IGNORED

Walking Vs Riding - GolfNow "Hot Deals"

PapaBear
Note: This thread is 4172 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I usually play 3-4x per week, and want to start walking. My issue is this, I don't belong to a club, and usually book my tee times using the GolfNow hot deals which include cart fees.  In my area, the "hot deals" are typically anywhere from $10-25 to play decent courses in the area if you are somewhat flexible with tee time.  Was thinking of getting a push cart and walking some rounds for 2013, but hard to justify $200 for a push cart (as opposed to other golf equipment I want) when I'm averaging about $15-20 to ride. Any thoughts around walking versus riding?  (I realize there are several threads around walking / push carts but see many responses from recent months).  Thanks!

You do not have to spend $200 on a push cart.  You can find them on craiglists/ebay ranging anywhere from $20+ and sometimes I see them for $10.  It may not be anything super fancy but it will allow you to push your clubs if that is what you wish to do.

Here is a push cart on amazon for $19.99

http://www.amazon.com/CaddyTek-SuperLite-Golf-Model-CaddyLite/dp/B00A6LSASW/ref=sr_1_6?s=golf&ie;=UTF8&qid;=1352911204&sr;=1-6

Jeff

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by SloverUT

You do not have to spend $200 on a push cart.  You can find them on craiglists/ebay ranging anywhere from $20+ and sometimes I see them for $10.  It may not be anything super fancy but it will allow you to push your clubs if that is what you wish to do.

Here is a push cart on amazon for $19.99

http://www.amazon.com/CaddyTek-SuperLite-Golf-Model-CaddyLite/dp/B00A6LSASW/ref=sr_1_6?s=golf&ie;=UTF8&qid;=1352911204&sr;=1-6

im 24 and debating whether or not to use a push cart instead of riding to get a little bit more exercise??? thoughts!

In My  Nimbus Stand Bag:

Driver: :tmade: RBZ 9.5*

Hybrid: :callaway: XHot 18* Pro

Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0 5-PW, AW

Wedge: :callaway: Mack Daddy 2 Tour 58*

Putter: :odyssey: Protype Black #9

Ball: :callaway: SuperSoft

It really is a personal choice.  I prefer to walk because I enjoy the exercise and feel like I concentrate better when I walk.  But some people enjoy riding.  I say walk the course a time or two and see how it goes.  If you enjoy it you'll be getting a decent work out while playing golf at the same time.

Jeff

$10-$25 for a decent course is a pretty good rate. For that rate, I wouldn't feel at all bad walking just because the cart was "included " in the rate. As others have said, you can find a decent push cart for a lot less than $200. If the course rents push carts, they may even be willing to give you a push cart instead of a riding cart for that rate.....
  • Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

$10-$25 for a decent course is a pretty good rate. For that rate, I wouldn't feel at all bad walking just because the cart was "included " in the rate. As others have said, you can find a decent push cart for a lot less than $200. If the course rents push carts, they may even be willing to give you a push cart instead of a riding cart for that rate.....

This. For rates that cheap, I would walk anyway. Just recently bought a clicgear and it was well worth the $200. Since getting it in June, I have played 36 holes a day, numerous 27 and even 5 days in a row last weekend without feeling too fatigued. At 44 and after carrying and walking the last few years, it makes a big differences in the way I feel at the end of a round. I'm not a big fan of riding and think they slow things down when not used properly.

In my Bagboy cart bag:
Driver: TM R11s 10.5 R-flex 3W: TM 09 Burner 3H: TM 09 Burner Irons: TM Tour Burner 4-PW r-flex
Wedges: Wilson TW9 GW, Ping Eye 2+ SW, Vokey SM 58.08      Putter:TM Rossa Spider Ball: TM TP/Red LDP, TF Gamer v2   Range Finder: GX-I

My wife bought my a Clicgear last father's day and I've walked ever since. At least for me I think it helps keeps my lower back from stifffening up during a round.

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

Originally Posted by SloverUT

It really is a personal choice.  I prefer to walk because I enjoy the exercise and feel like I concentrate better when I walk.  But some people enjoy riding.  I say walk the course a time or two and see how it goes.  If you enjoy it you'll be getting a decent work out while playing golf at the same time.

I agree with this. I walk 6 rounds a week and just as sure as I play with friends and use a cart I can add 5-10 strokes to the card. I focus when I walk. Plus it burn 1500 calories.

I recommend a carry bag. I use a light taylormade bag and just carry it like a back pack. No expensive gear to buy.

Note: This thread is 4172 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!