• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
onthehunt526

3-wood, 4-wood or hybrid

4 posts in this topic

I just ordered a Tour Edge XCG3 9.0° driver for cheap... (I got it off ebay for $130) I'm looking into a matching fairway wood or hybrid... I hit the driver about 280 yards... It's November in I Ithaca and basically no courses are open except the city course... I hit my 2-iron about 230... So my question is this... What should I gap the 50 yards with.... The 3-wood, 4 or 16° hybrid?

Awards and Achievements

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

You might try a 4W. You hit your driver far enough you could use the 4W as a single fairway wood. Could also use it out of light rough. It would have more length AND more loft than a 2i, or 3i, giving your some flexibility.

And since you have a Tour Edge driver, see if you can pick up a TE Exotic 4W. People who carry Exotics FWs hint they are nearly magic clubs.

Awards and Achievements

Could I get away with that and not yank my 2i?

Awards and Achievements

If you had a 4W in your bag (in place of the unnamed FW you list), that would be 14 clubs exactly. You could keep your 2i.

Some people also have a hybrid on hand, and use it during the summer instead of a 2i. They use the 2i in spring and fall when the wind is higher, and the turf is not as plush.

Awards and Achievements