IGNORED

Organized Practice Sessions

Beachcomber
Note: This thread is 4083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi guys, I use Rancho's practice area all the time and do a lot of formalized practice.  If you ever want to join me, feel free to post or send me a message.  I'd be happy to film your swing, or comment on anything that I see.

I'm actually going over to practice tonight.

Best,

Shawn

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am there all the time.  I live right around the corner.  Let me know when you go.  I usually prop my camera up on my bag to film ahah.  I would be happy to film ya as well.

Im picking up my new driver tomorrow and going to hit it this weekend.  Usually i go on week days after work (around 6pm) and weekends durring the day.

Let me know when you are going.

Originally Posted by Avant

I am there all the time.  I live right around the corner.  Let me know when you go.  I usually prop my camera up on my bag to film ahah.  I would be happy to film ya as well.

Im picking up my new driver tomorrow and going to hit it this weekend.  Usually i go on week days after work (around 6pm) and weekends durring the day.

Let me know when you are going.

That's hilarious ... you guys have probably crossed paths several times without even knowing it.  Heck, you might even be an "extra" in one of Beach's myswing videos.

I always figure that everytime I'm at a busy range, that one of those people must have heard of TST, and maybe is even a member.  Then again, maybe not.  I'm always wondering when somebody will see my "Sandtrap" alignment sticks, or my ball mark, and recognize them.

I was going to go tonight with the driver I was supposed to buy.  I went to purchase the 913 and brought my current driver (burner 2.0 cut to 44" with Motore F1 Shaft) and compared the numbers on the monitor to the 913.  The 913 didn't really come close to my current driver.  I had a much better ball flight, lower spin, longer carry and longer average distance with my driver.  And im able to shape the ball a lot better.  I was kind of bummed cause i wanted to get titleist driver to match my new titleist irons.  :(

I am going to go to the range tomorrow at like 6pm if anyone is there.  Also playing at 6am and 1137am on sunday at RJS

Originally Posted by Avant

I was going to go tonight with the driver I was supposed to buy.  I went to purchase the 913 and brought my current driver (burner 2.0 cut to 44" with Motore F1 Shaft) and compared the numbers on the monitor to the 913.  The 913 didn't really come close to my current driver.  I had a much better ball flight, lower spin, longer carry and longer average distance with my driver.  And im able to shape the ball a lot better.  I was kind of bummed cause i wanted to get titleist driver to match my new titleist irons.  :(

I am going to go to the range tomorrow at like 6pm if anyone is there.  Also playing at 6am and 1137am on sunday at RJS

Avant, I'll meet you at the range tonight at 6.  I'll send you a text to confirm.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Avant, I'll meet you at the range tonight at 6.  I'll send you a text to confirm.

Don't forget your beanies and perhaps two gloves ... it's effing cold (for so cal at least ) out there right now.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by Golfingdad

Don't forget your beanies and perhaps two gloves ... it's effing cold (for so cal at least ) out there right now.

yeah!  i miss the warmer weather already.  I hate having to wear long sleeves when i play!

• 2 months later...

Looks like you're gonna have to use a different range for a bit Beach....

Quote:

Rancho San Joaquin Golf Course is very excited to announce a complete renovation to our driving range! Starting Tuesday, February 19th, 2013 the entire Learning Center will be closed for approximately 4 weeks.

Changes will include a complete overhaul of the landing area, two additional target greens, grass turf, and many other amenities upgrades.

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Originally Posted by jefkve

Shoot ... I'm gonna have to make my way up there to see what it looks like when they're done.

And hopefully, Lake Forest's driving range is next up on American's list of renovations.  That place needs it almost just as badly!

Originally Posted by jefkve

Yeah, they changed the date to the 19th.  Originally they had a sign posted that they were going to close the range on 2/4... And I went over on 2/5 just to see what they were doing and it was open.  But the sign hadn't changed... So I wasn't sure what was going to happen.  Then I went back tonight and sure enough, they updated the sign and it now reads 2/19.

I just hope they don't raise the prices! LOL

Oh, and it was cold as hell tonight.  The first 10+ balls felt like rocks.

I'm curious how you can film at Rancho Park. I just got a camera capable of recording faster than 30 fps, and I don't think I can get the facing view done at that practice facility.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Originally Posted by Shindig

I'm curious how you can film at Rancho Park. I just got a camera capable of recording faster than 30 fps, and I don't think I can get the facing view done at that practice facility.

lol ... Beach never specified but he's talking about Rancho San Joaquin in Irvine.  I'm not sure how he gets FO there either, as you need a few open stalls in front of you to do it, and that place is usually packed. :)

I use the Go Pro Hero 3, mounted onto a tripod. The field of view is wide, so you can set it in the stall next to you. When mounted at chest height, it doesn't pick up the shank guard.

lol ... Beach never specified but he's talking about Rancho San Joaquin in Irvine.  I'm not sure how he gets FO there either, as you need a few open stalls in front of you to do it, and that place is usually packed. :)

That makes much more sense. I'm sure at non-peak hours it's very possible to film there.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 4083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!