Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jcooper5083

Help needed urgently with decision

11 posts in this topic

Hi all,

you may have seen my earlier post on which you prefer out of the TM RBZ or R11 range as I am looking to upgrade and I now have a friend of a friend that works for people that know people at taylormade....blah blah blah and I have the opportunity of the below but need to make a decision tonight to get the order in and the clubs made otherwise I cant get them due to the Xmas period coming.

Please can you give me your advice ASAP on this?

FYI my swing is fairly fast, I currently play with TM R7 regular shaft and if anything I will slice the ball rather than draw it. My handicap is heading towards single figures but am currently having lessons to change my swing to have more stiff arms with more shoulder rotation and more extension on the follow through.

so I need to know which set you would go for and what shafts you recommend, stick with regular or go stiff?

Your help is greatly appreciate:

RBZ:

Irons 5 - PW

DRIVER

WOODS 3 and 5

RESCUE

R11s:

Irons 5 - PW

DRIVER

WOODS 3 and 5

RESCUE

The price difference is £30 more for the R11s set and in total the price is less than half the cost in the shops/online so don't want to miss this opportunity. Also if you had the choice between a 3 and 5 wood which would you choose?

Many thanks all

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

Personally, I'd go with the R11s.  The reason is I have hit both - and the RBZ is decent, but I like the R11s line better.  The question I have is why aren't you hitting both - and making the decision on your own?

If you swing 'fast' - I'm assuming you have decent club head - and swing speed?  Again - a big assumption.  Without knowing your actual swing speed - I'd order stiff shafts.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Personally, I'd go with the R11s.  The reason is I have hit both - and the RBZ is decent, but I like the R11s line better.  The question I have is why aren't you hitting both - and making the decision on your own?

If you swing 'fast' - I'm assuming you have decent club head - and swing speed?  Again - a big assumption.  Without knowing your actual swing speed - I'd order stiff shafts.

I know what you are saying about making the decision myself - I had planned to go to my local American golf shop to try these clubs and other brands out but then this offer came along and scuppered my plans a bit so needed to make a decision as cant let this offer go.

Like I said the cost for all this is well under half price and they are being made and coming directly from the factory.

You are correct - fast head speed, I dont know exact speed but the coach says it is fast

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by jcooper5083

I know what you are saying about making the decision myself - I had planned to go to my local American golf shop to try these clubs and other brands out but then this offer came along and scuppered my plans a bit so needed to make a decision as cant let this offer go.

Like I said the cost for all this is well under half price and they are being made and coming directly from the factory.

You are correct - fast head speed, I dont know exact speed but the coach says it is fast


Why don't you still go to AG and try both sets, with regular and stiff shafts, and make your own comparison. You don't have to buy them just 'cos you tried them.

Just tell AG you are looking to upgrade and need help making your decision.

Then go away "and have a (theoretical) think about it", once you've hit them.

You will then have a real idea as to which set you need to buy from whoever.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by Datsyuk

Wait for the R13 in black.

Taylormade already stated the R13 or whatever it will be called is white too.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Taylormade already stated the R13 or whatever it will be called is white too.

Too bad.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by jcooper5083

Hi all,

you may have seen my earlier post on which you prefer out of the TM RBZ or R11 range as I am looking to upgrade and I now have a friend of a friend that works for people that know people at taylormade....blah blah blah and I have the opportunity of the below but need to make a decision tonight to get the order in and the clubs made otherwise I cant get them due to the Xmas period coming.

Please can you give me your advice ASAP on this?

FYI my swing is fairly fast, I currently play with TM R7 regular shaft and if anything I will slice the ball rather than draw it. My handicap is heading towards single figures but am currently having lessons to change my swing to have more stiff arms with more shoulder rotation and more extension on the follow through.

so I need to know which set you would go for and what shafts you recommend, stick with regular or go stiff?

Your help is greatly appreciate:

RBZ:

Irons 5 - PW

DRIVER

WOODS 3 and 5

RESCUE

R11s:

Irons 5 - PW

DRIVER

WOODS 3 and 5

RESCUE

The price difference is £30 more for the R11s set and in total the price is less than half the cost in the shops/online so don't want to miss this opportunity. Also if you had the choice between a 3 and 5 wood which would you choose?

Many thanks all

Tough call -

When unable to decide and the needed forgiveness is close, which look better to you?

Personally, I like the RBZ line, as long as you're talking the RBZ irons that are decent looking and not the Max.

Get the 5 wood first, then the 3 wd.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the responses people.

I cant wait for the R13 range as I will not have this offer of getting all this equipment for under £500 made brand new from the factory.....so based on what you said I managed to get him to give me 1 more day to make a decision, went to my local American golf and tried out the RBZ and R11s range in both stiff and regular shafts and have ordered the following:

R11s Driver 10.5 degree, Fairway 4 wood, Rescue and 5 - 9 irons + PW & SW with stiff shafts.

I found these really suited my swing and style best offering the best range of adjustments of the loft etc.

They are currently being made as we speak and I will have them in 3 weeks

Thanks all for your advice.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Originally Posted by jcooper5083

Thanks for the responses people.

I cant wait for the R13 range as I will not have this offer of getting all this equipment for under £500 made brand new from the factory.....so based on what you said I managed to get him to give me 1 more day to make a decision, went to my local American golf and tried out the RBZ and R11s range in both stiff and regular shafts and have ordered the following:

R11s Driver 10.5 degree, Fairway 4 wood, Rescue and 5 - 9 irons + PW & SW with stiff shafts.

I found these really suited my swing and style best offering the best range of adjustments of the loft etc.

They are currently being made as we speak and I will have them in 3 weeks

Thanks all for your advice.


Enjoy your new toys when they arrive and let us know how you get on with them please.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0