• Announcements

    • iacas

      Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

      Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pronghorn

RBZ Driver is the REAL DEALIO

13 posts in this topic

After hitting my buddies RBZ Driver and 3 Wood so good, I replaced my PING G-20 with Rocket Ballz tour shafts and I have EASILY added 15+ yards to driver and my fairway wood is just killing it even in fall weather they are flying like its mid 80s out the profile is so easy to pick clean.

I mean I catch myself saying Rocket Ballz to myself after each drive they just have that much juice

I was not paid to say any of this so take it for what its worth...

just wondering is anyone else playing RBZ?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I have the driver and love it. I have a Diamana shaft on it. My average drive is about 250, but I've hit a few over 300. It's very accurate and forgiving for a new player like me. Good choice, at least in my opinion.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought the 3 wood and a 4 hybrid and I hate the damn things. ! round and two trips to the driving range and I took them out of my bag. They are so light that I can't feel the clubhead enough to get it back to the ball consistently. They are longer no doubt, I'd say 15 to 20 on the 3 wood and 10 on the hybrid when compared to my Hogan hybrid of the same loft. I just don't like 'em at all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by bigwave916

I bought the 3 wood and a 4 hybrid and I hate the damn things. ! round and two trips to the driving range and I took them out of my bag. They are so light that I can't feel the clubhead enough to get it back to the ball consistently. They are longer no doubt, I'd say 15 to 20 on the 3 wood and 10 on the hybrid when compared to my Hogan hybrid of the same loft. I just don't like 'em at all.

I had the same problem with the RBZ driver when I tested it at our demo day.   I had to get a heavier shaft (13 grams more), but in the same flex.  The stock shaft in the drivers are junk, our Taylormade rep at our club told me they cost $18.50 NEW!

I also have the 3H RBZ Tour but I hit that straight 85 gram shaft.

My advice would be to anyone looking to get the RBZ driver would be to try different shaft combos until you finally get the ball flight you want.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by jaybo

I had the same problem with the RBZ driver when I tested it at our demo day.   I had to get a heavier shaft (13 grams more), but in the same flex.  The stock shaft in the drivers are junk, our Taylormade rep at our club told me they cost $18.50 NEW!

Which stock shaft was that?  I tried one last month at the Taylormade fitter at Edwin Watts in Orlando.  The shaft was a Matrix Ozik xcon6, which would not be an upcharge.  Definitely not an $18 shaft.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Which stock shaft was that?  I tried one last month at the Taylormade fitter at Edwin Watts in Orlando.  The shaft was a Matrix Ozik xcon6, which would not be an upcharge.  Definitely not an $18 shaft.

It was the Matrix xcon5 (Green & Black shaft)

h ttp://taylormadegolf.com/TaylorMade/RocketBallz-Driver/DW-JN737,en_US,pd.html?start=4&cgid;=taylormade-drivers-shopByType

My friend upgraded to the Ozik xcon6.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a club ho and have been for years. The RBZ woods are the first clubs I ever bought that really added distance. All the hype is true but the stock shafts are light and not for everyone. You have to hit these clubs with different shafts and also keep in mind there is a RBZ Tour head for the same price but looks and hits different. I promise there is one for you if you can find it.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only problem with the RBZ are the lack of choice and quality of stock shafts and their excessive length.

I've heard the 2013 line is more beastly ... surprise, surprise.

Even a slot in the driver, and white head with graphics. The only problem is spending $200+ on top of the driver in getting the right shaft, length, and hot melt so it is as accurate as a Titleist.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Only problem with the RBZ are the lack of choice and quality of stock shafts and their excessive length.

I've heard the 2013 line is more beastly ... surprise, surprise.

Even a slot in the driver, and white head with graphics. The only problem is spending $200+ on top of the driver in getting the right shaft, length, and hot melt so it is as accurate as a Titleist.


Huh? I just bought the RBZ Tour after years of playing Titleist.  The RBZ and my old 901D3 were the exact same length, 45 1/2" +/-. And which RBZ shaft is poor quality?  The Matrix Ozik? For me, it plays better than my old Aldila Voodoo in the Titleist. As to accuracy, I can't speak for others, but it seems pretty good.  Last time out, I hit 14 of 14 fairways, with about a 10 yard increase in length. Unless I planned to go on tour next year, why would I need to spend more on an aftermarket shaft?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Huh? I just bought the RBZ Tour after years of playing Titleist.  The RBZ and my old 901D3 were the exact same length, 45 1/2" +/-. And which RBZ shaft is poor quality?  The Matrix Ozik? For me, it plays better than my old Aldila Voodoo in the Titleist. As to accuracy, I can't speak for others, but it seems pretty good.  Last time out, I hit 14 of 14 fairways, with about a 10 yard increase in length. Unless I planned to go on tour next year, why would I need to spend more on an aftermarket shaft?

ugh... I should know better ... don't ever diss' a new love...

:-)

Titleist shows spec length of 45 inches.

Titleist has more choices of stock, no upcharge shafts for a wider variety of players

You were fortunate that the RBZ shaft fit you - many are not as fortunate. I congratulate your fine driving. My experience with TM differs from yours as compared to Titleist "made for" shafts.

I like Taylormade's club heads - was stating that I wish they had shorter lengths and a variety of choices in shafts as one obtains a better fit with a shaft that fits. That's more likely to happen with more and better choices.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards and Achievements

I love mine! Got it for a birthday present first week of Nov. A lot of reviewers complained of the sound on impact but I love it because I know that ball is going to fly when I hear it! Very accurate and forgiving, actually prefer it over the Diablo driver which I used the other week when I was in Mexico.
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the pop in the clubhead.  Not sure about the shaft, seems a bit light for me, and may get it switched after I make some swing changes.  Great club though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Purchased the RBZ 5W on impulse, not sure I made the right move. I hit my Cobra S3 3W more consistantly, maybe I need to give it more time, the jury is still out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0