IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14

jamo
Note: This thread is 3436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone going to create the country club for the sandtrap like last year? Chucked in the disc a couple of weeks ago and I'd either been kicked out of the club, or it had closed.

Yeah I will probably get it when it goes on sale anyway, just because it supposedly has Ben Hogan in it.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by clarkeycats

Just picked up a cheap copy of TW13 and can't believe how easy it is, even on tour pro, hopefully playing as the legends adds to the difficulty level.

That's one thing that has turned me off of TW games for awhile.  Unless they've changed things recently, they're just too easy.   There's just no way to replicate how incredibly hard it is to swing the golf club and make sweet spot contact every time.  I get that it's a video game and nobody wants to put up 100+ in a video game, but it gets boring really fast posting scores in the low 50's at any of the US Open courses or Augusta because that's not even close to real life.

This also makes me wonder if 'Legends' mode will somehow make the courses harder, hitting the golf ball harder, or just make the competition score better?

In My Bag:
Driver: :cleveland:  Hi-Bore XLS
Irons: :cleveland:  CCi 3i-PW
Wedges: :nike:  VR V-Rev Cast Black-Satin
Putter: :ping:  IC 20-10A

Originally Posted by RichWW2

That's one thing that has turned me off of TW games for awhile.  Unless they've changed things recently, they're just too easy.   There's just no way to replicate how incredibly hard it is to swing the golf club and make sweet spot contact every time.  I get that it's a video game and nobody wants to put up 100+ in a video game, but it gets boring really fast posting scores in the low 50's at any of the US Open courses or Augusta because that's not even close to real life.

This also makes me wonder if 'Legends' mode will somehow make the courses harder, hitting the golf ball harder, or just make the competition score better?

The last one I had was TW12.  I actually found the putting overly difficult in that one.  Especially in the majors.  At least in the early stages of the game on the tour pro setting I think it was.  Was the putting in TW13 easier, or was it just user error for me in TW12?

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

so I picked up my copy last night and played for a few hours... great game imo. The last time I played one of these, it was like 04 or something... Anyway, what I feel is much improved is the use of the stick to swing the club, it records your actual thumb movements and your swing performs in accordance with that. So if you want to hit a draw, you have to pull down on the stick in a diagonal manner and push up in the exact opposite direction. The closer you are to "exact" the better the contact and the further the ball goes.

Now, perhaps its because I'm a "noob" in essence, but I have the game on an easy setting (pro) and I actually posted a few bogies. Especially at the U.S. Open where the greens performed significantly different than the previous course. Now, mind you, I was in the "My Career" mode, with a newly created player and minimal skill upgrades, but still, I'm hopeful that as I bump up the difficulty settings, that my scores will reflect something that resembles reality. Either way, at the end of the day, its a game and I don't know of any sports series where players are incapable of eventually posting unrealistic stats and scores even on the hardest level.

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

The last one I had was TW12.  I actually found the putting overly difficult in that one.  Especially in the majors.  At least in the early stages of the game on the tour pro setting I think it was.  Was the putting in TW13 easier, or was it just user error for me in TW12?

IMO putting was much more exacting in 13 than 12.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

The putting in TW13 is what made me quit playing that version. Personally, I felt TW12 had it nailed and nothing needed changed.

Ok, thanks guys.

Nate

Originally Posted by divot dave

....... that my scores will reflect something that resembles reality. Either way, at the end of the day, its a game and I don't know of any sports series where players are incapable of eventually posting unrealistic stats and scores even on the hardest level.

I'll be picking up my copy soon. I'll go ahead and spring for the Masters just so I'll have it. If anyone wants to meetup online and play, I'm in depending on the time of day and evening plans of course. If someone wants to create the Sand Trap CC that would be cool too.

I play the game in a more natural mode. I don't exploit all the features, bumps, and tricks......so I don't bother going online to play in tournaments because those guys pretty much live to play the game, have maxed out player stats with maxed out boosts and exploit the game mechanics, bugs, tricks and modded controllers. Seriously, shooting -29?? That's what you're looking at if you want to win.

I just like to go play....and I'll shoot -2.....or +3.....just depends on the course and how I'm doing that day. I'm "Joe Diver" on XBL.

The putting in TW13 is what made me quit playing that version. Personally, I felt TW12 had it nailed and nothing needed changed.

FWIW, the putting system is the same in 14, but it seems like it's not quite as tough to get exactly right. It's still my least favorite putting system in ... forever, I think. [quote name="Fred Garvin" url="/t/63219/tiger-woods-pga-tour-14/0_30#post_825135"] I'll be picking up my copy soon. I'll go ahead and spring for the Masters just so I'll have it. If anyone wants to meetup online and play, I'm in depending on the time of day and evening plans of course. If someone wants to create the Sand Trap CC that would be cool too. I play the game in a more natural mode. I don't exploit all the features, bumps, and tricks......so I don't bother going online to play in tournaments because those guys pretty much live to play the game, have maxed out player stats with maxed out boosts and exploit the game mechanics, bugs, tricks and modded controllers. Seriously, shooting -29?? That's what you're looking at if you want to win. I just like to go play....and I'll shoot -2.....or +3.....just depends on the course and how I'm doing that day. I'm "Joe Diver" on XBL. [/quote] I made "The Sand Trap CC" on 360 last night, if anyone wants to join. I kept forgetting to make tournaments last year, so if I can give that power to someone else, that'd be great. Also, I recommend buying the collector's edition, or whatever it's called. They gave me the regular one, but the value you get for $10 extra is solid compared to buying the courses individually. And the old-time Augusta layout is pretty cool.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Im collecting mine tomorrow BUT for those oh you that have it already do you still need to hit the backspin button after the shot or is backspin creating by the shot you play?

As I got more in to real life golf last year I began wanting real life things like this being incorporated in to the game (ie. not having to hit a button to create backspin) and was pleasantly surprised to see backspin being present in the demo without the need to hit a button...but then even that sounds like its not been carried over in to the real game though?

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Im collecting mine tomorrow BUT for those oh you that have it already do you still need to hit the backspin button after the shot or is backspin creating by the shot you play? As I got more in to real life golf last year I began wanting real life things like this being incorporated in to the game (ie. not having to hit a button to create backspin) and was pleasantly surprised to see backspin being present in the demo without the need to hit a button...but then even that sounds like its not been carried over in to the real game though? Regards Mailman

I didn't play the demo but, no, you have to button-mash for spin.

In my bag:

Originally Posted by jamo

I didn't play the demo but, no, you have to button-mash for spin.

I actually liked TW12 for this.  You could only create spin by the type of shot you play.

Nate

I should clarify, there are higher difficulty levels where there is no spin. I forgot about that.

In my bag:

On my way to pick it up now.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Originally Posted by jamo

I should clarify, there are higher difficulty levels where there is no spin. I forgot about that.

Ah OK, that is good then.

Nate

Note: This thread is 3436 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!