IGNORED

December 16th SoCal Golfers golf tourney- now sponsored by Callaway Golf ;-)

agoodmanmbk
Note: This thread is 4120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

hey guys hopefully all of you can meet up and play lets set it up

• Upvote 2

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

Driver: :tmade: RBZ 9.5*

Hybrid: :callaway: XHot 18* Pro

Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0 5-PW, AW

Wedge: :callaway: Mack Daddy 2 Tour 58*

Putter: :odyssey: Protype Black #9

Ball: :callaway: SuperSoft

im in

Bag: Ogio Ozone XX

Driver: :titleist: 910 D2 (Project X 7A3)

3 Wood: :titleist: 910F ;(Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana 'ahina 82)

Hybrid: :titleist: 909H 19* (Diamana Blue)

Irons: :titleist: 755 3-P (Tri Spec Stiff Flex Steel)

Wedges: :titleist: (Vokey 52* 56* 60*)

Putter: Ping Karsten Anser 2

Balls: :titleist: Nxt tour/ Prov1x

Originally Posted by Pakoh

My goal is to take down Beachcomber!  Game on buddy!

Sounds like fun! I'm imagining this is going to be the first tee box when Pakoh and I go head to head!

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

in

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

incase somebody wasnt in the last thread I think we decided on playing mile square golf course in fountain valley

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

in case somebody wasn't in the last thread I think we decided on playing mile square golf course in fountain valley

Yep.  Milesquare is good for me.  Decent course, fair price, and pretty centrally located for the Socal guys.

Note, lets make this happen.  Course is selected, date is selected and we already have enough guys for at least 2 threesomes.  Would be great to add more peeps too.

For guys that can't make this... We will do it again.  Maybe we can pick a different area like LA or Inland Empire - or even further south to get attendance from various guys?  But lets keep it simple for this first outing and go with Milesquare on the 16th.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Sounds like fun! I'm imagining this is going to be the first tee box when Pakoh and I go head to head!

Hey, now that you mention it ... I do see the resemblance to Poulter.  I think next time at Golfsmith you gotta buy yourself a visor like that.

Originally Posted by Jimdangles

incase somebody wasnt in the last thread I think we decided on playing mile square golf course in fountain valley

Yes, but somebody also mentioned that they think Mile Square might be difficult to get several tee times.  Personally, I am flexible location wise, less flexible time wise.  Mile Square is first choice, but if it's unavailable, I'm fine with the Fullerton option, or RSJ (if we have to).  I think Tristan is coming from Coachella area so I'd also be OK pushing that direction if need be.

Goose Creek, Eagle Glen, Black Gold, whatever.

Not trying to back us up or throw a monkey wrench into the plans, just trying to open up options so if Mile Square falls through we don't have to give up.

so question is who knows the best way to get all of us on a specific tee time on the date early in the day? im not too savy with planning tee times.

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

we have seven if my math is right

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Hey, now that you mention it ... I do see the resemblance to Poulter.  I think next time at Golfsmith you gotta buy yourself a visor like that.

Yes, but somebody also mentioned that they think Mile Square might be difficult to get several tee times.  Personally, I am flexible location wise, less flexible time wise.  Mile Square is first choice, but if it's unavailable, I'm fine with the Fullerton option, or RSJ (if we have to).  I think Tristan is coming from Coachella area so I'd also be OK pushing that direction if need be.

Not trying to back us up or throw a monkey wrench into the plans, just trying to open up options so if Mile Square falls through we don't have to give up.

absolutely. So cal has many great courses to offer. I do like mile square though as the price is great for the course.

Originally Posted by agoodmanmbk

so question is who knows the best way to get all of us on a specific tee time on the date early in the day? im not too savy with planning tee times.

Call the course and request a block of tee times for two foursomes.  See what they say.  It looks like we could get 8 guys... And if the list grows, add another foursome to the mix.

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Goose Creek is a great course.  Eagle Glen is solid too - but I like Goose Creek out of the two.  I haven't played Black Gold yet... Milesquare should be first option IMO.  But if they are unwilling to work with us on allocating a set of tee times... Then we look at one of the back-ups.

agoodmanmbk... Are you doing the heavy lifting and getting the tee times?  If so, maybe let them know we are from this site... Tell them we are going to write a review on the course.  Perhaps they will be a little more flexible with times?

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

agoodmanmbk... Are you doing the heavy lifting and getting the tee times?  If so, maybe let them know we are from this site... Tell them we are going to write a review on the course.  Perhaps they will be a little more flexible with times?

Good idea Beach.

Also, didn't one of you mention bringing a couple of other people with you?  If so, we might be at 8 or 9 by now.

EDIT:  It was Lihu that said that, but from the other thread.  He hasn't checked in on this one yet.  So if he's in, and brings two with him, that puts us at 9 I think.

Right now, I count 6.

Agoodman

Jim

Beach

Tristan

Pakoh

myself

just called and left a message with the tourney director.  Lady at the pro shop said it is very likely they have availiblity, but they require a deposit for a group outings like this. Not sure how much, prolly depends on the size of the group.

I will let you know what the tourney director says when he calls back.

I live close to the course so i can assist with making this happen... but, I am extremely busy with work this month so if anyone else wants to help out that would be awesome.

thanks*

Note: This thread is 4120 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!