IGNORED

tayormade RBZ.

jamess
Note: This thread is 4179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Many people are saying that the RBZ is the longer of the drivers from TaylorMade because it is replacing the burner line which was Taylormade's lighter and longer driver with unconventional head shape leading to increased swing speed so yes the RBZ should be longer, but you won't know if it is for you until you hit both of them to compare.

in the bag

Driver: 909D2 9.5° Oban Devotion Shaft

3 Wood: G10 15.5°
Hybrid: 3dx RC 20° Ironwood 

4-PW: MP-57's S300

Wedges: 51° MP-T Black Nickel 56° Vokey Spin Milled 

Putter: Tracy II 35" Iomic Grip 

Ball: Pro V1x

RBZ is designed with a lighter, longer shaft, so it's built for distance.  R11 isn't exactly built to go short, but it's more traditional.  Of course, you can always put a longer, shorter, lighter, or heavier shaft in any club, so you have to look at all the inputs.

Regardless, you should always get a shaft that fits your swing.  If you have low SS, you'll want a lighter shaft.  If you have fast tempo, you'll want a stiffer shaft.  If you're a high SS with a fast tempo, you'll want the heaviest, stiffest shaft you can find to produce consistent contact, traj, etc.  Additionally, if you but a 46-1/2 inch shaft in any driver, it's going to be harder to find the sweet spot consistently than with a 44-1/2 inch shaft, but it will be longer when you do.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am also considering these.  But I have read several reviews where people said the Burner 2.0's are actually better and cheaper.  They said they would pay more for the 2.0's than the RBZ's.  Anyone have anymore feedback on that?

If you're talking about the driver, in my experience the RBZ is longer than the R11 - by 10 to 20 yards.  I have owned both and played them alongside each other.  That said, I find the R11 slightly more accurate.  Comments by k-troop seem to ring true to my experience.

I tried one out the other day but it seemed to have a shorter shaft than what I'm used to in my Cleveland Ultralight SL290 (it's 46").

I hit it a couple times but didn't find it to be a very good feeling club and I lost some distance with it but that was due to the shorter shaft.

I had a chance to hit the first RBZ driver (non-adjustable) and the Cleveland Classic 290, both with regular shafts and 10.5* lofts.

Sequence: warm-up RBZ, warm-up Classic, launch monitor RBZ (w/face sticker), launch monitor Classic (w/face sticker)

With RBZ, I was all over the place. On launchM, most of my shots hit the electronic frog on the lilly pad at the left limit of screen, or the rabbit in the bushes on the right limit. Face sticker showed two ellipses, on the left side and right side. It the shaft wasn't so long, maybe it would be OK. Club-fitting charts suggest scattered impact pattern means too long a shaft.

The Classic, on the other hand, warmed up quickly. After a few shots, I was hitting everything in center third of clubface. And, I could feel the Classic clubhead better on backswing.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I've hit an RBZ adjustable driver, and I can say for certain you need to play those shafts one stiffness up. I'm almost to a stiff shaft, with a SS of about 105, and I hit it with a stiff and one with my current shaft in it. I found that the Taylormade shaft was far more inconsistent, and softer than even my PLR regular. It spun far to much, causing my ballflight to balloon, and it also seemed to be inconsistent about where/when it would kick, but that could just be me and my swing. Overall, the clubhead isn't too shabby, but I don't find it a huge upgrade to what I'm currently swinging and would never think about getting the stock shaft in this.

My bag:

Driver: G10 10.5* w/ Pro Launch Red Reg 

3 Wood: G10 w/ Pro Launch Red Reg 

18* and 21* hybrids: G10 with Pro Launch Red Stiff 

4-PW: Ping Eye 2 Irons w/ Reg GS 95 

56* and 60*: Tour-S Rustique Wedges w/ Stiff KBS Tour 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 

Whats the difference between the 09 Burner and 2.0?

Equipment

Driver - 09' Taylormade Burner

3 wood - Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 13 degrees

18 degree Adams Idea

3-PW Callaway X-18's

Putter - Orlimar Tourizmo #2

Originally Posted by Coleoneps

Whats the difference between the 09 Burner and 2.0?

It's white

I don't think the RBZ on paper is longer than the R11, not R11S, according to TaylorMade.  Due to a bunch of minor tweaks, one that comes to mind is the improved aerodynamics.

Check out our review

http://thesandtrap.com/b/clubs/taylormade_rocketballz_tour_driver_review

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I thought the RBZ felt lighter.  I hit the ball further, but less consistently than the R11s.  Ended up buying the R11s.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

For me the R11s is straight. If it's 10 yards shorter, who cares. Much rather hit 160 from the fairway than 150 from the rough.

R11s driver

R11 3 wood

Glide sole design 5 wood

Cleveland CG16 irons

Vokey SM4 48*, Vokey SM4 52*, Vokey SM4 56* wedges

Yes! Eleanor putter

Note: This thread is 4179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!