IGNORED

Donald Trump Challenges Obama.... Stephen Colbert responds with a counter!

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 4182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Harmonious

Aha, I knew it!....Mr. Desmond is actually David Axelrod!

Arrgh!

What gave it away?

Back to Chicago today...

Personally, I don't want a return to the Bush years. I see Romney and this GOP as more radical than Bush - more backwards -  socially and economically. It's a return to the factors that caused the recession and a greater concentration of wealth in the hands of fewer people - which causes economic malaise. There is a balance between too much and too little government. We need to find reasonable ground again.

An Obama win is a rejection of the radical right, and hopefully, an eventual return to more agreeable government in the long run - there is too much intransigence now, and not enough of let's see where we agree.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The devil you know is better than the devil you don't? What has Obama done except raise the national debt more than anyone else ever in history? Obamacare? Is that all hes done? Whoopty doo why are we gonna give this guy four more years to put us further into debt. Who is most of the debt owed to? Japan is a lot of it but almost all of the debt is owed to us the citizens of the United States. Obama had his chance. "FOrward" at what pace a snail's pace that accomplishes nothing and leaks money all over the path? Give me a break. It is a sad state of affairs that the best the Republicans could come up with is a guy that is still 2% behind Obama any real candidate should have mopped the floor with Obama he has been absolutely terrible. [quote name="Mr. Desmond" url="/t/62889/donald-trump-challenges-obama-stephen-colbert-responds-with-a-counter/72#post_782672"]Arrgh! What gave it away? Back to Chicago today... ;-) Personally, I don't want a return to the Bush years. I see Romney and this GOP as more radical than Bush - more backwards -  socially and economically. It's a return to the factors that caused the recession and a greater concentration of wealth in the hands of fewer people - which causes economic malaise. There is a balance between too much and too little government. We need to find reasonable ground again. An Obama win is a rejection of the radical right, and hopefully, an eventual return to more agreeable government in the long run - there is too much intransigence now, and not enough of let's see where we agree. [/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Originally Posted by Phil McGleno

The devil you know is better than the devil you don't? What has Obama done except raise the national debt more than anyone else ever in history? Obamacare? Is that all hes done? Whoopty doo why are we gonna give this guy four more years to put us further into debt. Who is most of the debt owed to? Japan is a lot of it but almost all of the debt is owed to us the citizens of the United States.

Obama had his chance. "FOrward" at what pace a snail's pace that accomplishes nothing and leaks money all over the path? Give me a break.

It is a sad state of affairs that the best the Republicans could come up with is a guy that is still 2% behind Obama any real candidate should have mopped the floor with Obama he has been absolutely terrible.

Actually, we know Romney - it's Bush II with a push to the right. It's fairly evident. All Bush did was raise our national debt, too, and fight two wars, and decrease the tax rate, all at the same time, during a stable economic time.

Go to http://whattheheckhasobamadonesofar.com

to find out what Obama has done - in a humorous way.

We've been over this before, but Obama took office when credit markets were frozen - manufacturing, banking, and the stock market had collapsed at the same. No one was hiring or spending, and no one was giving out credit. Do you understand the choices? Austerity was tried in Europe and failed. It is still failing, which is why the GOP only whispers about it now. The stimulus that Obama chose did work to help a slow recovery - we are better situated than Europe. Spending increases when the Feds give money to the state for unemployment and pays out entitlements - that spending decreases when people are employed and government revenues increase with more employment. Has Obama made mistakes? Heck, yeah. But he has decreased his mistakes over the last year. He still doesn't talk about the issues and is not daring enough in terms of reform.

The problem is his opponent and the GOP. They have not made their case. They say the world will be rosy when you elect them. But they have NO plan. Their plan is "Trust in Business." The problem is that business and government partnered together to cause our economic mess. Business without regulation equals abuse.

I think Obama deserves 4 additional years to attempt change. Romney is not change - he and his Party are back to the past - which put us in this recent mess. We don't need to revisit failed policies. I'm suggesting slow progress is better than rapid backsliding.

And if both parties cooperated in governing, we'd have a faster recovery.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

WHat a jerk that Bush was fighting a war against the people that FLEW ****ING PLANES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER TOWERS. Maybe he should have just written them a stern note and apologized for the buildings and people for getting in the way of their sightseeing tour of New York and the Pentagon. In my book you'd have to do a helluva lot of good to overcome the FOUR LARGEST DEFICITS EVER and Obama didn't even come close to doing a lot of good. Just bad. Oh goodness. Wealthy people pay more taxes than anyone and small business employ a ton of people. Get some facts of your own.[quote name="Mr. Desmond" url="/t/62889/donald-trump-challenges-obama-stephen-colbert-responds-with-a-counter/72#post_782691"]Actually, we know Romney - it's Bush II with a push to the right. It's fairly evident. All Bush did was raise our national debt, too, and fight two wars, and decrease the tax rate, all at the same time, during a stable economic time.[/quote]

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

WHat a jerk that Bush was fighting a war against the people that FLEW ****ING PLANES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER TOWERS. Maybe he should have just written them a stern note and apologized for the buildings and people for getting in the way of their sightseeing tour of New York and the Pentagon. In my book you'd have to do a helluva lot of good to overcome the FOUR LARGEST DEFICITS EVER and Obama didn't even come close to doing a lot of good. Just bad. Oh goodness. Wealthy people pay more taxes than anyone and small business employ a ton of people. Get some facts of your own.

Sadam was behind 911?

And, George W inherited the largest surplus ever and took us to the brink of depression.

dak4n6

WHat a jerk that Bush was fighting a war against the people that FLEW ****ING PLANES INTO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER TOWERS. Maybe he should have just written them a stern note and apologized for the buildings and people for getting in the way of their sightseeing tour of New York and the Pentagon. In my book you'd have to do a helluva lot of good to overcome the FOUR LARGEST DEFICITS EVER and Obama didn't even come close to doing a lot of good. Just bad. Oh goodness. Wealthy people pay more taxes than anyone and small business employ a ton of people. Get some facts of your own.

Actually, my understanding was that he flew those people back home (something about them being old family friends) and then attacked Iraq. But then again, I'm from Canada and don't get FOX news on my local cable provider so I could be wrong.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Stick to teaching golf, because you failed history.

Originally Posted by geauxforbroke

Soooo tired of the election. Many dead horses have been thoroughly beaten. Can we just all vote and move on?

This has nothing to do with the election. This is entertainment. Do you think the Donald did this with the expectation of an answer? He did this because the new season of his TV show is imminent. And people like Colbert get a boost from this as well by pointing out Trump's stupidity.

I feel stupid and contagious.

Here we are now, entertain us.

Bill M

Oh bullshit. George inherited a budget surplus. We still had a national ****ing debt. And yeah, getting Saddam was such a terrible thing. The world is a better place with Saddam gone. All Obama did was take a small deficit and turn it into a HUGE ****ING DEFICIT. Real great. Tax and spend liberals for ya. [VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v;=fHNBr3PZQaE[/VIDEO] [quote name="dak4n6" url="/t/62889/donald-trump-challenges-obama-stephen-colbert-responds-with-a-counter/72#post_783091"] Sadam was behind 911? And, George W inherited the largest surplus ever and took us to the brink of depression. [/quote]

Oh bullshit. George inherited a budget surplus. We still had a national ****ing debt. And yeah, getting Saddam was such a terrible thing. The world is a better place with Saddam gone.

All Obama did was take a small deficit and turn it into a HUGE ****ING DEFICIT. Real great. Tax and spend liberals for ya.

Stick with the teaching golf. Cuz you still got history all screwed up. And you did the 'NeoCon Slide' perfectly - when reminded Saddam wasn't responsible for 9/11, you 'slide' to 'He was a bad guy.'

Well sure he was. But we don't - or shouldn't - invade countries cuz their leaders are bad guys. Especially since that wasn't the rationale for invading Iraq. That was the excuse once their initial rationale was exposed to be a lie. WMD, remember? Mushroom clouds, remember? We got a bad guy sitting 90 miles off the coast of Florida...and he's still there after over 50 years. So drop the 'Saddam was a bad guy' excuse.

Obama inherited at TEN TRILLION deficit. If that's small, hate to see what you think is big.

He FLEW the bad guys home FFS. And went after the oil. Classic smoke and mirrors, bait and switch BS. Whatever, enjoy your perspective.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Screw you buddy. I didn't slide - I never said BOTH of the wars were from the guys flying ****ing planes into our citizens. You read into that because your liberal brain is too clouded with FORWARD to think for yourself. 10 trillion? Get some facts right. At this point, the debt has increased more in Obama's single term than in Bush's two. Oh, not convenient enough? Bummer and you think I rewrite history. Tax and spend, tax and spend. Wheeeeeeee. Obama owes you money. He owes me money. I hope he loses. If forward is in the same direction as he's been taking the country then I want to go backwards.[quote name="zipazoid" url="/t/62889/donald-trump-challenges-obama-stephen-colbert-responds-with-a-counter/72#post_783199"] Stick with the teaching golf. Cuz you still got history all screwed up. And you did the 'NeoCon Slide' perfectly - when reminded Saddam wasn't responsible for 9/11, you 'slide' to 'He was a bad guy.'  Well sure he was. But we don't - or shouldn't - invade countries cuz their leaders are bad guys. Especially since that wasn't the rationale for invading Iraq. That was the excuse once their initial rationale was exposed to be a lie. WMD, remember? Mushroom clouds, remember? We got a bad guy sitting 90 miles off the coast of Florida...and he's still there after over 50 years. So drop the 'Saddam was a bad guy' excuse.  Obama inherited at TEN TRILLION deficit. If that's small, hate to see what you think is big. [/quote]

• Administrator

Election's over. The end.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!