IGNORED

Would you use this non-conforming custom molded putter grip? (Picture)

Note: This thread is 3877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Would you buy this grip

• Heck yes!
    • Maybe. It depends on how good it feels in my hands.
    • No.

Hate to be negative, but ...

Probably the funniest thing I read all day. :-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Shorty

This thread is very old, but.....

Why would I buy a grip that forces me to grip the way someone else does, even as a "training aid"?

I seriously doubt whether repeating a putting grip, which is a very individual thing, is a problem for many golfers.

And, if it were, what are the chances that this particular one would suit them?

Hate to be negative, but this is not going to work out for you.

Totally agree with you in regards to a putting grip, but just for funsies regarding the bold ...

When I was a teenager I played a lot of golf and had a good time doing it.  I was a baseball player, athletic enough to get by, and could break 90 on a good day.  I wasn't obsessed enough to bother with lessons, but I liked it enough to try and teach myself.  I took a golf class in college (to fill a PE requirement) and the clubs they had for us to use were 7-irons with those silly molded grips.  Not until I started playing with that thing did I have a clue how "wrong" my old grip was.  Left hand too weak, right hand too strong, both thumbs going straight down the shaft ... I was a mess.  Once I fixed that problem, I started playing a lot better (breaking 90 became the norm) and became even more obsessed with getting better.  Probably the single biggest breakthrough I ever had in my golfing career.

But again ... in regards to putting ... yeah, that's such an individual thing, doesn't seem like there'd be much market for a molded grip.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 3877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!