IGNORED

Ok, Im a convert...the Pro V1 and 1x balls rock!!!!

mailman
Note: This thread is 3881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by rushamania

I play the Velocity. However, I get a lot of Pro V1's as gifts doing business. I played 9 after work earlier this week and decided to try a Pro V1 after the first 3 holes. I haven't wanted to use them since I'm still learning, which is why I have played cheaper balls like the Velocity. All I can say is WOW. On my last six holes, I was one under (5 Pars and a birdie). That is probably the best stretch of golf that I've ever played. Was it the ball? Most likely not, but once I hit one good one, it did inspire some confidence. Needless to say, I will start my next round with a Pro V1.

Don't you know about the new ball first tee jinx? The nicer the ball on the first tee, the more likely that you will do something totally spastic with your club.

dak4n6

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Dave2512

That's what I did with the B330. DSG had them maked down to $28 for a while. I haven't seen any deals on "last years model" PV1. With the snow starting here, which BTW looks to be enough to still be on the ground when the temps rise this coming weekend, I'll likely use all my Golf Galaxy and DSG rewards to buy and stash some PV1's over the winter. I've experimented enough that I think it's the ball for me.

Yeah. Where I'm at in CO it's supposed to be another 6 inches tonight and 3 more tomorrow. Sadly, that means the golf season is probably over. Have you ever come down and played Ute Creek or Twin Peaks?

My bag:

Driver: G10 10.5* w/ Pro Launch Red Reg 

3 Wood: G10 w/ Pro Launch Red Reg 

18* and 21* hybrids: G10 with Pro Launch Red Stiff 

4-PW: Ping Eye 2 Irons w/ Reg GS 95 

56* and 60*: Tour-S Rustique Wedges w/ Stiff KBS Tour 

Putter: Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 

Originally Posted by MonarchGolf2010

I'm surprised no one on here mentioned the Kick X ball.  http://kickxball.com/ I know Dave from Golf Evolution uses them.  I guess they are affiliated with Medicus Golf somehow.  They are a Pro-V1 quality ball, but for less jing.  $40/doz... better than $50!

I've never played them, but I know Dave is a good player and he does, so they must be solid.

Sure wouldn't have to worry about those "debates" in shared rough areas over who was hitting whose ball.

Originally Posted by Audaxi

Yeah. Where I'm at in CO it's supposed to be another 6 inches tonight and 3 more tomorrow. Sadly, that means the golf season is probably over. Have you ever come down and played Ute Creek or Twin Peaks?

Strangely I didn't make it to Longmont for any golf this summer. It's just 30 minutes from my house. I have been up there to eat and drink at the Dickens Tavern and eat Georgia Boys BBQ. Anyway the snow has pretty much melted here since my last post about it. If it's half warm Sat it may be clear enough Sun. You ever been down to Coyote Creek in Ft. Lupton? That's where I play 80% of the time. There and the Ranch CC, my parents live there.

Pro V1, just to be on topic .

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've been using the Bridgestone 330RX for a couple of years and I loved the combination of low spin off the tee and still having a bit of bite on the greens. I noticed that the new 2012 model looked (different dimples) and performed a little different and I wasn't happy. I realized that I had a dozen of the older model in my locker, I used them, and there is definitiely a difference. The newer model spins way too much off the tee.

I always liked the Pro V1 so I may go back and give the newer one a try. Pricey, but there is no doubt that the ball makes a difference. I play with so many guys who just play with balls that they find on the course and they are really cheating themselves.

Bill M

Originally Posted by phan52

I've been using the Bridgestone 330RX for a couple of years and I loved the combination of low spin off the tee and still having a bit of bite on the greens. I noticed that the new 2012 model looked (different dimples) and performed a little different and I wasn't happy. I realized that I had a dozen of the older model in my locker, I used them, and there is definitiely a difference. The newer model spins way too much off the tee.

I always liked the Pro V1 so I may go back and give the newer one a try. Pricey, but there is no doubt that the ball makes a difference. I play with so many guys who just play with balls that they find on the course and they are really cheating themselves.

Ever hit the B330 or the S?  Staightest tee shots I've ever hit and consistent distance.  Good in the wind as well. Bit higher compression than the RX though.  Very similar to the V1x.

Originally Posted by phan52

I was using the older 330-S and the 330RXS and I too noticed a difference when I tried the newer dual dimple 330. Strangely I didn't mind it when I tried the E6 but I wasn't crazy about what it did to the 330 balls. And yeah it's nuts to just hit what you find. I've tried some truly abysmal balls found on the course. Every time out I find a few, to date I haven't kept any I don't usually play after trying them. I either give them to the guys in the pro shop to add to the used balls being offered for sale or I chip them into the lake or OB if things are slow.

I was using the older 330-S and the 330RXS and I too noticed a difference when I tried the newer dual dimple 330. Strangely I didn't mind it when I tried the E6 but I wasn't crazy about what it did to the 330 balls.

Maybe I should hold my applause for the B330 until I try the new version.

Originally Posted by Datsyuk

Maybe I should hold my applause for the B330 until I try the new version.

Yeah who knows, could be in my head. I thought the yellow E6 felt different from the white E6.

There is a noticeable difference for the new B330's, but I only noticed it with a 6 iron or longer. Not much more spin anywhere else, which makes me wonder why they changed it in the first place anyways.

My bag:

Strangely I didn't make it to Longmont for any golf this summer. It's just 30 minutes from my house. I have been up there to eat and drink at the Dickens Tavern and eat Georgia Boys BBQ. Anyway the snow has pretty much melted here since my last post about it. If it's half warm Sat it may be clear enough Sun. You ever been down to Coyote Creek in Ft. Lupton? That's where I play 80% of the time. There and the Ranch CC, my parents live there.

Pro V1, just to be on topic .

I've played Coyote Creek, it's a pretty nice course. Georgia Boys is pretty good though, definitely worth the drive.

On an on topic sidenote, the new B330 does seem to have more spin from about the 6 iron up for me. I noticed it when I was trying a few I found on the course, and one had the double dimples, while the other two didn't.

My bag:

I've played Coyote Creek, it's a pretty nice course. Georgia Boys is pretty good though, definitely worth the drive.

On an on topic sidenote, the new B330 does seem to have more spin from about the 6 iron up for me. I noticed it when I was trying a few I found on the course, and one had the double dimples, while the other two didn't.

Like I mentioned the dual dimples didn't affect the E6. I bought a box of those and they were long and straight. I would have stopped looking but I found some Pro V1's and was impressed with the feel and distance. It may sound odd I hadn't tried any previously but this is my first year back to golf since at least 1999. I'm not sure when I stopped but I haven't owned clubs since 1999. I did play a few scrambles with rented sticks during the layoff but I'm not counting that as golf. I honestly don't remember what ball I played before and everything changed from 1999-2012, so many new brands I didn't know where to start. I sucked so bad from April-June it wouldn't have mattered anyway. I played a lot before, started with junior golf in the 70's, played on the high school team etc, so once I developed a swing it all came back. It didn't take long to feel the massive differences in balls.

I like Coyote Creek because it's cheap and 5 minutes from my house. Not the best course in the area but I can usually walk on and not see another person on thecourse. Nearly bought a house that backed to #7 fairway but Ft. Lupton isn't for me. Brighton is too small for me, being further away from the city would be tough. I'd bail on Brighton if I didn't work here.

Anyone tried the used or refurbished PV1?

Yes....I play these exclusively. I buy them from lostgolfballs.com - 50 balls at AAAAA quality for roughly $93.....heulluva a deal if you can deal with random logos and the occasional minor personal markings. I haven't noticed any issues with performance.

In the bag:

TaylorMade R11 Driver (10.5 stiff stock shaft)

TaylorMade R11 3wood (15 degree stiff stock shaft)

Adams IdeaPro 3i hybrid (20 degree)

Titleist DCI 4-PW (photo)

Cleveland CG15 wedges (52, 56, 60)

Odyssey White-Hot 2-Ball (Superstroke oversize grip)

Bushnell Tour V2 Rangefinder

Ping Hoofer 2012 Bag

Originally Posted by showtime583

Yes....I play these exclusively. I buy them from lostgolfballs.com - 50 balls at AAAAA quality for roughly $93.....heulluva a deal if you can deal with random logos and the occasional minor personal markings. I haven't noticed any issues with performance.

Thanks. I looked at that site a few days ago. Logos don't bother me but I'm not crazy about sizable Sharpie marks. Still for the money worth dealing with a few ugly balls.

I like Coyote Creek because it's cheap and 5 minutes from my house. Not the best course in the area but I can usually walk on and not see another person on thecourse. Nearly bought a house that backed to #7 fairway but Ft. Lupton isn't for me. Brighton is too small for me, being further away from the city would be tough. I'd bail on Brighton if I didn't work here.

Surprising. I personally can't stand living in the city, mainly because I grew up on 32 acres out in a no-man's land. Isn't it always the best though when you're alone on the entire course, with nobody to rush you or start cursing about their bad shot?

My bag:

Ah yes, I had forgotten about the cost of the ProV1's!

To be honest I dont use new ones (unless I find them on the course) but get mine off Ebay or trawl the local car boot sales. The last car boot I went to I picked up a dozen Pro V1's that some chap had collected at a local course. All nice and newish and at 10p each they wont kill my bank balance :)

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Surprising. I personally can't stand living in the city, mainly because I grew up on 32 acres out in a no-man's land. Isn't it always the best though when you're alone on the entire course, with nobody to rush you or start cursing about their bad shot?

I love it. That's why I made CC my home course. Previously I'd been driving down to Hyland Hills. That's where I learned to golf in the 70's so I have an attachment to the place. Though I'd hang at Todd Creek or Buffalo Run if they weren't so crowded. I really like the restaurant at Buffalo Run.

I've been hitting ProV1s exclusively for about four months now, and I love them. I have a low trajectory, and nothing gets up as quick or gets as high for me as those. Very workable, very long, and they stick to the greens all the way through the bag. As mentioned above, they are pretty pricey, but a local store here in Jax sells ProV1 practice balls for $28/dozen. Same ball, just with "PRACTICE" stamped on the side. I spring for the regulars if I'm playing a tournament, but other than that I play the practice version.

I'm not going left or right of those trees, ok? I'm going over those trees...with a little draw.

Note: This thread is 3881 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!