IGNORED

In Hand Pics! TaylorMade RocketBladez Tour and RocketBladez irons! New Pics Added! 1-3-13

mvmac
Note:Β This thread is 4065 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Next they will claim the polymer is "Flubber".

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Next they will claim the polymer is "Flubber".

Flubberz

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends onΒ Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap onΒ Twitter!Β  andΒ onΒ Facebook!Β 
Golf TerminologyΒ -Β Β AnalyzrΒ Β -Β Β My Facebook,Β TwitterΒ andΒ InstagramΒ 

I tried out the new 7 iron steel shaft yesterday. I think the offset was killing me...I kept shanking to the right. I found the club harder to hit with than the Calloway Razor x forged 6 iron that I also demoed yesterday and much harder to use than the clubs I have now. However, another guy who owns RBZ irons was killing the ball with the new 7 iron. I guess it's all what you are used to.

In my Β bag:

Driver, Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 9.5 stiff

3, 5Β woods: Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 15,18 degrees Stiff

2 hybrid: Callaway Diable Edge Tour 18 degrees R (out when the 5 wood is in)

3,6 hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 21 S and 30 degrees R

4,5 hybrids: Callaway Razr X HL 24 and 27 degrees Stiff

7-AW irons: Callaway Razr HL graphite R shaftsΒ 

SW 54 Callaway XΒ Series Jaws CC Slate FujikuraΒ Graphite Stiff

Putter: Odessey White Ice 1 Blade Putter.Β 

Ball...looking for any ball that hates water, sand, long grass, and getting lost in the woods.Β 

I can't find any, so forced to use ones that seem to love all the above.Β 

I played a few holes after work, then went to Golf Galaxy for the RocketBladz 7-iron Shootout. Your 7 iron vs. the Rbladz 7 iron,Β you get a golf ball for every yard farther the RBZ goes.

Mine: Callaway X20 Tour 7 iron w PX 5.0 flighted shafts (about 110 grams).

RBladz: 7 iron w/85 gr. Rflex shaft.

I hit my X20.T 7 iron 138 yards, with deviation both L and R. The RBladz 7 iron only went 136, and all misses were to left. (If I got RBladz, would probably have to get lie a little flat; toe was up slightlyΒ on address.)

I also tried an RBladz 85 gr. Stiff shaft... only went about 125 yards, but all three shots were dead straight.

The RBladz felt a little light at 85 gr. but the head was fairly heavy. I tried 85 gr. shafts last year in a Cleveland iron, and it was just too light overall. I overswung both directions.

If I get new irons,Β I would really try out a range of different shafts before deciding. Maybe something in NS-Pro 950GH - these felt good on a couple of test clubs last May.

A little less shaft weight - but more than 85 gr. - would help my distance.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• CompletedΒ KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking Academy:Β Fitting, Assembly & RepairΒ School (2012)

Driver:Β  :touredge:Β EXSΒ 10.5Β°, weights neutralΒ  Β ||Β Β FWs:Β Β :callaway:Β RogueΒ 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball: Β image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.pngΒ QStar Tour - DivideΒ  ||Β Β Bag: :sunmountain:Β Three 5 stand bag

Went to Golf Galaxy yesterday that was running a challenge.Β  They were giving away a free TM ball for every yard you hit a RocketBladez 7i further than your current iron.Β  I went with a buddy who is a big TM fan and he hit his 7iΒ 15 yards further than his current Diablo Edge 7i.

We watched a few people before it was his turnΒ and they all seemed to have a 10+ yard gain.Β  We thought they were sandbagging to get the dozen balls but their resultsΒ checked out when my buddy took his turn.Β  He usually hits his 7i 140 which is exactly what the simulator reported and he was 155 with the RocketBladez.Β  If they had a set for him to buy, I think we would have bought them right there.

They didn't have any lefty irons so I couldn't test them.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Went to Golf Galaxy yesterday that was running a challenge.Β  They were giving away a free TM ball for every yard you hit a RocketBladez 7i further than your current iron.Β  I went with a buddy who is a big TM fan and he hit his 7iΒ 15 yards further than his current Diablo Edge 7i.

We watched a few people before it was his turnΒ and they all seemed to have a 10+ yard gain.Β  We thought they were sandbagging to get the dozen balls but their resultsΒ checked out when my buddy took his turn.Β  He usually hits his 7i 140 which is exactly what the simulator reported and he was 155 with the RocketBladez.Β  If they had a set for him to buy, I think we would have bought them right there.

They didn't have any lefty irons so I couldn't test them.

The thing you have to consider is... How far does he hit his Diablo Edge 6i? Β If he hits that club 155.... Then I think that would be a better comparison. Β Just because the RocketBladez says a 7i on the sole, doesn't mean it's a 7i if you know what I mean?

The edges are pretty jacked up loft wise (28/32/44 for 6/7/pw) but yeah the rocketbladez are a bit higher (26.5,30.5, 45). I would only expect ~5 yard gain though so more like half a club. Β The real question is always accuracy (i.e. is your jacked up 7 iron more or less accurate than a traditional 6 iron) and can you still hit the lower clubs (if you can no longer hit the 4 iron, you really haven't gained distance. You might have Β gained accuracy though).

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

The thing you have to consider is... How far does he hit his Diablo Edge 6i? Β If he hits that club 155.... Then I think that would be a better comparison. Β Just because the RocketBladez says a 7i on the sole, doesn't mean it's a 7i if you know what I mean?

Came across these pics of the tour version RocketBladez

Mike McLoughlin

Originally Posted by RonTheSavage

I read earlier today on another forum, the guy did some testing and his distance numbers were crazy consistent.

...of course they were, the 6 iron loft is 26.5 deg.......the original 4 iron loft....golf companies have their spin machine as well undefined

makes the BS talk around the bar more interesting..."did you see my 7 iron today on the 15th...man!! it went all of 200 yards"

• Administrator
Originally Posted by notsohard

...of course they were, the 6 iron loft is 26.5 deg.......the original 4 iron loft....golf companies have their spin machine as well

makes the BS talk around the bar more interesting..."did you see my 7 iron today on the 15th...man!! it went all of 200 yards"

The CG lowering has some effect on this, too.

A 52 wedge with a lower CG could act like a 56 degree wedge.

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Came across these pics of the tour version RocketBladez

I wasn't a huge fan of the original RocketBladez when the first pictures come out, but I actually kind of like these ones.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3Β |Β 15ΒΊ 3-Wood: Ping G410 |Β 17ΒΊ 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 |Β 19ΒΊ 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo |Β 54ΒΊ SW, 60ΒΊ LW: Titleist Vokey SM8Β |Β Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

To some extent loft matters as much as the number printed on the bottom: not much at all. Β In theory we should just be concerned about ball flight numbers (how far and at what angle and spin it lands) but those are a lot harder to quantify unless your hitting every shot on a trackman. Distance sells because it is really hard to quantify accuracy. I am a bit curious to know where they can go next. Β Can you keep jacking the lofts? Find a lighter than 85g shaft? Start making the clubs 2" longer?

Originally Posted by iacas

The CG lowering has some effect on this, too.

A 52 wedge with a lower CG could act like a 56 degree wedge.

How does offset cause you to shank?

Who are you talking to? If its not the OP (or the post immediately previous to yours) its impossible to tell unless you quote it in your reply. To answer your question :) ... I don't know. If you're hitting the hosel on a club with offset you're also hitting it with a club with less offset. Either way its a shank.

Originally Posted by chips

How does offset cause you to shank?

Good chance it's the indian, not the arrow

Mike McLoughlin

Good chance it's the indian, not the arrow

OT I know, but I see this phrase a lot on here and I wonder every time ... When you're talking about clubs, shouldn't it read "it's not the Indian, its the bow?" ;)

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

OT I know, but I see this phrase a lot on here and I wonder every time ... When you're talking about clubs, shouldn't it read "it's not the Indian, its the bow?" ;)

good point...... Β I might tweet that tomorrow :-)

Mike McLoughlin

Note:Β This thread is 4065 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!