IGNORED

2013 Driver Thread

Note: This thread is 4051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hell, I'm just gettin' into the year 2010. :~(

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Originally Posted by Mr. Desmond

Don't know about this new model but on the razor fit, you could do metrosexual colors.

joking - has anyone hit the Razr-Fit?

The feel of the Hawk was dreadful. How did they improve the feel of the Fit?

I have the RAZR Fit in my bag... And like it.  I was playing the TM R11 TP before.  With the same exact Blur 65g shaft in stiff... The major differences between the RAZR Fit and the R11 TP is the following:

1.) R11 was 9* and I had to go to a 10.5* head in the Callaway to get similar launch numbers.

2.) R11 is louder sound wise... Not sure if that is good?  Not a negative for the Callaway

3.) The main reason I have the RAZR Fit in the bag is my dispersion is tighter with the Callaway over the TM R11.... The only thing I can equate this to is that the RAZR Fit head feels a little heavier than the R11?

I don't have side by side Trackman numbers to compare... Something I'd like to get.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I have the RAZR Fit in my bag... And like it.  I was playing the TM R11 TP before.  With the same exact Blur 65g shaft in stiff... The major differences between the RAZR Fit and the R11 TP is the following:

1.) R11 was 9* and I had to go to a 10.5* head in the Callaway to get similar launch numbers.

2.) R11 is louder sound wise... Not sure if that is good?  Not a negative for the Callaway

3.) The main reason I have the RAZR Fit in the bag is my dispersion is tighter with the Callaway over the TM R11.... The only thing I can equate this to is that the RAZR Fit head feels a little heavier than the R11?

I don't have side by side Trackman numbers to compare... Something I'd like to get.

I've wanted to get Callaway Drivers. But when I buy them, they are gone within a few months - my last two were an FT-5 and then the Razr Hawk.

I must be getting older, because I like to fall in love with a club head now - not only the looks, but the balance, the weight, and the shaft. How it feels when I twirl it in my hands on the tee. How much fun it will be taking it to the tee.

Gheez, sounds like I'm dating my Driver...

I need to start dating again ... soon.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Definitely excited to try the Covert.

i tried the Ping Anser already, and I thought it was underwhelming. I swear, Ping never made a driver as good the Rapture, before or after. Then again, few have. I could never get rid of my Rapture.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Ping Answer!

have to agree on this one- I fitted myself for it yesterday next to a 913, I20, G20, and R11s and it was by far the best for me! Hit it today and its an amazing club- Low spin, good numbers and accurate! Love it

In the bag-

Driver- Ping Anser 9.5  Diamana Ahina
3 Wood-RBZ tour 15
Hybrid-RBZ tour 4 Irons-  Ping I20s 4-GW with soft stepped X100sWedges 58 and 54 SM4s with soft stepped X100s Putter- Ping TR Senita

Save yourself about 3-400 bones and try a Mizuno MP600. You want low spin and long? Don't look forward or back. I shit you not. ;-)

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker

My advice? Get yourself a Cleveland Classic driver. It will never look like "last year's model". After all, it's a "classic" design. All the other "new" drivers are designed to look obsolete in a year, for the sole purpose to shame you into buying a new model.

I'm still playing my 5 year old X460, simply because the newest and greatest since, do not impress RESULT wise..... the last 4 or so years the companies are just polishing a turd....IMO.

the shaft is what makes it for me...not the colour, sound, looks etc etc.

for me, nothing has out played the X460, so i wont change, plus the X460 has become part of my arm.

NOW...that Cleveland does excite me, i had a hit with it in the nets and it is the only club that may persuade me to let the X460 go.

i want to try it on the range first......and also wait for the Callaway Raz 2013.

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

I'll start off...

Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 2013 driver.

I met with one of the guys from Callaway last week in San Diego, he assured that their 2013 RAZ Fit Xtreme driver will be the longest driver they have ever made.  From the pictures he showed me, it looks pretty interesting.  Unfortunately, he didn't have a club he could show me in person, but doing a little searching online, pictures are starting to surface about this next generation driver.

I'm currently gaming the 2012 RAZR Fit and really like the performance of it.  I've been a TaylorMade guy in the past, but the RAZR Fit just had tighter dispersion than my previous drivers... Without sacrificing distance.  I hope the 2013 model is similar - but longer as I could always use more distance.

Just started this thread, more to come

http://thesandtrap.com/t/63194/callaway-introduces-2013-razr-fit-xtreme-driver

2013 is going to be a great year for equipment, especially in the driver category.  Great job with this thread Beach.  Callaway is making a comeback with their latest products, Xtreme driver, X Forged irons and their marketing and R&D; teams are reinvigorated.

Titleist IMO has the best drivers they've ever produced.  Previous D2 driver have been too spinny for most of their players which is why you saw the D3 being so popular with the tour players.  But not everyone likes that compact look at address and the 913 D2 is designed for players that want low spin with that profile look at address.  Also a lot of great shaft options, the Diamana and Aldila shafts are not "made for" shafts.

I'm currently testing the PING Anser and it's ANOTHER low spin option.  Just as low spinning from the testing I've done as the i20 driver.  Great looking driver.

I'm sure TaylorMade is getting ready to launch another driver or two for 2013.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Wonder are they selling the 913 Head only ?

What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Originally Posted by kevin.chan

Wonder are they selling the 913 Head only ?

NO.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I went out to Dick's sporting goods yesterday just to browse around and mess with the drivers.  I picked up several different models but I couldn't get over how good the 913 felt.  It just felt right. Unfortunately, the price tag atm is wrong for me lol.

Jeff

• 3 weeks later...
Quote:
The feel of the Hawk was dreadful. How did they improve the feel of the Fit?

While I am a new Golfer, " Caught the disease this past summer ", I started with a used Big Bertha. Quickly upgraded to a new Razr X Black and two months later had my swing analyzed and bought a Fit with a stiff shaft. I was spraying the razrX all over the place and suspected rightly that I needed a stiff shaft, so I got a whole new club, liked the adjustability. I hit the driver 240 to 260 now, about 20 yards further than the Razr X. I hit several drivers on the swing analyzer and for my swing at the time the Fit was the club for me.

I tried several clubs and the feel of the fit is as good as any of them, IMO.

I like the the Fit, but I would like to swing an Adams or a Ping driver to see how that feels.

In my bag....

Bombtech Grenade driver. 10.5* Aldila DVS60 stiff, 45"

Ping i20 irons, ProjectX5.5. 5 thru PW.

Tour Edge 3 Hybrid, Adams A7 4Hybrid

Titelist SM4 52-8. 56-12

Cleveland RTX 60-12 wedge.

Tour Edge xcg5 15* 3 Wood

Cheap crappy Wilson putter that works as well as anything for me.

It's a work in progress, I've only been playing for going on two years or so.

I traded in some 2010-2011 clubs paid some boot and scored a new Titleist D3 yesterday.  Yeah, I could have sold them for more probably, but it was easier.

I hope I chose the right stick and the D2 wasn't the right stick.  I was fitted at Edwin Watts in the booth.  the launch angle was better for me with the D3.  Both clubs felt great.  I still have a 910 D2 head as well, so I can go back if need be or merge them to a 913 D2 if I chose wrong.  I am reading all I can on the D2 vs D3  before I put it on the turf.  Just in case I need to go back to the 913 D2 before I hit it.

The slightly higher profile head is a positive for players that keep hits off "heel and toe" pretty well I think, in other words you keep in the sweet spot zone.  The D3 while not as wide as a D2, does have more vertical hitting area.  So if you tee it up a little high or a little low, it could be the better stick and if you want to be able to work the ball more, and not have a draw bias..

The key is confidence.  whatever driver you put in your hand should add confidence.  We all need it when standing up at that pretty tight fairway where we need driver!

Doug

I picked up a 913D2 just before Thanksgiving. Over the last couple of years I've had a bunch of drivers (always looking for magic one), Callaway Razr fit, TM Rocketballz, TM R11S, Ping G20, Cleveland Classic, Titleist 910D2. Of the list the G20 is the only one that I still have. I bought the 913 at Edwin Watts and tried a couple of the shafts at the store, but the told me I could play with the shaft I picked and if I didn't like it I could swap it for one of the other shafts. A couple of the guys that worked there were playing the Bassara 50 shaft and loved it, so after hitting a few balls that's what I went with. No regrets, picked up 5-10 yards over the R11S I was playing and much easier to hit, very forgiving on mis-hits. This one is staying in the bag.

I have the 2012 Cobra AMP driver and wouldn't think of getting rid of it..... BUT, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the AMP Cell driver.  One driver head, and it is adjustable for lofts of 8.5°, 9.5°, 9.5° draw, 10.5°, 10.5° draw, and 11.5°.  The AMP Cell Pro can be adjusted to 7.5°, 8.5°, 8.5° fade, 9.5°, 9.5° fade, and 10.5°.  And the loft adjustments are decoupled from face angle.

I do love my AMP driver, but can't wait to try one of these.  I really like the one with the silver head and sole.  I'm sure after they have been out awhile and the prices have came down, I'll pick one up.

Originally Posted by glock35ipsc

I have the 2012 Cobra AMP driver and wouldn't think of getting rid of it..... BUT, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the AMP Cell driver.  One driver head, and it is adjustable for lofts of 8.5°, 9.5°, 9.5° draw, 10.5°, 10.5° draw, and 11.5°.  The AMP Cell Pro can be adjusted to 7.5°, 8.5°, 8.5° fade, 9.5°, 9.5° fade, and 10.5°.  And the loft adjustments are decoupled from face angle.

I do love my AMP driver, but can't wait to try one of these.  I really like the one with the silver head and sole.  I'm sure after they have been out awhile and the prices have came down, I'll pick one up.

It will be mine.

Dave :-)

One person  may hit the 913 longer then the new razr extreme and vice versa, I have the 913 and Razr fit and Tour authentic and I myself am excited to try Nike's new driver and the new extreme to see what the results show!

• 3 months later...

Just picked up the Razr Fit Tour Authentic for less than a retail X Hot. The Project X shaft just killed the Razr Xtreme Bowtie. The PX is a great fit and while I didn't pick up a lot over my Diablo Octane Tour, it has some options with a 9 way adjustable face/loft and a full weighting kit. I have it set at .5 degree open with the weights set at 6g heel and 8g toe for a slight fade bias. I cut it to 45" and it plays to a D4 from a stock D7. I have hit the TM, Titleist, Ping, etc. but this one took the prize. I did hit a Cleveland on the range the other day and I was also impressed.  At this point I think everything is maxed out so its all about getting your numbers right. The best thing about the TA is the solid black crown and the black face. Slick!

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 4051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!