IGNORED

Who is the most famous person you've golfed with?

MasonAsher2014
Note: This thread is 3689 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker

Jack Nicklaus....2! (the son that caddied for his father).  I stumbled into Jackie one afternoon when he was trying to qualify for a Hogan Tour event (now the Web.com tour). Played 9 holes with him, his caddie, and some other guy one Sunday afternoon. We actually had a small "gallery" at one point. Jackie shot an 82 the next day and did not qualify. He did mention that at his age, his dad had already won a few majors. Jackie was giving it one last try to see if he could compete on the pro tour. Today, his career is based upon putting the "Jack Nicklaus II" name on designer golf courses.

I did have the pleasure of telling everyone at work that I played golf with Jack Nicklaus over the weekend!

My sister babysat for him when he was a little kid during a PGA event in the '60's. Jack's wife Barbara and little Jackie traveled with him during his early days on tour and Barbara would follow Jack when he played, so she needed a babysitter during the rounds.

God, I'm old.....

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

roy wilkins jr. of the naacp.  venue was kissena park in queens county new york.  we were two singles.  i caught up to him on #4 and he invited me to join him.  we finished the front and then he had to leave.  he was a soft spoken gentleman and he hit the ball pretty good for an old guy!

This is a pretty good thread. My favorite is probably Chris Paul and Brady. Keep it goin!

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Originally Posted by MasonAsher2014

This is a pretty good thread. My favorite is probably Chris Paul and Brady. Keep it goin!

Where is the fake web simpson at when you need him?  LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by Clambake

I've seen a few other celebs on courses while playing, including OJ Simpson shortly after his trial, apparently out searching for the real killer at Griffith Park in LA.

I hear OJ's got a mean slice.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Strike One

I hear OJ's got a mean slice.

Yeah, from what I could see he tries a cut on every shot

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

He also plays without a glove.

Apparently he can't find one that fits.

Actually, it was pretty weird seeing him on the course.   At the time I lived in Brentwood (in LA) and drove by both the murder sight and his old home every night going home from work.   Seeing him a couple groups ahead was surrealistic given all the media circus that went on at that time.   Given how polarized the whole situation was, it was surprising to see him on a public muni in LA.    His swing was really awkward, and he really just kind of slashed at the ball (no pun intended).

Originally Posted by ditchparrot19

Vida Blue -- Pretty good player, fun to play with.

John Hurley (Elaine's boss on Seinfeld, Family Feud) -- A very, very good player.

Hurley would be pretty cool.   I've seen interviews with him and he seems really funny....was he that way in person?

John Hurley (Elaine's boss on Seinfeld, Family Feud) -- A very, very good player.

http://thesandtrap.com/t/46415/the-secret-of-golf-according-to-j-peterman-and-range-balls/0_30

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I got a lesson once at a clinic that included Erik Barzeski.

Actually, I never played golf with him, but I met Julius Erving on a golf course. At PGA National in Palm Beach Gardens. Funny anecdote about that - I was playing with my friend Gary who is a great guy but not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Anyway we're playing & word gets out the Dr. J is on the grounds filming a commercial. So when we finish our round I look over at the practice green & there he is surrounded by about 20 people. So me & Gary walk over.

On our way there, Gary turns to me & says "Which one is Dr. J?"

I just fixed him with a look & said, "Gosh Gary, do you think it might be the black guy that's a foot taller than everyone else?"

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by zipazoid

I got a lesson once at a clinic that included Erik Barzeski.

And MVMAC!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

[INDENT][/INDENT][quote name="zipazoid" url="/t/62716/who-is-the-most-famous-person-youve-golfed-with/36#post_780644"] Who? :-P [/quote] Didn't it say "famous", not "infamous"? ;-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I once played with Rusty, the bailiff for Judge Wapner on the original People's Court.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Originally Posted by Clambake

Hurley would be pretty cool.   I've seen interviews with him and he seems really funny....was he that way in person?

Forgot his name is actually O'Hurley, not Hurley, and yeah, he was a riot.

It was at Edgewood Tahoe, and one of the other guys in our group was a Joe Pesci-type who was a bigwig in some circle and lived there (or at least had a vacation home). We were waiting on one of the tees and Pesci sees a maintenance guy driving around in a cart. He yells to get the guy's attention, then starts jogging toward him hollering, "You got the keys to my house?"

Immediately, O'Hurley deadpans, "That's an odd question for a gentleman like that to be asking of a guy who's dragging a hose around a golf course." Not that funny in the retelling because O'Hurley's delivery was a big part of it, but it was hysterical at the time.

When the Pesci guy got back, nobody asked him what that deal was all about. For all we knew, he might've been a real-life mobster.

John

Fernando Valenzuela, last year.  Big hitter..

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Note: This thread is 3689 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!