IGNORED

My Swing (ryan28367)

ryan28367
Note: This thread is 3715 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As of right now your clubpath in the downswing is pretty much neutral. But you are flipping at the ball, so this will just cause the path to go left quicker. Keeping your weight forward, and working on key number 3 there will help you a lot coming from the inside more. If you still struggle with a pull fade even after getting the hands forward, then you can work on getting the path more inside earlier in the downswing.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the video I'll try and work on that. So your saying that I am coming over the top as a result of flipping at the ball? I take it that's why I get bunched up through impact as well and my left arm chicken wings.

If you stop the video in the DTL swing at the point of impact you will notice that your hips and shoulders are facing the ball still, when in reality at that point they should be almost facing the target.. Or at least feel like they are facing the target.. They should be about 40* open... To get there I suggest you get to A6 club parallel to the ground on the downswing, and from there slowly pie your hips to the target while you bring the club to impact.. I think there is a video from Erik and Dave that specifically talk about this. If I can I will post once I find it..

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I think my number one priority right now is focusing on Key #3. Although I am not sure I will successfully get there, without getting my hips to open at impact. It looks like without my hips opening, my arms have no where else to go. @saevel25 those videos were very helpful. Are there any other drills you can think for Key #3?

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I think my number one priority right now is focusing on Key #3. Although I am not sure I will successfully get there, without getting my hips to open at impact. It looks like without my hips opening, my arms have no where else to go. @saevel25 those videos were very helpful. Are there any other drills you can think for Key #3?

Its just a matter of getting the hands forward more. Steady head, weight forward really help because its gives time for the hands to move forward and it shifts the focal point of the swing forward. I recommend just do slow movements. Get to the top, bring the club down and really feel that left hand dragging more forward before the clubhead starts to descend into impact. Look at Tiger, his left hand is near the center of his swing when the club is parallel to the ground. Get the club there in slow moves. Its about teaching your body the position, but you have to rewire it.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Ya that's very true. I've been swinging like this for the past 3 years and its hard to get your body to do something a different way. When you say weight forward, should I be putting more weight than I currently have on the front foot at address? Or are you saying work on keeping it forward throughout the swing?

Just about anything written will be a band-aid but some things to keep in mind are,at address we have a cupped wrist which it appears you have,that cup angle remains constant until or a little past the right thigh on takeaway.If you are thinking early wrist cock be very careful with that term.There is a difference between wrist cock and hinge.Keep that cupped angle to start things off,also that right thumb on top of the club will be a problem no matter how lightly placed.Hogan called the right thumb and index finger swing breakers.

"There is no reason to listen to me. I am merely voicing my opinion on certain aspects of golf mechanics that I have experimented with along with others I have read about and watched." - freedrop, on himself [Source]

User was banned February 22, 2014 for multiple violations.

Note: This thread is 3715 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!