IGNORED

Which do you use: Blade or Mallet putter?

DrSlugger
Note: This thread is 4193 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Blade or Mallet putter?

• Blade
    • Mallet

I don't understand why they are called blades, when they are perimeter wieghted like my Anser 4. The only true blades were the Bullseye and Lefty's blade, whatever that was.

dak4n6

I have used all kinds except the newer "high tech" styles. I currently have an Anser, and old Bridgestone mallet, and a couple of flanged blades.  The one I always go back to is an old Wilson Geo Low Original 600  flanged blade that I have had for over 30 years.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've got a genuine old blade from my father's Spalding starter set. No fancy face plate or perimeter weighting. I putted with for quite a bit until I went through a real bad stretch where it seemed I couldn't align it correct for short putts, so I switched over the Odyssey 2-ball, which really does help me set the line properly.

So mostly it's the mallet, but I'm not opposed to switching back and forth as the mood suits me.

TaylorMade Ghost Spider.... It is 34" length with a 360g steel head, with an insert in the face.  Nice alignment system on the top, and a jumbo Winn putter grip.  Pretty solid setup.... But my next purchase will be an Edel putter.

After 5 years with a Scotty Cameron blade, I played my first round last weekend with my Scotty long putter (mallet) - really wont compare the 2 since the long putter is new.

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

I went through about 3 putters a year when I first started back into golf.  Finally I went out and bought the most expensive putter I could find primarily so that I would feel to guilty about taking it out of the bag after the amount of money I had spent on it.  It seems to work.  I have had the same putter in my bag (blade style) for 5 years and have dropped my putting stats from 31 ppr to 29 ppr.  I did lose confidence in my putting last year and tried a mallet putter and found that my old faithful was soon back in the bag.  I guess my moral is that it doesnt matter what you use as long as you keep using it.

Driver - Taylormade R9
3 Wood - Titlelist 909F2 15.5 degrees

2H - Nickent

4H - Taylormade
Irons - Mizuno MP-63 5-PW
Wedges - Titlelist 52 and 60 and Cleveland CG-15 56
Putter - Scotty Cameron Stainless Steel NewportBall - Pro V or V1

Started with a Ping blade years ago, went to a SC Newport then a Taylor made Rossa and last but I am sure not least i just got a new Odyssey Dart Metal X.

Was at the store for about 3 hours trying every putter they had until I got the Metal X Dart.

Will see, it seems very nice.

Mike M.

Irons G30's 4-U.

Hybrid's Callaway X2Hot 3 and 4.

Vokey Wedges SM5 Tour Chrome, 54*, 58*.

Putter Greyhawk, G25 4 wood, G25 Driver.

Waiting for my new Anser style belly putter, 45" Cleveland Classic 4. Brown truck should be here tomorrow. All of a sudden I'm a putter junkie.

Dave :-)

Waiting for my new Anser style belly putter, 45" Cleveland Classic 4. Brown truck should be here tomorrow. All of a sudden I'm a putter junkie.

I must be a midget - my long putter is 47"

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Note: This thread is 4193 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!