IGNORED

Interview for Range Attendant. Attire Question!

Graves1000
Note: This thread is 4173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi Everyone. Just joined and I need help before tomorrow at 12:30. I've got an interview with a course for the position of Range Attendant. I need your opinions on what to wear. I was thinking of Khaki pants and a Polo shirt. Some I talk to say that's great, others suggest a dress shirt and tie I'm currently at college and do not have a dress shirt and tie in my wardrobe. I guess my question is, is it worth showing up for? I do not want to look like a fool. Any help is appreciated. Especially Course employees. Thanks! PS I do not golf. Or frequent courses very much. If you could not tell. Thanks.

What kind of course is it? If it is a private or upscale public course, a shirt and tie would not be out of place. I would think a polo shirt and khakis would be fine in most cases.

My Rule for how to dress in interviews:  If you aren't sure what to wear always over dress.  So in this cause, I would wear shirt/tie with some slacks.

Jeff

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Assuming you are in the U.S., I agree with SloverUT's advise.  But as caniac6 alluded to, if it is a "typical" muni-course, a clean polo shirt and a khaki pants would not be out of line.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

The tan pants and polo is fine. I suppose everyone is different but in my experience I tend to think those that come to my interviews overdressed appear out of touch or in transition. If I am trying to hire a mechanic and someone shows up dressed like they are interviewing for a position in a law office the first thing I think is they are out of work and looking for something to hold them over until they find something better. Dress for the job not for the runway, it's not a fashion show.

Dave :-)

Originally Posted by Dave2512

The tan pants and polo is fine. I suppose everyone is different but in my experience I tend to think those that come to my interviews overdressed appear out of touch or in transition. If I am trying to hire a mechanic and someone shows up dressed like they are interviewing for a position in a law office the first thing I think is they are out of work and looking for something to hold them over until they find something better. Dress for the job not for the runway, it's not a fashion show.

Definitely different.  When I interview individuals I never hold it against them for being over dressed, however, I don't like it if they are underdressed.  I am not saying khaki/poli is wrong..  but again I always find it better to overdress.  Either way, it is not like a pair of khaki's with a button up shirt/tie is a huge upgrade from a polo.  It isn't as if I am suggesting he wear a 3 piece suit :).

Jeff

Originally Posted by Graves1000

Hi Everyone. Just joined and I need help before tomorrow at 12:30.

I've got an interview with a course for the position of Range Attendant.

I need your opinions on what to wear. I was thinking of Khaki pants and a Polo shirt. Some I talk to say that's great, others suggest a dress shirt and tie

I'm currently at college and do not have a dress shirt and tie in my wardrobe. I guess my question is, is it worth showing up for? I do not want to look like a fool. Any help is appreciated. Especially Course employees.

Thanks!

PS I do not golf. Or frequent courses very much. If you could not tell. Thanks.

Wearing a polo and khakis should be just fine.  Just make sure they are freshly pressed, and you don't look like you rolled out of bed, or picked them up out of a pile of dirty clothes off of your closet floor.

Note: This thread is 4173 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!