IGNORED

Who is the most famous person you've golfed with?

MasonAsher2014
Note: This thread is 3694 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Not with us but just in front was the infamous Michael Vick about a year ago.  He can't play golf worth a lick and neither could the rest of his foursome.  He actually rode back to us and apologized for us having to watch how bad they were.  He then gave my friend a beer and rode back up to his group and they finished the round playing Captain's choice so as to not back the course up any longer.

Jesse Jones.  He is on the news in the Seattle area, where he "exposes scams"  for people who write in and he goes to confront the offender in the "gotcha" kind of fashion.

I think another good question is Who would you most want to play golf with if you can choose any living person?

Hello Golfers, Now that you ask, I have played with: Tiger Woods, two world cups. Sergio Garcia, mexican open. Gary Player and Jose Maria Cañizares, on a private Senior Tour event. Jorge Campos, Goalkeeper for the Mexican soccer team,:-) Have an amazing Golf weekend! Jorge Gomez

I think the most famous person, that I know of, would be a manager of Olive Garden... haha! Well i could've golfed with someone more famous but I don't usually ask what people do for a living.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Nobody for me, but my dad played against Mike Weir when he was in University.

Titleist 913D2 9.5 (UST VTS 65)

Titleist 913F 15 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 913H 19 (Diamana S+)

Titleist 714 AP2 (4-PW) (DG XP-95)

Titleist Vokey SM5 (52,56,58) (DG XP-95)

Ping Anser 2 Classic

Quote:
Luis Tiant.

JAMO.  Love El Tiante.  I've met him a couple times and he was real nice.  How was he to play with?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I shared a tee box with Jim Colbert!  I happen to be playing Manhattan (KS) Country Club once and they a tee box that 2 holes share.  By chance we were on the tee box at the same time, so I introduced myself to him, I just so happen to know his sister and her family.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Ron Jaworski

Charles Barkley (before he lost it; he was actually pretty good)

Willie Nelson (I met him on the first tee, but played in the group behind him)

Billy Cunningham

Bill M

JAMO.  Love El Tiante.  I've met him a couple times and he was real nice.  How was he to play with?

Not a great player, chain-smoke cigars, but very fun to play with. I also met Adam Vinatieri (before he defected to Indy) at the same course, but didn't play with him. The only other time I've ever encountered someone marginally famous on the golf course was when I nearly hit Boston Mayor Menino's wife with my tee ball on a blind par 5. She was not pleased.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

He is after all, Cuban!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Case Keenum, was in a foursome scramble fundraiser for student athletes.  Keenum was the QB for University of Houston.  He held the NCAA Div 1 passing yardage record.  He can hit the ball a mile, good all around player.  Single digit handicapper.  Nice guy.

I live in the KC area and paired up with Neil Smith (chiefs/bronco's fame)......I arrived as a single and paired-up with his 2-some. I pretended not to recognize him, which I think bothered his ego a tad bit.  I avoided asking him any questions that would allow him to reveal who he was unless he just blurted it out.  I really think he wanted me to know who he was.....He was asking me questions that normally get returned in kind.  IE...the usual what kind of work do you do stuff......and of course, I didn't return these kinds of question to open that door.  LOL

I have Ohio State head-covers and was wearing an OSU shirt, so we talked college football some.  He had a Nebraska golf bag and this is when it was rumored that Nebraska may be joining the BigTen so we talked a lot of college football stuff related to possible conference changes.  He was friendly enough during the round, but he didn't shake my hand on completion.  He was hacking badly towards the end and left pretty quick.  He didn't even putt-out on the last hole...LOL  I'm pretty sure his playing partner also played in the NFL too, but I didn't recognize him.  he was very gracious to the very end.

It was one of those uncomfortable pairings.....I was having a good day and playing par golf, and Neil was hacking pretty bad and I think he was feeling a bit self conscious about his bad play.... just like any high HC players sometimes do.  His partner was a hoot.....he was having a blast and didn't care how bad he played...LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

When I was11 years old, in SNJGA, I played a tournament with Mike Maddeux, Greg Maddeux, Marty Barrett & Roger Clemens, all professional baseball players. It was pretty gnarly from what I remember. The main thing I remember is crashing a golf cart into the railing and breaking the front axel, lol. WOOPS!

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Performance Driver

2013 Nike VR_S Covert Perfomance 15° 3W

18° Burner 1.0 Superlaunch Rescue Hybrid

:mizuno: 4-PW MP-69 Irons

50°, 54° & 58° ATV wedges

Classic Collection #1 Black Putter

:bridgestone: Tour B330 Balls

2013 Tour v3 Laser Rangefinder w/ Jolt Technology

You don't know what pressure is until you play for five bucks with only two bucks in your pocket. -Lee Trevino

Got paired with Sleveless Steve Chrismar, guitarist for George Thorogood, when they were in town for a concert.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

Jack Nicklaus....2! (the son that caddied for his father).  I stumbled into Jackie one afternoon when he was trying to qualify for a Hogan Tour event (now the Web.com tour). Played 9 holes with him, his caddie, and some other guy one Sunday afternoon. We actually had a small "gallery" at one point. Jackie shot an 82 the next day and did not qualify. He did mention that at his age, his dad had already won a few majors. Jackie was giving it one last try to see if he could compete on the pro tour. Today, his career is based upon putting the "Jack Nicklaus II" name on designer golf courses.

I did have the pleasure of telling everyone at work that I played golf with Jack Nicklaus over the weekend!

Note: This thread is 3694 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!