IGNORED

What golf ball did you play with in your last round?

Note: This thread is 4147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Callaway HX Diablo Tour, I think I just found my new ball!

Putter:  Classic Black Platinum 1

Driver:  R1 Stiff flex

3 Wood:  AMP - Regular flex, 15 degrees

3 Hybrid:  Baffler T-Rail - Regular flex, 19 degrees

Irons: :tmade: MC Forged - PW-4

Wedges: :cleve: 588 RTX 2.0 Tour Blade Black Satin - 52.10 and 58.10

Ball:  Pro V1x

It's finally cold in Tx and I'm not a super long hitter so I suffer with high compression balls in the winter. I read a lot of gushing threads on how awesome the Wilson Duo  is so I bought a dozen and was pleasantly surprised. Long ball for me, putts well, obviously doesn't spin a lot but when it's cold and there is dew on the ground nothing is going to roll a lot anyway. I'll probably be playing this for the winter and saving my stock of TP3's and E5's for the summer.

910 D2 10.5  910F 3w  910H 19*

712 AP1 4-GW  Vokey SM4 54* and 58*

Select Golo  E5

This thread just popped up on my facebook feed and reminded me that on my last round - per Titleist's directions - I played my usual ball for 9 holes (ProV1x) and then the sleeve of "test" balls that they sent me a couple of weeks ago.

Now I gotta go report back on my findings.  (Seemed pretty similar although slightly lower ball flight - probably more me than the ball)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Wilson Smartcore Orange ball, wanted a ball that did not cost a lot so it would not matter how many I could not find in the ample supply of leaves on the fairway and rough, was thinking maybe I'll see these orange critters easier, they were a little easier to track in the air and against the grey windy sky, but I still had a hard tiime finding them ion the ground..........................................

Originally Posted by NuclearMike

Top Flite Gamer V2.  Great price (<$20/ Dozen), more than adequate spin, and as long or longer than the Pro V1.

I play Gamer for similar reasons. Mid-spin ball -  will stop on one hop on partial wedges. Has a little check spin, but not so much sidespin as a premium ball that would sping me into rough on mishits.

Golf Digest rated it a couple of years ago as an almost premium ball for below $20.

I got a comparison ball-fitting this summer, and Bridgestone estimates its e6 will give me 11 yards more on drives than the Gamer . I have 2 doz. Gamers left, so I'll have to compare them with e6 and see if I can generate any stopping power with e6 .

NuclearM, it will be interesting to see what happens on the Gamers. I've seen spot shortages over the last 3 years, but was usually able to find some in another part of state if they were missing locally. Don't know if they're more popular than production run can handle, or if they will hit the endangered species list.

(Part of it is my fault, I fear. It seems like whenever I adopt a golf ball model, it get discontinued in 48 months.)

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bought a dozen RBZ's on sale, and I actually like them.  I'll probably buy a couple more dozen while they're on sale.  Once it gets colder here, I'll likely switch though, I'm not sure how they'll feel when it's 40* outside.

I've found out that Dick's Sporting Goods is getting the Top Flite brand from Callaway... if it survives, you'll only be getting them through Dick's or Golf Galaxy...

Played Bridgestone E6s this week. Really liked them. Long and straight. Didn't hold the greens too well, but I usually play for a roll.

I'll be using these for a while.

Note: This thread is 4147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!