• Announcements

    • iacas

      Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

      Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jasonbolt

Would you use this non-conforming custom molded putter grip? (Picture)

0   24 votes

  1. 1. Would you buy this grip

    • Heck yes!
      1
    • Maybe. It depends on how good it feels in my hands.
      2
    • No.
      21

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

20 posts in this topic

Hi there.  I'm looking to get some feedback on a product I'm working on.  The below model would be designed for players who use the left hand low (cross handed) putting grip.  The idea is that it locks your hands into the same position every time creating consistency in your putting stroke.  The only down side to the grips is that they don't conform to the rules.

  • Would you use this grip if it wasn't tournament legal.
  • Would you buy it as a practice tool for off season training?
  • How much would you pay for it.

Thanks for your help!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

no, I`m a lefty and putt standard

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forgot to mention I would be making around 4 different styles:  conventional, conventional variation, cross handed, and claw.  Would this change your mind?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Jasonbolt

Would you use this grip if it wasn't tournament legal.

Would you buy it as a practice tool for off season training?

How much would you pay for it.

  • No, I would not use the grip if it isn't legal.     There are plenty of different size and shape grips that are legal, and have no issues finding something I like.
  • No, I would not use it as a training tool.    Gripping the putter isn't something that I need training on; I need practice stroking putts and ingraining the stroke, not the grip.
  • Zero $.    Actually that's not correct because even if you gave them away for free I wouldn't use one for the above reasons.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No. I don't cheat.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

This may be good for instructional use.  Like for beginners?  But beyond that... I don't see a use.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Never.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

No, no, and $0. Do people have problems with not gripping the club the same every time?
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Negatory. I think it's a slippery slope to suggest there is a "correct" way to hold the putter, even when talking in generalities (cross-hand, conventional, claw, etc.). The best grip is the one that allows you to repeat a good putting stroke.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

I Hate practicing thread necromancy, butI felt the need to chime in. Golf fanatics I believe hate the idea of non confirming equipment, even if all their play is strictly casual. I could say I have a normal looking driver that let's you hit it 400 and dead center every time, and I believe everyone here would give the same response. Non conforming seems arbitrary when it comes to some things, but non conforming is non conforming. Why don't I just shoot the ball out of a mortar or slingshot then?

NOW. I believe there is a market for non conforming equipment that claims drastic improvement, but it aint the sand trap! Christ I'm sure we have all seen things like that putter that looks like a hammer, I mean they have to sell some of them!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No.  I am comfortable with my current midsize pistol grip.  My issue with training tools like this, is that you are not working with what you will have on the course.  I tend to minimize the use to training devices unless I can translate them to the course.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

Negatory. I think it's a slippery slope to suggest there is a "correct" way to hold the putter, even when talking in generalities (cross-hand, conventional, claw, etc.). The best grip is the one that allows you to repeat a good putting stroke.


I would have to agree with this 100%, which is why I voted NO......

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No and for more reasons than being non-conforming. I prefer as little contour on a putter grip as possible.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

I Hate practicing thread necromancy, butI felt the need to chime in. Golf fanatics I believe hate the idea of non confirming equipment, even if all their play is strictly casual. I could say I have a normal looking driver that let's you hit it 400 and dead center every time, and I believe everyone here would give the same response. Non conforming seems arbitrary when it comes to some things, but non conforming is non conforming. Why don't I just shoot the ball out of a mortar or slingshot then?

NOW. I believe there is a market for non conforming equipment that claims drastic improvement, but it aint the sand trap! Christ I'm sure we have all seen things like that putter that looks like a hammer, I mean they have to sell some of them!

Not to mention the double faced chippers.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

No. Using it in play would taint my rounds. I don't care if they are casual rounds. I compare myself to others that I expect are not cheating. Although I will never make as a pro, I at least know where I stand when I play legit.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your product gives me some hope for my son!

I need something for my son who has handicapped fingers (6 joints as opposed to 18). I require something that can mold to fit his grip and be something I could transfer between each club or have a dozen made that could get put on a set of clubs.

Could you assist?

PS.

Legal or not golf should be about fun and spending time with your kids as they grow up!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread is very old, but.....

Why would I buy a grip that forces me to grip the way someone else does, even as a "training aid"?

I seriously doubt whether repeating a putting grip, which is a very individual thing, is a problem for many golfers.

And, if it were, what are the chances that this particular one would suit them?

Hate to be negative, but this is not going to work out for you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0