90 this year using a Wilson D:25 ball. I did also like the Srixon AD333 and Top Flite GamerV2's but as the cooler weather came rolling in switched to the Wilson lower compression balls. looks like it was a good decision.

Yesterday I played a round at a local championship course, and I used (not in any particular order)

AD333

Nike something

PRO V1

A yellow Srixon Z-Star

Callaway CXR

Red Pinnacle

Titleist NXT

Srixon Green Soft Feel

Top Flite XL3000

As you see it was not a good round. I think there was more than that but everytime I lost one I just pulled another one out of the bag. I dont consider myself good enough yet to just use one type of ball. Although at my last lesson with my pro last week he told me to take a look at a Maxfli ball, which is last years penta.

I was using Callaway warbirds and diablos, then one round I was short on balls.I grabbed a sleeve of nike PD softs. I noticed a huge difference in my short game. Balls were sticking to greens, spinning better. Just an immediate better feel. So until I find something that has as soft of a feel that I like better... I'll stick with them.

Used Gamer V2s today.

I learned a valuable lesson - I'm not anywhere good enough to have the balls make any difference in my play. I'm better off, at this point, with Nike Mojos or some other beginner ball along those lines. I lost 6 balls - $10 down the drain.

Russ B.

Gamer V2...virtually straight as an arrow all day...either my swing has miraculously improved (unlikely ) or this is a miracle ball. Definitely a keeper.

Yesterday I played a round at a local championship course, and I used (not in any particular order) AD333 Nike something PRO V1 A yellow Srixon Z-Star Callaway CXR Red Pinnacle Titleist NXT Srixon Green Soft Feel Top Flite XL3000 As you see it was not a good round. I think there was more than that but everytime I lost one I just pulled another one out of the bag. I dont consider myself good enough yet to just use one type of ball. Although at my last lesson with my pro last week he told me to take a look at a Maxfli ball, which is last years penta.

Which Maxfi is last year's Penta?

Titleist Pro-V1 and V1X. I like this ball, but since I hit down on the ball I get really high trajectories.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Bridgestone B330 RX

http://thesandtrap.com/b/balls/bridgestone_2012_tour_b330_series_ball_review

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Bridgestone B330 RXS

Putter:  Classic Black Platinum 1

Driver:  R1 Stiff flex

3 Wood:  AMP - Regular flex, 15 degrees

3 Hybrid:  Baffler T-Rail - Regular flex, 19 degrees

Irons: :tmade: MC Forged - PW-4

Wedges: :cleve: 588 RTX 2.0 Tour Blade Black Satin - 52.10 and 58.10

Ball:  Pro V1x

Only had one NXT Tours S left in the bag when I got to the course today. I picked up a sleeve of PRO v1x's at the shop. Lost the NXT on the 7th hole and finished up with a PRO V1x. Honestly, I didn't see a glaring difference. It's going to take more than 12 holes to get me to switch..

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST

Hybrid: Cleveland Mashie 3H

Irons: Cleveland Launcher

Wedges: Cleveland cg 15 46, 52, 56, 60

Putter: Odyssey tour black

Ball: Titleist NXT Tour

I've been using the DT Solo, but recently picked up a sleeve of this year's NTX Tours.  Played Sunday, and whether it was related to the ball or not, I shot my lowest round to date.  I'm sure I can't pin it all on the ball, but I was sticking approach shots pretty close to the pin with a lot less roll out than the Solos.  I have 2 sleeves of Solos left, and still have the three NXT Tours.  I'll keep playing with these NXT Tours before I by a box of them, but so far, so good.

Gamer V2 right now.  I'll go back to the ProV1x soon.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Just played St Andrews Golf Course in West Chicago this morning. Decided to pick up a sleeve of the Callaway Hex Black Tour in the pro shop and try them out.

Two words. I like!

Having never been a real long hitter (average ~230yd driver) these balls didn't disappoint. I was probably averaging right about 220 all day in some wind and cool conditions. Ground was extremely soft with very little roll out. Firmer and warmer conditions and I'm sure these balls would have been a bit longer.

What I really liked about these balls was the amount of stopping on the greens they had. St Andrews has a few greens which are elevated and even on these greens with my lower trajectory I still managed to hold them. My normal ball, the HX Hot Bite would have skidded off the back. Guaranteed.

I managed to play all 18 holes without losing a single ball. One ball did get a bit scuffed up from full iron shots but I'd still call it usable.

Overall, I liked this ball. Alot. I've never been one to buy the ultra premium balls (hence the HX Hot Bite) but I may have to reevaluate that with these.

• 2 weeks later...

i always play ProV1 392. I get better distance with these compared to all other soft balls. I hit my 5 iron 180m (200 yards i think) comfortably but simply don't get the same length with taylormade, srixon, callaway or bridgestone. The ProV1's also seem to stop better for me than the others to so for the consistency i want they are the one i choose. In saying that i guess it wouldn't matter which ball you play as long as it's always the same and i could adjust my distances per club but with the spin i get that allows me to attack the pin especially chipping around the green and reduce putts.

Note: This thread is 4147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!